Rifle Magazine Ban (Read 1310 times)

DEROS

Rifle Magazine Ban
« on: September 23, 2021, 09:38:33 AM »
Just want to make sure, did the bill to limit rifle magazine fail to become a law? 

I searched and saw there was SB2519, which would limit rifle magazine to 10rds.  However it looks like it stalled in the Senate committee with no further action.

The reason I am asking is that I notice a lot of online stores, like the ones in gun brokers, that will not send to Hawaii saying it is illegal.

Am I missing something?

Edit:  found SB301.  So did this pass?  It doesn’t look like it did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 10:43:03 AM by DEROS »

macsak

Re: Rifle Magazine Ban
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 12:30:41 PM »
all mag bills failed

changemyoil66

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 12:43:02 PM »
Some companies have made it their own policy not to ship rifle mags over 10rds to HI.  Even though others sent them the HRS and proof that they're legal and by also sending in the rifle mag bills. Why ban something that is already illegal is the thought.  Some replies are that the mag shippers said their attorneys disagree, others state internal policy.

There are still online shops that will ship to HI. For me, I rather support LGS.  That would be if I owned any firearms, ammo, mags, reloading supplies, comms, body armor, preps.

dogman

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 04:47:47 PM »
Friend of mine received some Croation  :oops: Crowasian 30 round AK mags from Primary Arms today.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 05:49:08 PM by dogman »

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 05:30:36 PM »
Friend of mine received some Croation 30 round AK mags from Primary Arms today.
INB4 Mr. Tourettes points that out. . .

DEROS

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2021, 06:39:27 PM »
Some companies have made it their own policy not to ship rifle mags over 10rds to HI.  Even though others sent them the HRS and proof that they're legal and by also sending in the rifle mag bills. Why ban something that is already illegal is the thought.  Some replies are that the mag shippers said their attorneys disagree, others state internal policy.

There are still online shops that will ship to HI. For me, I rather support LGS.  That would be if I owned any firearms, ammo, mags, reloading supplies, comms, body armor, preps.

Thanks.  I was looking at all my 30rd mags and thought I had to get rid of them.  Just like when I found out pistol magazine that was more than 10rd are illegal and not grandfathered.  $1000 worth of magazine destroyed  ;) and another $1000 worth of 10rd magazine so I can go to the range.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 08:27:04 PM by DEROS »

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2021, 07:01:03 PM »
Thanks.  I was looking at all my 30rd mags and thought I had to get rid of them.  Just like when I found out that the 10rd pistol magazine were illegal and not grandfathered.  $1000 worth of magazine destroyed  ;) and another $1000 worth of 10rd magazine so I can go to the range.
"Parts kits"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2021, 09:14:13 PM »
"Parts kits"

That would prevent losing the $1,000 worth of existing mags, but he still needs to add the $1,000 worth of 10-rounders to hsi inventory.

One option is to block some of them in a way that's reversible in a way which also complies with "whatever ambiguous standards" the state has yet to impart to us lowly peasants.

There's more than one way to limit a magazine!   :geekdanc:

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 09:22:25 PM »
I was about to order mgapul AR mag blockers. But held off. Took a risk that the bill wont pass.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk