Multiple Home Invaders (Read 1594 times)

DocMercy

Multiple Home Invaders
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:05:28 AM »

What's wrong with this video? When the invaders realize the homeowner is a woman and has a weapon, do you really think that they are going to just stop in the hallway and bide their time? They're going to fire pepper balls into the room to disable her. Any homeowner who relies on a Maginot Line for defense is asking for trouble. Make sure that your room has multiple weapons, a CBRN mask, and a bullet resistant vest if you plan on using one room for your last stand.

Burglars have cockroach instincts. They are not going to stand still like a stationary bullseye target. The time that the woman spends creating a barrier would be better spent triggering an alarm or activating lawful booby traps (like ceiling mounted Tasers or Bolawraps).

The Hawaii Defense Fund could make a lot of money giving lessons on actual home defense, in a real home. Reaction time is one of the most critical factors in determining whether you survive or become a victim.

changemyoil66

Re: Multiple Home Invaders
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 10:19:47 AM »
Most home invaders will not just start blasting pepper balls in a room to disable the occupant.  I've watched a few Active Self Protection and other vids and have never seen this. I'm sure it has happened somewhere, but just not that I'm aware of.  Or often enough that someone post a vid about it.

Most homeowners also would not own a gas mask for the reason above.  And with COVID, a P100 respirator at best, but with no eye protection.

There have been courts that convicted home/business owners for setting up booby traps. So be careful about these.

What this video lacks is most home invaders will flee like roaches once the first shots are fired, including leaving their friends behind.  If they stay to fight, then it's a personal home invasion. As in a hit, or paid to kidnap, etc...

ren

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 10:30:29 AM »
I think most home invaders won't advance further in Hawaii. Time and anxiety is against them. Of course, this is based on what I read in the news. Unless there is something that they REALLy want like a flux capacitor - I think they won't try to do a forced entry. Most of the time they aren't looking for a firefight. If they are I'd think they'd be in a mismatch because if a homeowner is prepared enough to barricade and arm themselves they probably have a level of firearms training above the common home invading cockroach.

Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 11:58:02 AM »
I think every homeowner needs to have some kind of emergency plan for these situations.  And every home scenario will require different actions and procedures.

But the way I see it is, once they have entered against your will you can do several things:

You can invite them to sit down with you and sing "kum baya..."

You can run out the other way and yell "take what you want, it's all yours!...."

You can stand there with your family and turn the other cheek and risk getting killed or screwed in the okole.  You know, since you turned the other cheek..... :D

Sometimes I'm led to believe the above options are what our Demokrat leaders in Hawaii would recommend you do.

Or you can be like myself and others and shoot, shoot, shoot until they don't move  and pose no potential threat anymore.

Did I shoot to kill?  If asked I will say I shot until they didn't move and pose a threat anymore.  Is it one and the same?  Well, that's for them to prove.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

macsak

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 12:28:55 PM »
someone watched "Home Alone" this Christmas...

Rocky

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 01:00:33 PM »
At least the home invaders were covid-considerate and wore masks.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

aieahound

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 01:42:09 PM »
Good thing I got a second big dog.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 08:17:50 PM »

I’d only do this if I didn’t want to bother with a contractor to remodel.  Fastest way to an open floor plan.

No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

changemyoil66

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 08:29:30 PM »
I’d only do this if I didn’t want to bother with a contractor to remodel.  Fastest way to an open floor plan.
And saves u $10k in demo.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk