SCOTUS JUSTICE KENNEDY RETIRES 07/31/2018 (Read 9857 times)

eyeeatingfish

Re: SCOTUS JUSTICE KENNEDY RETIRES 07/31/2018
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2018, 01:56:25 PM »
What is your definition of "location data?"

It's not my definition, the case was about location data derived from cell phone tower locations. Not GPS but it would still tell a general location of your cell phone 24/7 unless it was turned off.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
How about a prudent reason to give the incoming president the opportunity to shape the country as they see fit?  And keep in mind, HRC was thought to be leading comfortably at that time.  So why rush and try to push something through? 

The conservative judges should be thankful that HRC didn't win.  Saving money on additional life insurance premiums.

There was no need to rush. stalling was exactly type of political bureaucracy we always complain about.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2018, 04:53:21 PM »
It's not my definition, the case was about location data derived from cell phone tower locations. Not GPS but it would still tell a general location of your cell phone 24/7 unless it was turned off.

You obviously read my post on the other thread before posing this.

:rofl:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2018, 06:06:59 PM »
You obviously read my post on the other thread before posing this.

:rofl:

Nope, saw it after I posted this.

ren

« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2018, 07:13:10 PM »
I like my privacy. Can I keep my privacy?
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2018, 07:22:00 PM »
I like my privacy. Can I keep my privacy?

Good luck with that!  With social media, cell phones and video cameras everywhere you go, keeping your business private is like planning to put your kids through college betting on hard 12.
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2018, 11:10:24 AM »
Looks like my choice of Thomas Hardiman might have a chance after all.  Mitch McConnell sent a memo to Trump to narrow his choice to either Hardiman or Kethledge if he wants a speedy Senate confirmation.   Kavanaugh has over a million pages on him to review and Barrett is anti Roe v Wade which two Republican Senators said they will not vote for her.  They cannot afford to lose a single vote in order to get confirmation.  Hardiman is extremely pro 2A and strongly believes in the right to carry.  Kethledge is also pro 2A, but not as much as Hardiman.  Kethledge is however an avid hunter.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2018, 04:25:41 PM »
It's hilarious how people change their opinions. 

Well, really more like rationalizations than opinions.  Whatever it takes to help them sleep at night.

-- Melvin Udall