Tactical Pen - Do You Carry One? (Read 10305 times)

drck1000

Re: Tactical Pen - Do You Carry One?
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2018, 08:44:21 AM »
Got one of these. Much easier to carry, even in business attire. Have had it on me the last few days, both at work and casual. How the pen writes is decent too.

BCBH Waterproof Multi-Function Tactical, Ergonomic Self Defense Pen

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3VPHGG/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_JeM0AbGW9VZ0K

whoa..that's even better! <puts the other one back>

Had this one over the weekend trip to Hilo.  No problems getting through TSA, not that I expected any.  Just put in my carry on through security and back in my pocket.  It's metal, so I'm sure it would set off the detector.  Even used the pen to sign my firearms declaration forms.  Got a compliment from the Hilo Hawaiian agent.   :thumbsup:

changemyoil66

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »
Had this one over the weekend trip to Hilo.  No problems getting through TSA, not that I expected any.  Just put in my carry on through security and back in my pocket.  It's metal, so I'm sure it would set off the detector.  Even used the pen to sign my firearms declaration forms.  Got a compliment from the Hilo Hawaiian agent.   :thumbsup:

The agent is in the know.

drck1000

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 10:02:07 AM »
The agent is in the know.
She was pretty cute. . .  :love:  ;D

macsak

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2018, 10:09:55 AM »

maybe it wasn't only the pen she was interested in...

drck1000

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 10:12:23 AM »
maybe it wasn't only the pen she was interested in...
:geekdanc:

Rocky

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 11:43:22 AM »
Affirmative.
And both had a great sense of humor.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

macsak

drck1000

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2018, 12:24:31 PM »
:worship:
Maybe she was expecting a tip. . .

Wait, or was that the server at the restaurant I went to on the way to the airport. . .  :P  :crazy:

She was just being nice. 

RSN172

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »
I have been carrying a tactical pen every time I leave the house for the past several months, in addition to a fixed blade knife and a Leatherman.  The Leatherman is attached to my cell phone case.  I normally carry the pen in my right front pants pocket.  I have walked through airport security a couple of times with it on me and it didn’t set off any alarms.  I usually put it in my carry on.  The one I have writes real nice and is about the size of a regular pen.  It is only a pen with a glass breaker, no flashlight, bottle opener, etc.  it is made of heavy duty aluminum.

I have two freebie pens alongside for comparison.

Drakiir84

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2018, 07:56:32 AM »
I've had this for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

drck1000

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2018, 08:14:54 AM »
I stayed away from those pens with the cone shape on the back.  When toying around with the pens, I noticed that if I needed to apply enough force to break glass, that I put my thumb on the end of the pen for leverage and to ensure the pen didn't slip in my hand.  Same for if I envisioned using the pen in a defensive situation. 

Drakiir84

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2018, 08:21:22 AM »
The cap screws on to both sides.
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

Drakiir84

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2018, 08:24:03 AM »
I can't remember what I bought but it came free along with a S&W knife.
-Jeff Cooper

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2018, 12:19:48 PM »
I can't remember what I bought but it came free along with a S&W knife.

I have the thinner version of the S&W.  Works great just as an ink pen.  Indestructable.  Ran over one with the mower.  Gouged the exterior, but didn't cut through it.

Part of my EDC.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007DCGT12/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall