Renewing Permit to Aquire (Read 11466 times)

Ultra-m-a-n

Re: Renewing Permit to Aquire
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2021, 04:10:58 PM »
Imagine if we had to book non existent appointments to attempt to vote, state your opinion, ect. Then get denied because  you went to talk to someone after a tragic or traumatic event.

But yet, here we are having to accept it, because it's "common sense".

omnigun

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2021, 05:11:40 PM »
Appointments ain't that bad....you basically need them for many things you do in your life from drivers license to restaurants...They apparently have walk in now.  So its basically just like a restaurant.  You either book ahead or wait.  Vilifying appointments will just get us to the old shitty system of waiting in line for hours as your only option....

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2021, 05:22:51 PM »
Appointments ain't that bad....you basically need them for many things you do in your life from drivers license to restaurants...They apparently have walk in now.  So its basically just like a restaurant.  You either book ahead or wait.  Vilifying appointments will just get us to the old shitty system of waiting in line for hours as your only option....

Your opinion has been stated many times.  One more time, and maybe you''ll get that set of steak knives from Trolls'R'Us! 

The appointment system is being abused by SOME LGS, by individuals and anyone else making appointments with the intention of selling them or preventing actual buyers from getting an appointment.  Until that is fixed, HPD is complicit.  They are enabling this abuse by ignoring the problem and doing nothing about it.

Yeah, they say canceling multiple appointments under the same name and removing the online cancelation feature is an attempt to thwart these jerks, in reality, those steps do nothing.

Until they require definitive ID to create an account, and then associate bookings with that account, there's little hope of fixing a system that allows anonymous access.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rpoL98

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2021, 05:24:04 PM »

they don't have walk-in PTA, only walk-in registration..

this thread is about PTA, not registration.

I would rather stand in line for hours, knowing that I will be successful in the end that day, rather than not being able to get an appt at all and they're all booked for the next 90 days, or so they say.

omnigun

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2021, 07:47:50 PM »
they don't have walk-in PTA, only walk-in registration..

this thread is about PTA, not registration.

I would rather stand in line for hours, knowing that I will be successful in the end that day, rather than not being able to get an appt at all and they're all booked for the next 90 days, or so they say.

Several people have said for PTA they allow walk ins unofficially now. 

macsak

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2021, 07:51:39 PM »

once again, you forgot to add "in my opinion"...

omnigun

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2021, 07:56:08 PM »
once again, you forgot to add "in my opinion"...

Are you denying it's the opinion of many others and is made up largely of facts?   Or do you never use appointments?  Do your patients all walk in?

macsak

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2021, 08:11:32 PM »
Are you denying it's the opinion of many others and is made up largely of facts?   Or do you never use appointments?  Do your patients all walk in?

please show me where i denied it was the opinion of many others
please show me where i denied it was made up largely of facts
please show me where i said i never use appointments
please show me where i said my patients all walk in

ren

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2021, 08:21:13 PM »

Deeds Not Words

kptheplatypus

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2021, 08:28:05 PM »
same here, I've been trying randomly weekdays, weekends, daytime, midnight, 2am, 3am, even 4am.  nothing available, consistently "next 90-days are booked". nada.  zip.  zilch.

yes, confirmed bullshit appointment system.

From a desk officer at HPD over the phone from Firearms Division: "Appointments open up every 10 minutes from 8 am, so you need to get on and 1 minute before the appt is supposed to open up, you need to keep trying and clicking and eventually you'll get one." Appts can apparently only be booked during HPD business hours so good luck and hopefully that helps you secure one!
“Speak softly and carry a big stick, you will go far” ~ Theodore Roosevelt

~ An armed society is a polite society

omnigun

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2021, 06:30:36 AM »

The fact you blindly wrote "in my opinion" to my whole reply which was talking about appointments  😒

macsak

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2021, 06:36:39 AM »
The fact you blindly wrote "in my opinion" to my whole reply which was talking about appointments  😒

please show me how saying it was in your opinion means anything other than it was in your opinion...

QUIETShooter

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2021, 06:41:48 AM »
From a desk officer at HPD over the phone from Firearms Division: "Appointments open up every 10 minutes from 8 am, so you need to get on and 1 minute before the appt is supposed to open up, you need to keep trying and clicking and eventually you'll get one." Appts can apparently only be booked during HPD business hours so good luck and hopefully that helps you secure one!

Thanks for sharing this information that is straight from the horse's mouth.

HPD says glue yourself to the computer and every ten minutes keep clicking from 1 minute prior and eventually you will get an appointment.  Eventually..........

If ever there was a blatant violation of 2a rights this is it folks........  a law abiding citizen of the United States wanting to own a firearm is reduced to pounding away on a button in hopes of, through the almighty grace of HPD and our glorious leaders, he or she might be granted this privilege.

Insanity.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

powerlessbump

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »

Is there any truth to this? Would love to see these posts if they are here on the forums.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2021, 10:55:15 AM »

"Several people?"  Can you point to their posts?  If they didn't post, then who are they, and when did you talk to them?

Was this direct info or secondhand?  Were the "several people" HPD employees, or anyone else with direct knowledge of this "unofficial" policy?

You can't just throw out a rumor like that on this forum (of all places) and not offer some details as to it's reliability. 

People here are desperate for appointments, and here you are saying they can just walk in.  Where are your sources?
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2021, 10:57:06 AM »
"Several people?"  Can you point to their posts?  If they didn't post, then who are they, and when did you talk to them?

Was this direct info or secondhand?  Were the "several people" HPD employees, or anyone else with direct knowledge of this "unofficial" policy?

You can't just throw out a rumor like that on this forum (of all places) and not offer some details as to it's reliability. 

People here are desperate for appointments, and here you are saying they can just walk in.  Where are your sources?

Look at the other threads.  You have a search button.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2021, 11:01:57 AM »
Look at the other threads.  You have a search button.

You made the claim, and now you've been asked where you obtained this "fact."

Answer the question.  Not my job to research your statements.  You make the claim, you provide the evidence.

I'm of the opinion you pulled this tidbit out of your ass, and there are no posts to search.  Not wasting my time.

Either you can answer it, or you can't.  I'm betting you can't.
-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2021, 11:15:57 AM »
Can we get back to topic of PTA. Actually one of interest to me and others.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2021, 11:18:14 AM »
Can we get back to topic of PTA. Actually one of interest to me and others.

I thought I was discussing PTA, and whether or not the rumor of "unofficial walk-ins" was viable.

It's kind of important if walk-ins for permit applications are allowed now or not.
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2021, 01:00:28 PM »
You made the claim, and now you've been asked where you obtained this "fact."

Answer the question.  Not my job to research your statements.  You make the claim, you provide the evidence.

I'm of the opinion you pulled this tidbit out of your ass, and there are no posts to search.  Not wasting my time.

Either you can answer it, or you can't.  I'm betting you can't.

I found this one, but I can't find the other one.  Search function sucks on this forum.

It was mentioned in the "How's the line at HPD" thread that there is also "stand by". No appointment, just wait and if no one is at the window, it's your turn. I was there this past Friday, late morning with an online registration appointment I got months earlier. There's no covid screening, went in, got check off the list and went to the window to register. While I was waiting for the registration to be typed, the officer manning the front door confirmed that if you just wanted to wait, you could "stand by" with no appointment. It was empty at the time and he said if someone came right now, without an appointment, they could go straight in since the window was open.