Rhoads and Lee in charge of key committees for gun control (Read 6334 times)

zippz

Rhoads and Lee in charge of key committees for gun control
« on: October 11, 2018, 01:11:53 AM »
Bad news, looks like we'll have an even harder time next legislative session with Karl Rhoads and Lee in charge of the committees.  Expect to see more bills for gun control.  This is the reason we have to start preparing now and sign up for HIFICO!  Call your reps and start talking to them now so we can counter the gun control influence early.

Gun control advocates to lead key committees

"State Sen. Karl Rhoads is expected to take over as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and state Rep. Chris Lee is expected to become head of the House Judiciary Committee in a leadership shuffle at the Legislature that could shape the debate on gun control in Hawaii in the years ahead."

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/10/11/hawaii-news/gun-control-advocates-to-lead-key-committees/?HSA=a3c2dcca1dde62231cede16c1dfef06eccee78f0
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:52:26 AM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

2ahavvaii

Re: Rhoads and Lee in charge of key committees for gun control
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 04:02:22 AM »
yeah that's some bullshit.   

They're going to try to cram all sorts of anti-gun laws in

Rhoads is my district too, I always vote against him, but the sheep always vote for him.

macsak

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 05:40:40 AM »
aw f@ck

Bad news, looks like we'll have an even harder time next legislative session with Karl Rhoads and Lee in charge of the committees.  Expect to see more bills for gun control.  This is the reason we have to start preparing now and sign up for HIFICO!  Call your reps and start talking to them now so we can counter the gun control influence early.

Gun control advocates to lead key committees

"State Sen. Karl Rhoads is expected to take over as chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and state Rep. Chris Lee is expected to become head of the House Judiciary Committee in a leadership shuffle at the Legislature that could shape the debate on gun control in Hawaii in the years ahead."

http://www.staradvertiser.com/2018/10/11/hawaii-news/gun-control-advocates-to-lead-key-committees/?HSA=a3c2dcca1dde62231cede16c1dfef06eccee78f0

punaperson

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 06:08:29 AM »
So last year those committee chairs wouldn't hear any of the pro-rights bills senator Gabbard introduced for me, including even the repeal of the stun gun ban which the Supreme Court of the United States had already issued a UNANIMOUS per curiam decision that such a ban is clearly unconstitutional. And now it's going to be even "worse"? That's a little hard to imagine. What are they going to do... never mind... don't want to give them any ideas. They have both already demonstrated in public statements that they are on the ignoramus level in terms of knowledge of firearms AND the real data about the consequences of firearm ownership by civilians (one hint: NO, no place that ever went to "shall issue" ever turned into "The Wild West", you lying fucking tyrants). Anybody in any mood to "compromise" with these asshats?

Eric808

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 06:11:00 AM »
Kelly Clarkson

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:15:19 AM »
So last year those committee chairs wouldn't hear any of the pro-rights bills senator Gabbard introduced for me, including even the repeal of the stun gun ban which the Supreme Court of the United States had already issued a UNANIMOUS per curiam decision that such a ban is clearly unconstitutional. And now it's going to be even "worse"? That's a little hard to imagine. What are they going to do... never mind... don't want to give them any ideas. They have both already demonstrated in public statements that they are on the ignoramus level in terms of knowledge of firearms AND the real data about the consequences of firearm ownership by civilians (one hint: NO, no place that ever went to "shall issue" ever turned into "The Wild West", you lying fucking tyrants). Anybody in any mood to "compromise" with these asshats?

Pull a NY and only allow 7rds in 10rd mags. 

punaperson

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 09:43:03 AM »
Pull a NY and only allow 7rds in 10rd mags.
Why not go full Bloomberg and opt for a max of 3?

How about a ban on semi-autos?

Why not cut to the bottom line: "No one needs a gun." I'd faint if one of them was actually honest enough to publicly state their true agenda.

Not really knowing Rhoads or Lee at all, I don't know if they are really "true believers" or just "useful idiots". Either way, their ends are the same, and as we've seen recently, the "progressives" believe that the end justifies any means necessary. They are our mortal enemies, and deserve no quarter.

RSN172

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 04:30:23 PM »
I just spent 2 days in Arizona, a constitutional carry state.  I saw no one pulling a gun on anyone.  What I did notice was everyone was extremely polite and friendly.  I guess the saying that an armed society is a polite society is really true.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 06:07:50 PM »
Bad news, looks like we'll have an even harder time next legislative session with Karl Rhoads and Lee in charge of the committees.  Expect to see more bills for gun control.  This is the reason we have to start preparing now and sign up for HIFICO! Call your reps and start talking to them now so we can counter the gun control influence early.

Sorry but that’s not a political reality.  No D rep is going to risk their position to challenge the head of a powerful committee.  I think we should be more focused on turning sheep into guard dogs. I thought your efforts on the UH campus would me more effective at shaping minds and influencing people’s beliefs at the polls where it really counts.  Sure I know only about 30-40% of the 50th State’s registered voters turn out, but that’s even better for us since that’s fewer people we have to convince.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

zippz

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 06:34:29 PM »
To win, we have to win at all levels and do it perfectly here.  Thats the reality.  Winning in elections, with current legislators, judicially, and in the community.

