Online registration (Read 6682 times)

dirsh

Online registration
« on: January 01, 2022, 08:41:41 AM »
Been out of the loop for a while and trying to get caught up on the new rules. Am I getting this right?
For pistols
1. Go to HPD and apply for PTA
2. Go online and get PTA emailed to you after waiting period
3. Print PTA and pick up pistol from LGS
4. Register pistol online
5. Pew pew

Rifles
Kind of the same but only applying for rifle permit instead of PTA every time
More pew pew

In the end, only have to go to HPD once?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

stangzilla

DocMercy

Re: Online registration
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 09:36:43 AM »
Been out of the loop for a while and trying to get caught up on the new rules. Am I getting this right?
For pistols
1. Go to HPD and apply for PTA
2. Go online and get PTA emailed to you after waiting period
3. Print PTA and pick up pistol from LGS
4. Register pistol online
5. Pew pew

In the end, only have to go to HPD once?

Do we have any more information on step 2? The first page of the PTA is double-sided and has stamps and signatures on it. The LGS has to sign the back. I wonder how the LGS will detect that a document was forged? They might need an active link to HPD's servers to validate the PTA on the day of  customer pistol pickup.

mrgaf

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 10:19:18 AM »
Do we have any more information on step 2? The first page of the PTA is double-sided and has stamps and signatures on it. The LGS has to sign the back. I wonder how the LGS will detect that a document was forged? They might need an active link to HPD's servers to validate the PTA on the day of  customer pistol pickup.

You still have to pick up the approved PTA for handgun from HPD.
Went to the LGS to pick up the pistol. After the 4473 was completed, He signed an dated the white copy then I did the same. Was told to take a picture of both side of the PTA to show to HPD. J Hara store kept the pink and white copy of the permit. Went back to HPD, showed them the permit photos and that was it. Everything after that was exactly the same as it’s always been. :shaka:

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 10:28:08 AM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

aieahound

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 11:45:43 AM »
Private sale.
Does the buyer need to take the signed permit (signed by seller at transfer) back to HPD to register handgun?

mrgaf

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 11:50:06 AM »
Private sale.
Does the buyer need to take the signed permit (signed by seller at transfer) back to HPD to register handgun?

Hmmmm good question! I would err on the side of caution and call HPD. Personally I don’t see the seller keeping the white copy of the PTA for HPD. Probably different when the transfer involves an FFL.  :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

rpoL98

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 11:01:16 PM »
Private sale.
HPD website says:
"The seller shall cause the permit to be delivered to the HPD Firearms Section within 48 hours after the transfer of the firearm.  (In-person or via registered mail)"

dirsh

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 01:15:13 AM »
Went to the LGS to pick up the pistol. After the 4473 was completed, He signed an dated the white copy then I did the same. Was told to take a picture of both side of the PTA to show to HPD. J Hara store kept the pink and white copy of the permit. Went back to HPD, showed them the permit photos and that was it. Everything after that was exactly the same as it’s always been. :shaka:

So we still have to go to HPD twice? What is the point of having the PTA emailed to you? HPD site isn’t very clear
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

stangzilla

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2022, 07:21:39 AM »
So we still have to go to HPD twice? What is the point of having the PTA emailed to you? HPD site isn’t very clear

i went HPD last week to apply for PTA.  they officer said just register online, no need go back
in person to apply for PTA only.  email the PTA to me.  pick up firearm.  register online

dirsh

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2022, 05:51:29 PM »
i went HPD last week to apply for PTA.  they officer said just register online, no need go back
in person to apply for PTA only.  email the PTA to me.  pick up firearm.  register online
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
╾━╤デ╦︻

stangzilla

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 06:25:15 PM »
Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anytime  :shaka:

zhuzhits

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2022, 08:32:57 PM »
I tried in good faith to reg my firearm online, but they emailed back saying I needed to drop the original permit to aquire off at Beretania or mail it in before they will register it.

There was nothing on their web page regarding this. Smh. Guess I'll just wait.

rpoL98

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 10:58:34 AM »
HPD website says:
"The seller shall cause the permit to be delivered to the HPD Firearms Section within 48 hours after the transfer of the firearm.  (In-person or via registered mail)"
I subsequently talked to the very helpful civilian clerk (Japanese gal) at HPD on the registration side, in person.  She said that the buyer brings in the seller-signed PTA to HPD.  implicit in this is that the buyer is going downtown to register in-person.  I should add, in my case, it was a private sale.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 09:25:51 PM by rpoL98 »

stangzilla

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2022, 06:16:56 PM »
I just saw on the news interview with Hifico this morning  and they said only need to go hpd 1 time. And he did the registration himself online. Theres a conflict if information. Something is fucked up
What's the point of having online registration if we still need to go in person to file the paperwork? I smell something stink. Smells like bullshit

Influence

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2022, 06:31:45 PM »
I’ll find out in about a week

stangzilla

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 06:34:13 PM »

stangzilla

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 07:33:46 PM »
Is there IN WRITING that we need to bring in the signed paperwork to hpd before we can register?
If there is not, then its bullshit. Hpd is making that part up themselves
Not in writing = bullshit

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 09:13:49 PM »
Is there IN WRITING that we need to bring in the signed paperwork to hpd before we can register?

When I just checked HRS 134 online, it still says non-dealers still must present firearms to HPD for registration.

Looks like the paperwork is behind current requirements -- as usual.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rpoL98

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 09:35:56 PM »
just wondering, why did the LGS keep the white copy of the PTA?  HPD website says that the buyer must present the original PTA to HPD when registering the firearm (if you're doing it the old school way I guess).  signals are getting crossed here.

rpoL98

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2022, 09:44:34 PM »
HPD website for not on-line firearms registration says you need "your original firearms permit" when you register your firearm.

does that count as being "in writing"?

on-line firearms registration is as clear as mud.