Post your Cancelled permit to aquire/registration appointments only thread (Read 115852 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Not sure what updates they could even do.  It's a button to either allow or deny ability to cancel appointments. You can even set a timeframe.

You had us at "Not sure."  The rest is noise.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

You had us at "Not sure."  The rest is noise.

Not really.   The not sure part was because there is nothing with 100% certainty. I logged into the same "program's" backend and checked the settings.

Flapp_Jackson

Not really.   The not sure part was because there is nothing with 100% certainty. I logged into the same "program's" backend and checked the settings.

You think that required a response?

Feel better now?

:wacko:   :popcorn:   :stopjack:
-- Melvin Udall

Byron808

Update.  So I called and asked in general.  Talked to the supervisor.  It was NOT a fluke.  This is the new system.  Due to people selling appointments, now people need to call in to cancel appointments.  So the days of getting appointments at random times and late nights is over.  Must look while someone is there and canceling it from HPD themselves. 

changemyoil66

Thanks for the update.

omnigun

Update.  So I called and asked in general.  Talked to the supervisor.  It was NOT a fluke.  This is the new system.  Due to people selling appointments, now people need to call in to cancel appointments.  So the days of getting appointments at random times and late nights is over.  Must look while someone is there and canceling it from HPD themselves.

Thanks for the update and confirming that.   I was highly doubtful it was an accident.  Or an update unless they updated the mouse to click a new setting  :rofl:

While I am glad this will stop the people selling I am upset that there is now a 90 day minimum wait time and I have to be psychic and see the future.  I have a feeling hpd is going to get tired of getting plenty calls and find a new way of doing this.  This will only make it worse as now I have to book an appointment every other week just so I know I have one incase I purchase something.  Then call every other week to cancel. Quite a stupid system.  Or worse they will have plenty no-shows.

Flapp_Jackson

Thanks for the update and confirming that.   I was highly doubtful it was an accident.  Or an update unless they updated the mouse to click a new setting  :rofl:

While I am glad this will stop the people selling I am upset that there is now a 90 day minimum wait time and I have to be psychic and see the future.  I have a feeling hpd is going to get tired of getting plenty calls and find a new way of doing this.  This will only make it worse as now I have to book an appointment every other week just so I know I have one incase I purchase something.  Then call every other week to cancel. Quite a stupid system.  Or worse they will have plenty no-shows.

Glad the threads you comment on are never just about you.
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

Glad the threads you comment on are never just about you.

Works better than talking in the 3rd person. 

Flapp_Jackson

Works better than talking in the 3rd person.

Neither "works".   :sleeping:
-- Melvin Udall

Oyabunsan

PTA appointment 4/23 at 1020. LMK if you want or maybe trade.  Looks like the only way to transfer is to meet up at hpd, and I don’t mind doing that. PM me.
 :shaka:

Oyabunsan

Registration appointment (1 firearm) 4/21 at 1225. Let me know if you need and or we can trade.  Can meet up at hpd to transfer appointment. PM me!

Byron808

PTA appointment 4/23 at 1020. LMK if you want or maybe trade.  Looks like the only way to transfer is to meet up at hpd, and I don’t mind doing that. PM me.

Sent a PM

Akubone1

Do you need to actually meet someone at HPD to trade or transfer appointments?  Still not able to cancel appointments.  Looks like need to wait 90 days for new appointments or registrations???

omnigun

Do you need to actually meet someone at HPD to trade or transfer appointments?  Still not able to cancel appointments.  Looks like need to wait 90 days for new appointments or registrations???

You can call HPD to cancel your appointment.  They randomly cancel during that day.

Byron808

You can try call them and transfer it but they’ll possibly accuse you of selling appointments like they did to me when I was just asking questions about the new system.  I have just went down to transfer since I helped friends out and it was faster to use my autofill info instead of putting theirs in when I was able to get it.

changemyoil66

I cancelled my appt to reg.  I had to call them and I asked when will this be made available?  He didn't know since they just started to do it.

But I did get a confirmation email to cancel, so maybe once that email is received, the spot opens?

Flapp_Jackson

I cancelled my appt to reg.  I had to call them and I asked when will this be made available?  He didn't know since they just started to do it.

But I did get a confirmation email to cancel, so maybe once that email is received, the spot opens?

If the appointment is canceled & creates the notification email, then it ought to be available to rebook, too. 
-- Melvin Udall

Eric808

Got my appointment reminder and the "Change/Cancel" button is there and it is also there on a future appointment.  It is when you click on the "Change/Cancel" button and the Departments web page opens, the "Cancel" option is not available. 

The "Change" button is available.  Can someone test if they select the "Change" button.  If done on off times and no appointment is currently available, will that cancel the appointment and make it available?

Guess they have alot of time to take cancellation phone calls and then taking the time to go into the system to do the actual cancellation. Glad that a confirmation email is sent, so you will not be on record for a no show.

Flapp_Jackson

Got my appointment reminder and the "Change/Cancel" button is there and it is also there on a future appointment.  It is when you click on the "Change/Cancel" button and the Departments web page opens, the "Cancel" option is not available. 

The "Change" button is available.  Can someone test if they select the "Change" button.  If done on off times and no appointment is currently available, will that cancel the appointment and make it available?

Guess they have alot of time to take cancellation phone calls and then taking the time to go into the system to do the actual cancellation. Glad that a confirmation email is sent, so you will not be on record for a no show.

If you select "Change", you have to select an available appointment.  If there are none other than your existing time shown, selecting that one doesn't do anything.  It just lies saying it was changed, but you get no new notifications for either the "cancel" nor "appointment changed'.

I predict the next HPD update will remove the ability for us to pick an appointment.  We'll have to go to HPD to sign up.   ???
-- Melvin Udall

jonjonguyen1993

I have a registration appointment on May 20th. Anyone willing to trade me for an earlier date closer to May 3?
Jonathan Nguyen