Puuloa to host Kauai's Garden Isle Shooting Club Tactical Match (Read 11488 times)

Bushido

Re: Puuloa to host Kauai's Garden Isle Shooting Club Tactical Match
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 08:51:13 PM »
Great match I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Thank you to all who volunteered to make it happen.

Bushido

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
I was tempted to. I transitioned over to optics per new CMP rules.
There were  2 of us service rifle shooters. Both of us used 4x power optics. Almost everyone shooting around us had higher mag optics. We couldn't see the scoring rings at all. I just cut the silhouette in half and placed the dot COM. I think I came in last. But in relation to other shooters the 2 of us shot with no rest other than a sling and glove. I was going in confident that I could keep up with those shooting a rest and higher mag scopes but I'm still struggling a bit shooting with an optic. head position, taking too long to break the shot etc.

I am impressed at what you can do with a 4X, especially with that target. I could make out the scoring rings at 300y with a 24X. At 500 and 600 all I saw was black and too was aiming center of mass. Wind was brutal.

Heavies

« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2017, 01:57:57 AM »
Great match I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. Thank you to all who volunteered to make it happen.
I didn't know you where there...  What were you shooting?  Should have said hi. :shaka:

Bushido

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »
I didn't know you where there...  What were you shooting?  Should have said hi. :shaka:

Same here. I believe you may have been in a different relay. I was trying to spy all the bolt guns. Lol. I was shooting in relay 2 @ 38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heavies

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2017, 09:28:52 AM »
Same here. I believe you may have been in a different relay. I was trying to spy all the bolt guns. Lol. I was shooting in relay 2 @ 38

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ahh yeah. I was relay 3.  Sorry we didn't get to meet and talk!

sethaddison

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2017, 02:46:01 PM »
That was a nice event. Had some good fun with a huge turn out. Those silhouette targets are quite the challenge out at 600yrs!
I hope there are plans in the works for next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »

Guess I have to start giving out nametags.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

mamalukino

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 10:17:07 AM »
Unfortunately I didn't get many pictures from this weekend; If you would not mind sharing your photos for future participant recruiting, please send them to:
mamalukino@gmail.com
Here is a picture of the target party crew from Friday the 14th, TR-L to R= Jerry, Troy, Rick, David; BR L to R= Mike, Patrick, Vince
Life Member NRA