I don't know anyone who is racist
25%
Total Members Voted

Voting closed: June 09, 2021, 10:13:55 AM

Count the racist's (Read 7063 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Count the racist's
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 01:28:35 PM »
Yes, if you look at the amount of time the parties existed...

You said the parties have "changed".  So, can you offer a timeline of those significant changes?

Wouldn't "newish" only apply to the party as it now exists, and not over its entire existence?

Why do you keep moving the goal posts, just to make yourself "not wrong?"  (<==rhetorical -- no answer required)
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

macsak

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 01:36:10 PM »
Yes, if you look at the amount of time the parties existed...

goalposts--------->moved

aletheuo137

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2021, 05:11:52 PM »

goalposts--------->moved
I think he already trashed the goal post!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

omnigun

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2021, 05:50:39 PM »
Newish implies the lifetime of something.... if you live for 100 years vs 500 newish implies two different time periods....

hvybarrels

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2021, 06:30:00 PM »
I miss MadTV

This one is more relevant than ever.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

6716J

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2021, 02:26:15 PM »
I didn't see an option to check more than one circle (because checkboxes are racist)
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

6716J

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2021, 02:29:10 PM »
I'm only a racist because of my patriarchy and white privilege. Otherwise I would be just a bigot.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2021, 02:44:12 PM »
Newish implies the lifetime of something.... if you live for 100 years vs 500 newish implies two different time periods....

LOL!  Because "you say so?"

newish     adjective
   1. rather new.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/newish

And, since I'm certain you don't know the definition....
rather     adverb
  1. in a measure; to a certain extent; somewhat:
      rather good.
  2. in some degree:
     I rather thought you would regret it.
  3. more properly or justly; with better reason:
     The contrary is rather to be supposed.
  4. sooner; more readily or willingly:
     to die rather than yield.
  5. more properly or correctly speaking; more truly:
     He is a painter or, rather, a watercolorist.
  6. on the contrary:
     It's not generosity, rather self-interest.
  7. rather than, instead of:
     Tutoring is provided by older students rather than teachers.
     Rather than complain, you should try to make changes.

-- Melvin Udall

Glasser

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2021, 02:55:04 PM »
If Omnigun had better writers he could be a washed up comedian

https://www.cc.com/video/63ite2/the-colbert-report-the-word-truthiness

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2021, 03:01:07 PM »
If Omnigun had better writers he could be a washed up comedian

https://www.cc.com/video/63ite2/the-colbert-report-the-word-truthiness

Sorry.  I choose to never give one second of my life to the person in that video.  Waste of space, even in the digital space.

:geekdanc: :shaka:
-- Melvin Udall

Glasser

« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2021, 03:26:00 PM »
Sorry.  I choose to never give one second of my life to the person in that video.  Waste of space, even in the digital space.

:geekdanc: :shaka:

It's an old bit he did. VERY applicable to any conversation where Dumb Kid pipes in. He'd watch it and thinks it's the news.

Heavies

« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2021, 04:58:11 PM »
I know a lot of racist people, funny thing is they are all lefties.

hvybarrels

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2021, 06:02:06 PM »
It's an old bit he did. VERY applicable to any conversation where Dumb Kid pipes in. He'd watch it and thinks it's the news.

He used to be funny, I mean not super funny but at least it was entertaining. Watching clips of him lately is about as fun as drinking dirty mop water.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Glasser

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2021, 07:36:50 AM »
I know a lot of racist people, funny thing is they are all lefties.

this sure as hell sounds Racist to me.

JUST IN - Biden to boost vaccinations at "hubs of activity and information for black and brown communities," citing local beauty shops, barbershop & stylists.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1400160502504951810

Only way it could be more blatant is if he said they were gonna vaccinate black folks in Popeye's parking lots.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2021, 08:16:46 AM »
I would say we all are racists.  Whether we know it or not.  Whether we want to or not.

Racism has been taken totally out of context recently.  Mostly for political aspirations.  It has been dumbed down to the point where everything we say, do, or believe is somehow racist.

And those who have suffered the most from racism are predominantly responsible for this, throwing out common sense and rationality out the window, replacing it with greed, hate, and anger.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Rocky

« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2021, 09:38:18 AM »
A lot depends on what definition is being used and the context that statement was being made.
For me, racism is a system that allows any racial group that’s already in power to retain power; hence, a racist person is someone, who advocates and actively participates, in the creation and maintenance, of that hierarchy.

Based on your definition, POC would be the racist as they are the "racial group that’s already in power " is POC  "who advocates and actively participates, in the creation and maintenance, of that hierarchy."

“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2021, 09:39:30 AM »
Archie Bunker on gun control

Also liked his "opinion" on airline hijackings that were happening at that time.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Rocky

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2021, 09:42:39 AM »
Archie Bunker on gun control

Also liked his "opinion" on airline hijackings that were happening at that time.
To paraphrase...
"Just give everyone a gun when they get on the plane.
Who's gonna let someone hijack the plane and stop them from getting to their destination?"
Brilliant.  :geekdanc:

Franklin D. Roosevelt

Kuleana

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2021, 09:43:31 AM »
I would say we all are racists.  Whether we know it or not.  Whether we want to or not.
Fair statement, but it depends on what definition of racism is being used.  I would 100% agree that human beings are inherently prejudiced and often consciously or subconsciously exhibit bigoted behaviors.

Racism has been taken totally out of context recently.  Mostly for political aspirations.  It has been dumbed down to the point where everything we say, do, or believe is somehow racist.
Totally agree.  It is not that the politicians created racism and/or hate.  It was more they took what was already present, fanned things up, in order to achieve their agendas.

And those who have suffered the most from racism are predominantly responsible for this, throwing out common sense and rationality out the window, replacing it with greed, hate, and anger.
I have to disagree with this.

No common person wakes-up, in the morning, to purposely hate any particular group or race, without reason.  As stated above, politicians are notoriously guilty, of exacerbating racism and hate, but they are not the reason racism and hate exists.  There must have been some cause and effect at-play, which have given rise to the racism and hate exhibited.  Fabricated prejudice and bigotry do not last that long, as rational people really do not have time or energy in hating something that is based on nonsense.  There must be an underlying reason that will convince a person, ethnicity, or race to hate another group that is different from themselves.

Consequently, one of the most important lessons in history comes to mind: no justice, no peace.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 09:52:46 AM by Kuleana »

Rocky

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2021, 09:48:31 AM »
That was already attempted when the Gun Control Act of 1968 was passed in part to ban Saturday Night Specials. 
The rationale was that poor people were able to use guns because they could afford the SNS. 
Totally racist law.
Try looking up the FULL name of the "(N)SNS"
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt