Alec Baldwin shoots and kills someone (Read 8372 times)

Heavies

Re: Alec Baldwin shoots and kills someone
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2022, 12:26:47 PM »
Great.  If anyone asks me my opinion, I should just say, "No," and the supporting fact would be, "Someone on a gun forum said so, too."

:crazy: :wacko: :geekdanc:

Why you going to make a reply like that?  Don’t troll

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2022, 12:31:07 PM »
"I'm not sure "arrested" is accurate.  I think (from reading about many of those cases) the Cops will detain you for questioning"

I'm probably nit pik-ing here but any time you are handcuffed and detained, I'd call that an arrest.
Charges are a different issue, but that is what an arraignment is for.

The first words out of my mouth would be;
Am I being detained?
Am I free to go?
If I'm being detained and I'm not free to go, it is request a lawyer time.
and quit talking.
That is an arrest of your freedom to go about your business.

Alec caused a death and that has to be answered.
Purposeful, poor judgement, or accidentally.
The explanation must be a matter of public record.
Not a "Wink, wink, Nod, nod".

I wouldn't go with the annoying "Am I being detained, or am I free to go?" tirade.  I'd just tell them I'm willing to cooperate and answer all of their questions, but I'd like to consult my attorney and have them present before I say anything.

If you already gave them a vague statement, like "This stranger threatened me with that knife, and I shot him in self defense," that's all you need to say at the scene.  Save the details for when your lawyer gets with you.

If you just shot someone, I don't think saying "Am I being detained?" is a very intelligent question for you to ask!   :rofl:
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2022, 12:42:21 PM »
Why you going to make a reply like that?  Don’t troll

Sorry. 

Since you asked "why?" ...  I was responding that way, because he's been commenting on many threads similarly.  His reply is as if he was answering a poll question -- simply stating a "for or against" opinion with no context or explanation.

I was trying to make the point that without more to the comment, the post was basically meaningless.  It added nothing to the discussion.  It's nice that he has an opinion, but just posting, "I would say not," doesn't say much at all.

I apologize that it was more trollish than it should have been.
Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Heavies

« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2022, 12:48:41 PM »
Sorry. 

Since you asked "why?" ...  I was responding that way, because he's been commenting on many threads similarly.  His reply is as if he was answering a poll question -- simply stating a "for or against" opinion with no context or explanation.

I was trying to make the point that without more to the comment, the post was basically meaningless.  It added nothing to the discussion.  It's nice that he has an opinion, but just posting, "I would say not," doesn't say much at all.

I apologize that it was more trollish than it should have been.

A question was asked. It was answered simply. Many here do this same thing.

I’ve already had to can a person for trolling other members, even when they don’t respond to that person. I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t hold everyone to that same standard.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2022, 12:53:13 PM »
A question was asked. It was answered simply. Many here do this same thing.

I’ve already had to can a person for trolling other members, even when they don’t respond to that person. I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t hold everyone to that same standard.

Understood.

I appreciate the fair warning.

groveler

« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2022, 02:20:43 PM »
I wouldn't go with the annoying "Am I being detained, or am I free to go?" tirade.  I'd just tell them I'm willing to cooperate and answer all of their questions, but I'd like to consult my attorney and have them present before I say anything.

If you already gave them a vague statement, like "This stranger threatened me with that knife, and I shot him in self defense," that's all you need to say at the scene.  Save the details for when your lawyer gets with you.

If you just shot someone, I don't think saying "Am I being detained?" is a very intelligent question for you to ask!   :rofl:
I know that is an annoying "tirade".  But when you are in trouble never lie or talk to cops other than in irritating "Legalese".
Keep in mind you are innocent until proven guilty.
Their job is to enforce the law, not befriend you.

They befriended Alec.  I don't think you or I would have received the same "gentle" treatment.

Inspector

« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2022, 02:41:11 PM »
The training classes I have taken were very clear about this. They told us to say:

I want to cooperate and I will cooperate with the police. But not until I speak to an attorney.

Then shut up and don’t say another word.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

changemyoil66

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2022, 12:00:28 PM »
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rust-armorer-hannah-gutierrez-reed-184341704.html

OSHA sites violations by the production, not the armorer.