Armed Citizens are Polite Citizens (Read 4882 times)

cdanao

Armed Citizens are Polite Citizens
« on: May 31, 2012, 09:55:32 AM »
This is my first post.  I just returned from a firearms training trip in the Nevada desert.    Everyone carrying a sidearm and a few with slung shotguns or rifles.  Everyone had that same smile on their faces.  Saying "Good Morning" or Good Afternoon" was the norm, as well as "Sir" or "Ma'am."   My opinion is that we all have the same frame of mind, which is to learn how to shoot defensively from the professionals.  There were no color or financial barriers.  So I have been wondering why the anti-gunners claim that the armed citizen is a danger to society?  The only people that would be endangered would be the criminials in our society.  It was very interested to see people that can carry openly, such as in Nevada.  Just some food for thought.

Kingkeoni

Re: Armed Citizens are Polite Citizens
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 01:14:59 AM »
Did you go to frontsight?
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Colt808

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:50:55 AM »
This is my first post.  I just returned from a firearms training trip in the Nevada desert.    Everyone carrying a sidearm and a few with slung shotguns or rifles.  Everyone had that same smile on their faces.  Saying "Good Morning" or Good Afternoon" was the norm, as well as "Sir" or "Ma'am."   My opinion is that we all have the same frame of mind, which is to learn how to shoot defensively from the professionals.  There were no color or financial barriers.  So I have been wondering why the anti-gunners claim that the armed citizen is a danger to society?  The only people that would be endangered would be the criminials in our society.  It was very interested to see people that can carry openly, such as in Nevada.  Just some food for thought.

Simple...Ignorance.
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine

And I still see stupid people.

Pizzo

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 07:43:46 AM »
Yep, I'd have to agree with this post for sure!!

I just got back from 2 weeks back in my hometown of Kalispell,MT. and I experienced the same thing. Everyone was carrying and everyone was extremely friendly & courteuos!!  I excersised my right to "Open Carry" the whole time I was there and was only asked to remove my magazine twice, both times were very pleasant and I was never treated rudely or given dirty looks.

It was definitely a great experience!!  :thumbsup:

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 07:52:38 AM »
I have never witnessed a fight at the gun range.  everyone always says hi to each other nobody growls when youre checking out their guns as long as you dont touch without asking.

sounds like R E S P E C T??
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

BananaClip

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 11:53:18 AM »
" So I have been wondering why the anti-gunners claim that the armed citizen is a danger to society?'

ANTI-GUNNERS= 1) People or Person that has an entire countries Military, Police Force and Secret Service behind them...

2) People that want to win Votes for elections...

3) People that only care about society wnen it hits home...

4) Last but not least... People that believe EVERYTHING that the MEDIA dishes out...

PS: Not real definitions just the "NOT SO OBVIOUS definitions....

[attachment deleted by admin]
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

SpeedTek

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Car Nut, Machinist, Gunsmith & Monkey
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • X-Ring on the WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
There is one gun owner I know who is not polite. But I not mentioning names.  :shaka:
Political Correctness is FOS
I collect M1 Carbines, PM me if youre selling!
& Bolt Action 308s also 10/22 Rugers.
Buying STOCK Ruger 10/22 parts and bits, PM me.
Now doing Vintage VW Parts!

mauiblue

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »
I find that people that are afraid or paranoid about people who own firearms are those that hear the reports of school shootings, random gun violence, and the crap the movies show about guns and gun violence. They never hear the positive aspects of firearm ownership and positive people who own guns. If we could only get the gun friendly lawmakers elected.

BananaClip

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2012, 08:57:40 PM »
There is one gun owner I know who is not polite. But I not mentioning names.  :shaka:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth"- Genesis1:1 KJV

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

"Once Blind But Now i See"

cdanao

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
I did attend Front Sight.  It was the best money I ever spent on shooting.  I will be returning to Nevada in a few months.  Just to add, it was very interesting taking my firearms aboard Omni Air (Vacations Hawaii), they have never had travelers do that.  Most Las Vegas people are very old, I must have been one of the youngest travelers.  I was very suprised to find out that the Omni people had to request the paperwork from the office and did not know the proper protocol for TSA inspections.  A real eye-opener.  In any event, it all worked out and I was also able to return with 200 rounds of 230gr. FMJ 45ACP too.  Since I am a lifetime member, I can return anytime and take as many training classes as I want.  My wife likes that I am saving money..... When have you ever heard of a spouse saying that!  Hehe!

Kingkeoni

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 07:29:40 PM »
I too am a lifetime member of frontsight.

Any more members of frontsight?

Maybe we can send a Hawaii delegation to Nevada for a couple days of fun.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

TeamSDSHawaii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Support Safety!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Self Defense Solutions Hawaii
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 09:25:22 PM »

Agreed 110%

TeamSDSHawaii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Support Safety!
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
    • Self Defense Solutions Hawaii
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
I know some good PD that are "for" CCW...

Reasoning:

"I'd rather have some law abiding person with a legal gun who knows how to use it and could help me if i need it, then some jackass criminal with an illegal weapon who'd try and shoot my ass..."

230RN

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 11:42:07 AM »
All I know is that after I got my carry permit I got to be a lot better driver, willing to forgive and willing to admit my goofups to other drivers.

This, coming from one who learned to drive in New York City, where one of the qualifications to get your license is the loudness and creativity involved in hollering out the car window.

"Hey, that's a stop sign, not a die sign!"

"Hey, go back to kindergarten and learn what 'green' is!"

"Hey, old man, why don't you put a roller skate on that cane?"

"Hey, that's my parking space!  I spotted it from over on 23rd Street!"

Extra points for the speed with which you can roll down the window to let fly with your advice to other drivers.

Now I just wave apologetically if it's my fault, or let it go if it's theirs.

And a hearty welcome, cdanao!

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:47:20 AM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.