Ammo at SE. (Read 1924 times)

luckydog1

Ammo at SE.
« on: January 21, 2022, 01:35:44 PM »
Friend just left SE with a case of 6.5 mm  Creed Fusion ammo.  Said there were cases of .223 on the floor.  Sorry, he didn't get prices.

stangzilla

Re: Ammo at SE.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 02:03:07 PM »
Friend just left SE with a case of 6.5 mm  Creed Fusion ammo.  Said there were cases of .223 on the floor.  Sorry, he didn't get prices.

were the cases on the floor for sale to anyone?
or do you have to be on the list

luckydog1

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 02:15:36 PM »
Good question S.  They were on the floor and he told me anyone can buy.  Little strange, I'd call first.

stangzilla

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 02:52:43 PM »
Good question S.  They were on the floor and he told me anyone can buy.  Little strange, I'd call first.

could be for sale to anyone
over a month ago they had 9mm for sale to anyone
maybe this is a good sign of ammo being more plentiful, but still expensive
thanks for the info   :shaka:

changemyoil66

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 08:57:56 PM »
Did u mean SEC?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 07:59:58 AM »
If it is indeed SEC, I miss when I would go in the store and the floor had all these cases of Federal XM193 FMJ and the prices were pre-covid and pro Trump AND you get a FREE ammo can when you buy a case.

I miss that...... :(
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

luckydog1

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 03:52:39 PM »
Sorry for the late;  Yes SEC on Young.  Pre Covid days were nice when ammo was plenty and one could just saunter in and not stand in line. :(

HeliosRX8

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 02:20:29 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, just from there and I can confirm the .223/5.56 is available for walk in purchases.  Had quite a variety.  I’m not sure about other calibers  for walk in sales.

DocMercy

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2022, 11:26:08 AM »
This is something of a bummer. I'm a regular customer of SEC and on their lists for just about every caliber of ammo. I even purchased a .45 ACP Sig pistol from them over the holidays. No call for the 6.5 creedmoor or .22LR (CCI bricks).   :wtf:

FYI, www.firearmsinternational.biz had Norma 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr in early January. Who has 156 gr? Make sure you mate your ammo to the right rifle.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 11:39:25 AM by DocMercy »

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2022, 12:31:31 PM »
It sounds like sec has 223 for sale FCFS, not 6.5 or 22. OP didnt say if his friend got the 6.5 cause he was on the list or not.

If he was not on the list and has zero connections, which would mean a FCFS buy, then yes its messed up they didnt call u. Human error happens too.

drck1000

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2022, 12:35:56 PM »
It sounds like sec has 223 for sale FCFS, not 6.5 or 22. OP didnt say if his friend got the 6.5 cause he was on the list or not.

If he was not on the list and has zero connections, which would mean a FCFS buy, then yes its messed up they didnt call u. Human error happens too.

I’m on so many lists, sometimes I forget and get a call many months later. Even when they have stuff in stock, it can take them some time to work down the lists. I recall the lists for 5.56 took a while.

They also have a lot of long time loyal customers. I don’t think they cold call anyone when new stuff or stock comes in if you’re not on a list. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2022, 12:41:57 PM »
I’m on so many lists, sometimes I forget and get a call many months later. Even when they have stuff in stock, it can take them some time to work down the lists. I recall the lists for 5.56 took a while.

They also have a lot of long time loyal customers. I don’t think they cold call anyone when new stuff or stock comes in if you’re not on a list.
I had them remove me from the 223 list cause it was $800 a case. Too rich for me.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2022, 01:12:38 PM »
SEC never called me for the 9mm list.  The list must be a million miles long.  Or they don't care.  Or they forgot.  Or they called and I didn't answer.  (hard to leave voicemail?)

Or maybe the list is 2 million miles long.....
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2022, 01:41:43 PM »
SEC never called me for the 9mm list.  The list must be a million miles long.  Or they don't care.  Or they forgot.  Or they called and I didn't answer.  (hard to leave voicemail?)

