Pistol RDS - Closed Emitter - Experiences & Recommendations (Read 12152 times)

drck1000

Re: Pistol RDS - Closed Emitter - Experiences & Recommendations
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2023, 12:47:28 PM »
Picked up a Steiner MPS for my Staccato P. Was looking for a Acro P2, but got tired of searching. Will Post more once I get everything and shoot the setup,
Nice!  I've read good reviews on that optic. 

I'll be shooting my Glock 17.5 with Acro P2 (as well as the setup with EPS) in a 3-day RDS pistol course this weekend.  Will share how it goes when I get back. 

drck1000

« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2023, 07:40:51 AM »
Shot my 17.5 with EPS in an RDS pistol course this past weekend.  Had meant to split time with that and the 17.5 with ACRO P2, but bailed on that plan (will get into that more when I have time for a more complete report).  Shot a total of 900ish rounds over 3.5 days with the 17.5 EPS and no issues with the optic, or the gun that wasn't induced.  Wasn't expecting any issues with the gun, but I didn't get as many rounds with that gun prior to the class than I had planned on. 

Overall, I was impressed with the EPS.  However, I am currently looking into other options.  Including optics that have yet to be released, as well as due to controls on the EPS that I noticed issues with during live fire manipulations.  I could adjust some things too eliminate what I noticed, but will have to consider that moving forward. 

The class has a variety of RDS sights being used.  Most prevalent were 509T and SRO, with a number of EPS and RMRs and one shooter with ACRO.  Didn't hear of any RDS failing.  One thing of note with Holosun models with side battery tray, the screw came loose on one gun and the guy lost the screw.  One shooter noticed his battery tray screw needed tigthtening (by 1 1/2 turn).  When I checked my EPS, I could tighten by 1/4 turn, but not sure if it came loose.  I checked on it here and there over days 2 and 3, but didn't notice it coming loose. 

There were a few shooters shooting Staccatos, I think mostly the P.  One was an ACRO and I think one had an SRO. 

changemyoil66

« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2023, 03:28:52 PM »
Would paint mark on the screw battery have helped? I have an all, but the battery screw.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2023, 03:47:31 PM »
Would paint mark on the screw battery have helped? I have an all, but the battery screw.

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2023, 04:15:49 PM »

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
The batteries don’t have screws…

Would it have helped? Helped notice it was moving. I think the screw wasn’t installed well. While I could tighten the one on my EPS about 1/4 turn, it didn’t work loose over over 500+ rounds. Will keep an eye on it. If I notice it moving, I may apply purple loctite.

drck1000

« Reply #145 on: September 06, 2023, 10:27:26 AM »
Anyone looking for ACRO P2, seeing them coming back in stock here and there. DM for info for a couple places I confirmed.

changemyoil66

« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2024, 02:23:23 PM »
I had to change the battery on my HOlosun 507K. Well I think I had to. There is no typical blinking dead battery picture.  But I did notice that when I would present the firearm, the dot on ocassion would do 1 flicker. I took this as a low battery indicator. Changing the battery for the first time took longer than it should as I didn't know how to pop the battery tray out. Turns out because it's a snug fit, you have to pry it out as there's pry dimples available to use.  Then when u put the batter in upside down, it's even more harder to push the tray back in.

Once I replaced it, the flicker stopped. Did my CCW qua with her.