9mm PCC (Read 1106 times)

pukas84

9mm PCC
« on: February 14, 2024, 12:13:23 PM »
I am in the market in getting my wife a 9mm PCC.  She currently has a Smith & Wesson M&P 15.  I was thinking of a Scorpion 3+ or maybe a Smith & Wesson Response.  Has anyone shot these, what are your take on it.  Or what other PCCs would you recommend.  Thank you.

oldfart

Re: 9mm PCC
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2024, 12:29:14 PM »
somebody just posted a ruger this morning

I think my nephew on the north shore has one.
They (PCC) are fun and easy to shoot.
9mm ammo is relatively cheap too.
I shot a marlin before. It's ok but it has cheap plastic parts.
What, Me Worry?

HalfBreed2

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2024, 04:29:39 PM »
I agree with OF. Ruger pcc, takedown for easy cleaning.

stangzilla

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2024, 05:01:11 PM »
I have the Ruger in 9mm the AR looking one. they recently made one in 45acp
the 9mm has virtually no recoil. its kind of heavy though but not bad
its a nice PCC

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 05:06:37 PM »
I own and recommend AR9 with Colt pattern magazines. Simple, reliable, and easy to get magazines (hopefully will continue).

I’ve shot the CZ Scorpion, but not the latest versions. Nice guns, but pricey. Was pretty popular with competition shooters.

Overall, PCCs are super fun. Wish we could shoot them more in action bays or more practical methods/styles.

GlockNewb

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 11:28:42 PM »
I have an early generation CMMG ARC9 that takes standard PMags with Endomag inserts. Used it for at least a year for monthly trainings with zero malfunctions or issues. A little more weight/feel than the 15-22 and the manual of arms translates directly to the AR-15. Pricey, but worth it IMO.
"Fast is slow, slow is smooth, smooth is fast."

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2024, 05:53:19 AM »
I agree with OF. Ruger pcc, takedown for easy cleaning.
To clarify, I do not own a ruger pcc. I only shot a marlin. I did see a Henry pcc yesterday but did not shoot that either.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2024, 01:35:41 PM »
Buy what you want now because they're 1 step closer to banning this type of rifle.  Plus any magazine over 10rds will be illegal, which means gun stores cannot sell them.

pukas84

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2024, 03:14:39 PM »
Sort of swaying towards an AR9.  Parts are more widely available than if I went with a CZ Scorpion 3+.  Decisions Decisions Decisions.

HalfBreed2

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2024, 04:41:52 PM »
Maybe Look into the PSA ARV. AR platform but uses scorpion mags. Not too heavy, very reliable and priced decent. WGS used to stock em but I think they're starting their move to new location.

stangzilla

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2024, 08:44:58 AM »
Shot my friends PSA AR9 and was good. Lighter than my Ruger and its AR platform
But overall I dont shoot the PCC much. My AR has very little recoil too. It's not much more than the pcc
If you shoot the pcc a lot then you will save money on ammo
I think the AR is a more effective defensive firearm than a pcc
If you just want to get a pcc, that's fine too. That was my reasoning. I just wanted one  :shaka:

drck1000

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2024, 10:09:28 AM »
Sort of swaying towards an AR9.  Parts are more widely available than if I went with a CZ Scorpion 3+.  Decisions Decisions Decisions.
Get both!  8)

pukas84

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2024, 11:44:54 AM »
Get both!  8)

heh don't temp me, i might just do that

Tex

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2024, 12:30:58 AM »
I had a CMMG Radial Delayed Blowback 9mm and a Scorpion Evo pistol when I lived in Texas. I replaced the Scorpion with the CMMG.

Blowback AR-9 frequently require adjustments until they are 100%. They can generally be tuned and worked over to be nice. Scorpions have weird ergonomics, bad triggers, weird grips, and the recoil impulse is a bit harsh. They look cool though and are sometimes very cheap.

The Ruger and Henry PCCs are available in a California-legal version, so you could buy one after the ban, if it comes.

My vote is AR-9.

If there was a cool 16 inch MP5, I'd vote for that out of coolness. There's also the Kalashnikov USA KR-9, Beretta CX4 Storm, High Point Carbine, Kel-Tec Sub 2000, Kriss Vector, and a bunch of other random 9mm platforms.

pukas84

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2024, 08:28:59 AM »

Blowback AR-9 frequently require adjustments until they are 100%. They can generally be tuned and worked over to be nice. Scorpions have weird ergonomics, bad triggers, weird grips, and the recoil impulse is a bit harsh. They look cool though and are sometimes very cheap.

What type of adjustments are required?  I am thinking of going with the Smith & Wesson Response.  I liked the Scorpion because of the "cool" factor. 

Tex

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2024, 11:30:10 AM »
Mostly buffer weight and spring tuning. Sometimes modification of the feed geometry on the barrel or replacement of the bolt.

The Response is interesting. Cheap, polymer, takes M&P and Glock mags.