I've told you a million times to stop exaggerating!   :rofl:

If they receive 400 cases of X caliber ammo, and the list has 600 names, 200 people waiting will be out of luck unless people ahead of them decide to back out of the purchase.

If you're on the list, and you find out they got a shipment in and didn't call you, there's nothing wrong with calling to check where you are in the list.  Simple, innocent question to find out when the next shipment is due and that you're still on the wait list.

Saves frustration of not knowing -- and removes the suspicion that they skipped the list to make more selling at a higher price than you were to pay.

Truth, when not sought after, rarely comes to light.  -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

I need some new conspiracy theories. All my old ones turned out to be true.

Hamburger Helper only works if the hamburger really wants to be helped.

Inspector

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2022, 02:02:20 PM »
I got on their list during the shortage between 2010 and 2014 for Varget. I got a call from them one day telling me they had not gotten in any Varget but they had IMR4895 and H335 and wanted to know if I wanted any of those. I consider that good CS. I went down and bought the IMR4895. I really appreciated the call.

I was also on their list for CCI .22 SV. I’m still waiting for a call.  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

dogman

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2022, 02:10:51 PM »
Or they called and I didn't answer.  (hard to leave voicemail?)

Most of my notifications from SEC is a voicemail since I'm working when they call.

aletheuo137

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2022, 02:22:17 PM »
"I’m on so many lists, sometimes I forget and get a call many months later. "

Hoarder!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 02:37:07 PM by aletheuo137 »

aaronc5362

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2022, 04:41:13 PM »
From my understanding, in which they told me, is that...

They have diff ammo for walk ins and different set of ammo for people on the list. By different, I mean, it could be the same type, for example, 147g lawman 9mm. If they bring in 1 case of a thousand rounds, half will be for walk ins and half for the people on the list.
Thats just an example.

Its giving a chance for new shooters to be able to purchase a gun and actually be able to get ammo. Id be pissed if I bought a 1k sig and after the purchase I hear " oops sorry , you gotta wait 10 months for ammo."

Then I'm gonna generously assume, if they only allow "walk in ammo sales " exclusively to people who purchase a new gun then that would be unfair. On the other hand it would be a great selling point. Lol.  :thumbsup:

I know they put walk in ammo sales for ammo that doesnt move quickly. Whether it be on the expensive side (pre covid 50 rounds gdhp 9mm was 25 bucks or so, now its close to 40 bucks) or just ammo no one is looking for.

I'm on the list as well. For several calibers. But I'm picky so I know I have to wait. For example, I was only looking for 223/556 62g or higher soft points. Took them bout 10 months but they called and I bought a few hundred.

I think they have great customer service. Once I saw this old guy with white hair, skinny, very pidgeon accent come in. Apparently, he never got the memo that rifle and pistol ammo has the same rules, once you make a purchase, you cant come back 2 weeks later asking for the rest of the max ammo amount thats allowed. He complained he purchased 9mm ammo (bought the whole 1000 rounds at once) and thought he could sparsely buy rifle rounds until he met the max amount.  Iirc, he bought 4 boxes of 77g otm black hills 2 weeks prior to that day, and while talking to rich, he sorta demanded for the remaining 6 boxes. I really wanted to punch him, dont fucking demand shit like that. Fuckin Karen. Or Ken. Whatever you wanna call those type of people Lol. The lady let it slide and allowed him to buy a couple more boxes and put him back on the list.

They always leave voicemails for me. Sorry they didn't in any of your guy's case.

I have no affiliation with them. Just my experience.

stangzilla

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2022, 05:31:49 PM »

give then a call bc I think they have 9mm for sale to walk ins. also 308
OGC has 9mm, i saw a few cases on the floor a couple days ago. also 223

stangzilla

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2022, 12:32:58 PM »
just left there.  available for walk in purchase are:  9mm, 223, 308, 45acp. could be more, but that's all I asked about