"PLAN-B" (Read 7602 times)

clshade

Re: "PLAN-B"
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »
Oh, on the homemade can flamers...

If you use the little straws and light the end, you have a self lighting flame thrower for a couple minutes. Risky, though.

WD-40 is what we used when I was a kid. I believe my dad took out a wasp nest that way once. Using the straw, though I don't think he lit the straw.

Its more like the flames on the fire knives, though: a good amount of local heat but it doesn't really stick to anything. Its not a flame thrower with thick fuel that... well, yeah.

It'll startle the hell out of someone, though. Never thought of using one defensively.

I do recall that short bursts are important and you have to full press and full release the spray head: nothing inbetween or you risk the flame traveling back up the slowing stream and into your can. Theoretically. Never had that happen and never knew anyone who did. Either way, you want something that comes out of the can faster than it burns - that is what keeps the flames away from the can.

TeamMidori

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 06:29:28 AM »
What about empty paintball shells filled with something(pepper powder, itching powder, dog shit, my shit...etc)

Kingkeoni

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 10:35:11 PM »
What about empty paintball shells filled with something(pepper powder, itching powder, dog shit, my shit...etc)

Hahahaha.  :rofl:
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.