Served with a bunk TRO from Cousin on behalf of my dad (Read 925 times)

Phazuka

Served with a bunk TRO from Cousin on behalf of my dad
« on: December 30, 2021, 07:10:28 PM »
Long story short, my cousin and sister ganged up on me while my father was in a nursing home and my cousin hae DPOA, on the grounds of elderly physical and mental abuse and misappropriation of funds.  DHS elderly protective services investigated and my father denied physical and mental abuse and knew about what I spent of his money, mostly on food, bills, and home improvements.

I was his primary caregiver and he preferred to stay at home with me and do what he wanted, when he wanted and ate what he wanted.

My firearms were confiscated for the duration of the hearings but the first  OSC hearing went well in my favor.  My sister forced my cousin to use overreaching terms like "torturing", "starving", "punishing", and other outrageous claims. 

The judge asked if the plaintiff was sure she wanted to continue to trial and she agreed to a trial.

I've reached out to HIFICO several times without a response but it's the holidays so I understand but I need help ASAP.  Continuance hearing is Jan24th.  Main concern is getting my firearms back and send them out of state.  I'm moving out of this unrecognizable state that i was born in, in March.

Halp!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

hvybarrels

Re: Served with a bunk TRO from Cousin on behalf of my dad
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 08:11:33 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. This is exactly the sort of scenario we were all concerned about. How did the process play out? Did you get a lot of warning or did the police just show up at your door one day?
Anything that can be destroyed by truth will be destroyed by truth.

Phazuka

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 05:11:44 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. This is exactly the sort of scenario we were all concerned about. How did the process play out? Did you get a lot of warning or did the police just show up at your door one day?
I had all my firearms packaged and ready to ship to Texas and they had an eviction order and I signed an affidavit that I had already shipped them off island.  The officers werent too happy they had to unwrap 20 rifle boxes and log them.

My cousin and husband had been threatening for weeks what they were going to do.  They said they were going to send their friend and 13 cousins.   Special agents came at night and prowled around the house while I buttoned up and didn't answer the door for 4 days. I would have gotten them off island 2 days later.

« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 05:17:25 PM by Phazuka »

Phazuka

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 10:36:30 PM »
I need Todd to DM me ASAFP.  Someone please contact him for me.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 09:35:19 PM »
I have reached out to Hifico a couple of times on different platforms and they haven't responded so no ideas there.

I dont think there is much you can do about the guns until the hearings are done unfortunately. IIRC you can sell them but obviously that is not what you are looking to do.

Harassing TROs are a pain in the butt but the thing is that the judge is nearly always going to take safe approach of believing the petitioner in the beginning. Hopefully you can mount an adequate defense, make sure you get the report from elder protective services saying they found no evidence of abuse.

If the judge isn't taking your side at all you can also inform him that you are leaving anyway so that there would be no issues anyway.

Phazuka

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 06:45:24 AM »
I have reached out to Hifico a couple of times on different platforms and they haven't responded so no ideas there.

I dont think there is much you can do about the guns until the hearings are done unfortunately. IIRC you can sell them but obviously that is not what you are looking to do.

Harassing TROs are a pain in the butt but the thing is that the judge is nearly always going to take safe approach of believing the petitioner in the beginning. Hopefully you can mount an adequate defense, make sure you get the report from elder protective services saying they found no evidence of abuse.

If the judge isn't taking your side at all you can also inform him that you are leaving anyway so that there would be no issues anyway.
Got in touch with Todd, he's on the case.  I'm only selling the PSA junk and keeping the nice ones like the M1 carbines, Tavor 556 and 9mm conversation kit, M1A socom 16 and the BRN180's and sending them to Texas.

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 12:39:59 PM »
Long story short, my cousin and sister ganged up on me while my father was in a nursing home and my cousin hae DPOA, on the grounds of elderly physical and mental abuse and misappropriation of funds.  DHS elderly protective services investigated and my father denied physical and mental abuse and knew about what I spent of his money, mostly on food, bills, and home improvements.

I was his primary caregiver and he preferred to stay at home with me and do what he wanted, when he wanted and ate what he wanted.

SNIP
Sorry to hear this.  Hope you can get things worked out. 

Having have taken care of my dad when his health was failing was challenging as it is.  Luckily it was just my sister and I.  While sometimes we differed in our opinion of what was best, it was never a question as to that the other had what was best for our dad in mind.  She had DPOA from a while back.  Was never concerned about being accused of things.  After an incident when he was living on his owns, the social worker asked some pointed questions about elder abuse, or elder neglect, but at that time, he was "all there" and just had an unfortunate incident.  Understand that the social worker was doing her job, but the questions made me feel varying degrees of guilt to  :wtf: 

Hindsight 20/20, so many thing "could" have done.  But I have no doubt my sister and I were doing our best, especially with a very stubborn dad.  My dad had varying levels of "I want to do what I want", so I can see how situations like that can be twisted.  Sucks that you got things turned back on you. 

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 08:30:30 PM »
Got in touch with Todd, he's on the case.  I'm only selling the PSA junk and keeping the nice ones like the M1 carbines, Tavor 556 and 9mm conversation kit, M1A socom 16 and the BRN180's and sending them to Texas.

I have been wanting to donate something for them to auction but he never replies. How did you reach him?

Phazuka

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 05:10:05 AM »
I have been wanting to donate something for them to auction but he never replies. How did you reach him?
I had his phone number but forgot it.