New Member? Introduce yourself here! (Read 640340 times)

oldfart

Re: New Member? Introduce yourself here!
« Reply #1760 on: December 18, 2023, 05:38:38 AM »
I just registered on this site. I was born and raised on Oahu and moved to Kona in 1981. I was shooting competitive 3 position rifle in the ILH and competed in the Kamehameha Invitational and Maui Invitational for many years. I used to go to Koko Head Range almost every Sunday in the early 1970s shooting .22 target rifles and a variety of handguns. My coach and I were intermittently called upon to run the rifle range which at that time was with a bullhorn.
On Hawaii Island, I was a "regular" at Shooters Choice (until it closed) and would help the Japanese tourists from time to time. I've been active with the Boy Scout Program for about 15-20 years and was an RSO (rifle, handgun, shotgun) for many years.
I am not a hunter. I prefer punching paper and clays.
============
welcome to the forum
What, Me Worry?

AKA

« Reply #1761 on: February 06, 2024, 06:12:38 PM »
Aloha my name is Andrew Amina I'm born and raised in hawaii on oahu im having a hard time finding a place where they give medical clearance for owning firearms. I already own a firearm and as of January 1,2024 with the new law they're flagging my new permit application for an incident that happened in 2012 now I need a medical clearance stating I'm mentally fit to own firearms. Any suggestions mahalo(thank you) in advance aloha

oldfart

« Reply #1762 on: February 06, 2024, 08:36:43 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I'm not a lawyer, so good luck with your problem.
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1763 on: February 07, 2024, 12:39:47 AM »
Aloha my name is Andrew Amina I'm born and raised in hawaii on oahu im having a hard time finding a place where they give medical clearance for owning firearms. I already own a firearm and as of January 1,2024 with the new law they're flagging my new permit application for an incident that happened in 2012 now I need a medical clearance stating I'm mentally fit to own firearms. Any suggestions mahalo(thank you) in advance aloha

Welcome to the forum.

There are a number of sub-forums and topics on this site better suited for your particular discussion.  I recommend posting your question in a new thread so others see it. The New Member area isn't really where you want to post those things  if you want others to see it and reply.

Since this is firearm related, the General Discussion sub-forum would be okay.  Give it an attention-getting title so others will be interested enough to read it.

There are members who've dealt with that clearance issue who can tell you what they did, but with the rules recently changing, you might be better off contacting HPD directly first.  Then you can post  what they tell you in order to get other opinions and also share what the new rules involve.

Good luck!
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

My3cutekids

« Reply #1764 on: March 01, 2024, 10:27:37 AM »
Hello everyone, its me Marlo from waipahu.. just asking for help finding a doctor can give out clearance letter for conceal carry.. thanks in advance

oldfart

« Reply #1765 on: March 11, 2024, 05:43:27 AM »
Hello everyone, its me Marlo from waipahu.. just asking for help finding a doctor can give out clearance letter for conceal carry.. thanks in advance
=========
Hello Mario in Waipahu
I am the oldfart in Waipahu. LOL
Welcome to the forum.
New members are encouraged to post a little introduction in this thread.
The person shooting rifle next to you might be a forum member.
Hawaii is a small place.
What, Me Worry?