My COVID Experience (Read 10223 times)

macsak

Re: My COVID Experience
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2021, 12:31:41 PM »
I just had a visual of him on a horse.  And a tank of nitrus strapped to said horse and tube and mask on horse.  All while he's going yeehaw with cowboy hat on in scrubs.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

when i wear the cowboy hat, i have on chaps...

changemyoil66

« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2021, 12:32:41 PM »
you fantasizing about him/her/it? 

You really are sick. . .

:rofl:

U jelly?

drck1000

« Reply #102 on: October 20, 2021, 12:33:28 PM »

changemyoil66

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2021, 09:21:56 AM »
Just had another XP and thought to add in that was in another post.

So my strength went down very minimal after recovering from covid.  Mainly this was due to lack of eating because I wasn't as hungry because I wasn't working out at all for 10 days.  So the body didn't need the fuel/energy from a high protein/calorie diet.  This often happens when I go on vacation, by the 4th day of vacay, I lose my appetite because I don't workout when on vacay.  So when we go to Vegas, we hit the buffets early in the trip.

And to get back to where I was b4 vacay it usually takes 3 weeks.  Hard to tell with covid because I purposely took things slowly because the effects are unknown.  Don't want to come back to hard and end up in the hospital.

Example: Vacay and Covid numbers

Squat pre vacay/covid 405lbs
After vacay/covid 385lbs for the same amount of reps as I did 405lbs. Numbers are about the same for all exercises 5-10% loss of strength.

So compare this to when I get the flu, not only do I have fever, chills, body ache, sleeping for 2-3 days, but also lose 6 months of hard work at the gym.  Then when I do go back, it takes me 3 months or so to get back to where I was before catching the flu.  Not only does my strength go down big time, but so does my endurance and size.  My clothes is noticeably baggier.

Squat pre flu-405lbs
Post flu-345lbs or so. Haven't caught the flu in years, so going by memory.  Again number holds true for other exercises as well for reduced strength.  The biggest is my flat barbell bench 275lbs to 225lbs for the same amount of reps.

So update after recovering from covid 3 months ago, health has been back to normal, still getting stronger in the gym. Lungs feel fine. This was expected, but since covid is so new, the long term for myself is unknown. But so far, so good.

So in the end with my personal XP with covid, IMO the flu is way worst for me.  Not only do I get all the symptoms (see above) of the flu, but my gains in the gym are impacted way more.

Inspector

« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2021, 03:46:39 AM »
Thanks for posting your XP with Covid, CMO. I appreciate your thoughts on this.  :thumbsup:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

changemyoil66

« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2021, 11:50:49 AM »
Update:

Went to Vegas for a week. Didn't workout at all. Toward the end of the trip I lost my appetite, which is normal due to not needing the fuel cause no working out.  And when I did have my appetite, I wasn't on the normal high protein diet. This is common too when I'm on vacay.

So 1st workout back from Vegas and strength dropped 10%. Which is normal. Lungs felt fine which is not normal. usually when coming back, I'm out of breath just warming up.  So both coming back from covid and vacay, lungs are fine. Maybe I'm getting older so my body is changing.

So comparing this to when I worked out coming back from COVID, it's the same. So the loss of strength and size was from not working out for 10 days when I had COVID (in quarantine), and this times was from not working out for 1 week while on vacay.

Also this time I lost 1 inch on my waist. My work belt has to be taken in a notch and shirts do feel baggier than normal.  Also took 2 COVID test since returning an both negative. So I don't have COVID currently which would be 1 reason why the loss of gains is the same.