Ruger PCC 9mm (Read 1533 times)

stangzilla

Ruger PCC 9mm
« on: April 07, 2023, 07:43:34 AM »
I picked up a Ruger PCC 9mm
going to add and change a few things on it.  plan to make it my HD carbine and possible bugout carbine
so far I added a LPVO, but soon I'll change it to a micro 1x prism scope calibrated for 9mm from Primary Arms.  seems perfect for this firearm
I changed the bolt lever to the left side and the mag release to the right side.  but after trying those at home, I found that for me is better with the bolt lever on the right and the mag release on the left, just more natural and comfortable for me.
I installed the Glock mag conversion, otherwise it comes with the Ruger magwell.
gun is pretty easy to work on

looks like this so far:

got an extended bolt lever:

Tandem Kross compensator

the optic is coming next week
also changing the stock.  takes commercial or milspec AR stocks and pistol grips, but I'll leave the pistol grip as is, its Mapul/Ruger and feels good
extendid mag release
light
foregrip
sling
and I have to shoot it soon!  :shaka:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 08:00:38 AM by stangzilla »

stangzilla

Re: Ruger PCC 9mm
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2023, 08:09:20 AM »
this is the optic I'm gettiing    Primary Arms SLx 1X MicroPrism Scope - Green Illuminated ACSS Gemini 9mm Reticle
https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-1x-microprism-with-green-illuminated-acss-gemini-9mm-reticle

« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 09:03:28 AM by stangzilla »

stangzilla

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 09:04:42 AM »
smaller optic and smaller stock should lighten it up some

stangzilla

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 01:21:15 PM »
got the extended mag release and light mount
using my Olight Warrior 3S that I already have, and a Olight mount .  I can remove the light and use it like a regular flashlight if needed
the extended mag release is way better than the factory one.  out of the box it is recessed in the receiver inside these 'protective' grooves.  the extended release protrudes out significantly and is wider.  it is like night and day, way better

just waiting for a few more parts to arrive.  should be this week

Heavies

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2023, 06:00:36 AM »
Looks great! Looking forward to the range results.

stangzilla

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2023, 07:12:51 AM »
Looks great! Looking forward to the range results.

the PA 1x micro prism scope should arrive very soon. I'm going to sight it in this week at indoor range   :geekdanc:

stangzilla

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2023, 09:01:32 PM »
Shot it today at X-ring. 100 rounds, zero hiccups. Ran like a champ  :thumbsup:
Recoil was very minimal. Back on target really quick
Optic is great for a 9mm PCC. Really small and light. Has different heights and cantilevers for mounting options. Prism scope reticle is really clear bc can focus to your eyesight
I really like it!  :shaka:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 09:53:01 PM by stangzilla »

stangzilla

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2023, 09:46:46 PM »
Installed Strike Industries foregrip and buttstock, and PA SLx 1x micro prism scope acss Gemini 9mm reticle. Awesome little optic  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stangzilla

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2023, 05:47:14 AM »
Sling