Mantis X10 Elite (Read 743 times)

pukas84

Mantis X10 Elite
« on: August 20, 2021, 11:12:25 AM »
Read several reviews here and online, and watched several YouTube videos.  Planning to get the Mantis X10 Elite.  Wanted to know what you folks think about this product, or are there any other alternatives.  Mahalos.

ren

Re: Mantis X10 Elite
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:01:28 PM »
I was shopping for e-trainers last year and looked at the Mantis and the SCATT. I learned that there are different sensors to provide feedback. Either some optical sensor or an inertia sensor. I had a Chinese optical system years ago called Top Gun and had the same but not as refined capability as a SCATT. THe before and after trace of breaking the shot was the most valuable data in my practice. I don't know if the Mantis does that. I think it is just inertia based. With optical based sensors they can tell you the pre and post shot traces.
I ended up with the SCATT Basic and use it a lot even at the range as it can be used with live fire.
The Mantis may be for you if trace is not what you are looking for and just focusing on hold. If that's the case, I don't think the Mantis will help diagnose any positional problems.
Deeds Not Words

DocMercy

Re: Mantis X10 Elite
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 02:39:24 PM »
I would go with the system that Olympic sharpshooters, Navy SEALs, Army Rangers and Marine snipers use. Afaik, Scatt has one endorser, but he shoots air rifles. There are members here who know of SEALs, and other members of the military- their opinion would be highly valuable.

Personally, I'd go with the same gear that one ROC shooter employs. Pick the right eyewear and may the force be with you.

https://www.wired.com/2016/08/olympic-sharpshooters-look-like-cyborgs/

Some people are natural born shooters, like Luke Skywalker. I'll bet that Russia and China have figured out how to test for this genetically. For the rest of us mortals, just keep practicing, and be willing to pay for Scatt, Mantis, and even CoolFire.