URGI thread (Read 409 times)

ren

URGI thread
« on: March 08, 2024, 07:33:06 AM »
pic thread for everything / anything URGI. the concept of having a handguard cover the FSB

Deeds Not Words

randay

Re: URGI thread
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2024, 08:45:29 AM »
they are all so short!

macsak

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2024, 08:52:49 AM »
nuance bro

pic thread for everything / anything URGI. the concept of having a handguard cover the FSB

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2024, 08:59:38 AM »
One of these days I have to get one of these scary guns.
Then I will know what all those acronyms mean.
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2024, 09:33:24 AM »
My favorite handguard has been the Troy VTAC Alpha Rail.

Free floated barrel, mid-length option (13") to cover past the FSB/gas block, single full length rail on top, rail pieces to attach other accessories as desired, light weight, comfortable round shape, and I like the 3-point connection compared to the 2 screws underneath the barrel nut.  Instead of crimping the handguard around the barrel nut, it has 3 screws and fasteners that hold it securely to the standard barrel nut.  I think it looks better without the screws and crimp area below the handguard, too.

My PSA build (sold to a lucky forum member):

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2024, 12:28:11 PM »
My favorite handguard has been the Troy VTAC Alpha Rail.

Free floated barrel, mid-length option (13") to cover past the FSB/gas block, single full length rail on top, rail pieces to attach other accessories as desired, light weight, comfortable round shape, and I like the 3-point connection compared to the 2 screws underneath the barrel nut.  Instead of crimping the handguard around the barrel nut, it has 3 screws and fasteners that hold it securely to the standard barrel nut.  I think it looks better without the screws and crimp area below the handguard, too.

My PSA build (sold to a lucky forum member):

impressive build. glad you figured out the "shoulder thingy that goes up" and the "exposed part of the barrel that gets hot"
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 06:21:05 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

ren

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 07:02:42 AM »
Deeds Not Words