THE .22 PISTOL A MUST-HAVE FOR THE SERIOUS HANDGUNNER (Read 1274 times)

stangzilla

Re: THE .22 PISTOL A MUST-HAVE FOR THE SERIOUS HANDGUNNER
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2021, 12:29:10 PM »
I have never shot a Single 10 nor even held one. I assume it is similar to a single 6?

its the same frame and grip, just the cylinder holds 10 rounds.  and the Ten comes with FO sights instead of irons.  sights are easily changed out on most models
i think the Six you have more barrel length options, IIRC
i would have preferred the Six convertible with the 22magnum cylinder, but at the time LGS only had the Ten model so i got that one.  i wouldn't mind having both. if I see one sitting at a LGS, I will buy it   :shaka:

jc2721

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2021, 06:51:22 PM »
CCI Quiet ammo will cycle through my Ruger Mk. II Government Target Model but not a Beretta 21a nor a Kart rimfire conversion.  It is noticeably quieter than SV but not like Colibri or CB Long.

Bushido

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2021, 10:52:47 PM »
Yeah, YG used to have regular sales of Blazer .22 bricks for $25 *sigh*

I remember buying Blazer brick from them for $9.95 on sale. I may be showing my age

Inspector

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • AZ MASS ELECTION FRAUD OCCURRED!!!
  • Referrals: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2021, 01:46:01 AM »
I remember buying Blazer brick from them for $9.95 on sale. I may be showing my age
I remember buying a brick of Blazer from YG for $18. I don’t remember how long ago that was but I bought 10 bricks. I called a friend of mine to tell him about my find and he went there the next day and they had sold out. So I sold him 5 of my bricks. The cheapest I have seen a brick recently is $50.
AZ MASS ELECTION FRAUD OCCURRED!!! - THE PROOF IS IN!!!
THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN!!! - THE EVIDENCE PROVES IT!!!
TRUMP IS THE REAL PRESIDENT!!! - BIDEN IS A FRAUD!!!
MASKS DON’T WORK!!! - NO REAL SCIENCE TO PROVE IT!!!!
LET’S GO BRANDON!!!

Bushido

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2021, 07:17:14 PM »
I remember buying a brick of Blazer from YG for $18. I don’t remember how long ago that was but I bought 10 bricks. I called a friend of mine to tell him about my find and he went there the next day and they had sold out. So I sold him 5 of my bricks. The cheapest I have seen a brick recently is $50.

180 a case was what i was paying for Blazers and Aguila SV pre covid. Haven't needed to buy since I still have a bunch

Inspector

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2021, 02:07:13 AM »
180 a case was what i was paying for Blazers and Aguila SV pre covid. Haven't needed to buy since I still have a bunch
I had 15k rounds I had to sell before I moved from the islands. 99% Blazer and CCI SV. I had been trying to use it all up for a year or two before. My guess is I had about 30k rounds when my wife and I realized we were not able to stay in Hawaii due to the poor medical care she was getting.

After I moved here in April 2020 (Or 4/20 💨 😝)  I was only able to obtain 2500 rounds Blazer and 5100 rounds of CCI SV before supplies dried up right before my eyes. Of course I realize that this amount won’t last me long especially the SV because I can only shoot SV out of my target pistols. Then about a year ago the CMP started selling bulk packaged Eley SV for 7 cents a round or right around $350 per case delivered to my door. I bought 2 cases and they have not had any since. This Eley mimics CCI SV to a tee. It is very close in velocity and SD out of my guns. The only difference is it has a more greasy lube than the waxy lube that the CCI SV has.
LET’S GO BRANDON!!!

Bushido

« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2021, 04:11:36 AM »
I had 15k rounds I had to sell before I moved from the islands. 99% Blazer and CCI SV. I had been trying to use it all up for a year or two before. My guess is I had about 30k rounds when my wife and I realized we were not able to stay in Hawaii due to the poor medical care she was getting.

After I moved here in April 2020 (Or 4/20 💨 😝)  I was only able to obtain 2500 rounds Blazer and 5100 rounds of CCI SV before supplies dried up right before my eyes. Of course I realize that this amount won’t last me long especially the SV because I can only shoot SV out of my target pistols. Then about a year ago the CMP started selling bulk packaged Eley SV for 7 cents a round or right around $350 per case delivered to my door. I bought 2 cases and they have not had any since. This Eley mimics CCI SV to a tee. It is very close in velocity and SD out of my guns. The only difference is it has a more greasy lube than the waxy lube that the CCI SV has.

I love the CMP Eley practice. Bulk package and very consistent. Yes the lube is very excessive.

Ammo is coming back. It'll be like toilet paper was in Hawaii. Not very many people can afford to sit on a large stash of ammo so the supply will stable off in time. High end 22 stuff is pretty available.

Inspector

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2021, 05:05:34 AM »
I love the CMP Eley practice. Bulk package and very consistent. Yes the lube is very excessive.

Ammo is coming back. It'll be like toilet paper was in Hawaii. Not very many people can afford to sit on a large stash of ammo so the supply will stable off in time. High end 22 stuff is pretty available.
I have been wanting to pick up some of my fav SK Rifle and Pistol Match ammo. But since I am no longer involved in any sort of competition shooting I have been holding off getting some. Also, I have only been able to find it in case lots at a decent price. By the brick has been outrageous.

A friend wants me to join the league we have at the range but I am not sure I want to compete any more.
LET’S GO BRANDON!!!

Inspector

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2021, 03:15:34 AM »
Here’s one I want to shoot:

Keltec CP33

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/10/kel-tec-cp33-pistol/
LET’S GO BRANDON!!!

drck1000

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2021, 09:20:35 AM »
I thought about your Dad’s HS pistol when I wrote that question #3. It is too bad you don’t know more about the history of the gun as it relates to your Dad. I have always told you that if you ever want to part with it, I would love to have first crack at it. But I know you never will. I want it because I know I can’t have it. The memories a firearm can conjure up are priceless.

I like the S&W Victory model. It is an excellent gun at an excellent price. There are a lot of aftermarket parts for it as well. I like the Ruger MKIV as well. There are so many variants of it available it is hard to decide which one to choose. And there are a ton of aftermarket parts and mods for it as well. I used to have a MKIII and a MKII. One had the 5” bull barrel I used for target practice and the other had a short tapered lighter weight barrel I used for plinking. I wish I had never sold them.
I believe my dad used to shoot often with his brothers.  All have firearms.  I know some stories, but never asked them more about their experiences.  Had plenty of opportunities at family parties, trips to Vegas together, etc.  Just never did.  :(  They grew up in Molokai and had lots of opportunity to just go out and shoot. Big family too where the oldest uncle was like another parent. 

Different thread, but my dad’s revolvers were among his most prized guns.  His Python, .41 Mag S&W, and .44 Mag Ruger, all of which I really enjoy shooting, but don’t enjoy cleaning as much. Haha

drck1000

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2021, 09:21:35 AM »
A .22 lr semi-auto with RDS and a revolver are two handguns I would love to own.  Especially if I had more regular access to a plinking range.