Have to change the mindset here from just doing the bare minimum to doing the maximum.  I know its difficult in Hawaii, but do the maximum you can with the time you have.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 07:29:07 PM »
After doing things for a couple of years and seeing how things fail, I've come to the conclusion that attitude, or lack of it, is the fundamental problem we have.  Everything fails because of a bad foundation.  When you build on top of a bad foundation you can only do so much before things start collapsing.  What we call successes are actually limitations in our foundation.  A 300 person rally should be a 3,000 person rally.  500 testimonies should be 5,000.  We need to fix the foundation in the gun community first.  Change the complaining into working solutions.  Change the expectation that someone else will do it to I'll do it.  Change from doing the minimum to doing the maximum.  Hawaii Firearms Coalition is about creating that solid foundation and building on top of it with education, training, and opportunities to promote grassroots activism.

I noticed that HRA and LIFE are pretty good at forming that foundation in their clubs.

rpoL98

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 10:06:54 PM »
BOHICA.

There is no winning here.  with Hawaii's one-party system, no viable opposition candidates, Hawaii's legislators can do whatever they want, regardless of how much opposing testimony, with no accountability.  We all saw the shenanigans that went on this past year, it was hopeless.  Even more so when 2A folks decided to help out the anti's and throw their shooting buddies under the bus to save their own stuff (every man for himself?).  With Rhoads in charge, it's gonna be even worse.

Looking at how it went last time, I guess the only question is, who gets thrown under the bus this next go round.

don't kid yourselves.

punaperson

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2018, 06:31:28 AM »
BOHICA.

There is no winning here.  with Hawaii's one-party system, no viable opposition candidates, Hawaii's legislators can do whatever they want, regardless of how much opposing testimony, with no accountability.  We all saw the shenanigans that went on this past year, it was hopeless.  Even more so when 2A folks decided to help out the anti's and throw their shooting buddies under the bus to save their own stuff (every man for himself?).  With Rhoads in charge, it's gonna be even worse.

Looking at how it went last time, I guess the only question is, who gets thrown under the bus this next go round.

don't kid yourselves.
What suggestion, if any, would you have for anyone wishing to take action in an effort to restore our rights? Besides moving to another state I mean. Or is that the only option?

zippz

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 07:32:39 AM »

There is no winning here.  .

Good thing the colonists and founding fathers didnt think this way or else the US wouldve never gained independence.  Even the threat of dying didnt deter them.  Thats how good we have it now and people take it forgranted.  Cant get people to give up one hour of their time nowadays.

"Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence in the weeks and months after July 4, 1776, 9 did not live to see the success of the American Revolution. Many others suffered financial losses and - in some cases - total ruin. The men listed above were not the only ones to pay a stiff price for their courage. John Adams' Boston home was looted, as was Franklin's in Philadelphia, while Thomas Jefferson barely escaped with his life in 1779 when the British Navy raided Virginia. Josiah Bartlett's house was sacked by Loyalists in 1774, even before the "Shot Heard 'Round The World"!"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:27:01 AM by zippz »

punaperson

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2018, 08:34:30 AM »
Good thing the colonists and founding fathers didnt think this way or else the US wouldve never gained independence.  Even the threat of dying didnt deter them.  Thats how good we have it now and people take it forgranted.  Cant get people to give up one hour of their time nowadays.

"Of the 56 men who signed the Declaration of Independence in the weeks and months after July 4, 1776, 9 did not live to see the success of the American Revolution. Many others suffered financial losses and - in some cases - total ruin. The men listed above were not the only ones to pay a stiff price for their courage. John Adams' Boston home was looted, as was Franklin's in Philadelphia, while Thomas Jefferson barely escaped with his life in 1779 when the British Navy raided Virginia. Josiah Bartlett's house was sacked by Loyalists in 1774, even before the "Shot Heard 'Round The World"!"
People seem to have a nearly infinite capacity to accept "Intolerable Acts" (See: Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc., all of whom started off "small"... e.g. civilian disarmament was necessary for "public safety", etc.). The people of Hawaii are certainly no exception. And, you know, it can't happen here.

rpoL98

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 09:52:06 AM »
What suggestion, if any, would you have for anyone wishing to take action in an effort to restore our rights? Besides moving to another state I mean. Or is that the only option?
despite the despair, get out the vote, I think Andria Tupola is our only hope and it's a snowball's chance in hell, actually, a snowball in hell has better chances.  and submit testimony up the ying-yang even though it's ignored.  at least they know we're still here, not that they care.  They're only accountable to Bloomberg.

or move to a Free State.  honestly, we are indeed "behind enemy lines" and we are being crushed.

2A in Hawaii is in the appeasement mode, they got us in retreat.  we make sacrifices to the Anti's.  which of our peers gets thrown into the volcano this year?  from what i've seen Rhoads is rabid anti-2A.

threaded barrels?
bayo lugs?
stippling?
evil flash hiders?
HBAR only?
laser sights? very popular in movies.
FUGLY cali-style AR pistol grips

if there was a way to ban holding the gun sideways, gang banger style, that'd be a good one to ban.

rpoL98

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »
Good thing the colonists and founding fathers didn't think this way or else the US would've never gained independence.  Even the threat of dying didn't deter them.  That's how good we have it now and people take it for granted.  Cant get people to give up one hour of their time nowadays.
armed revolution?  armed revolt by the citizenry?  seriously?  that's only gonna happen if HPD starts rounding up citizens and shooting them in the town square.  like in modern day Africa.  yeah, then maybe, but until then, barcalounger and TV remote.  we already have chronic corruption in local govt: police chief, prosecutors office, funding irregularies for campaign finances, nobody bats an eye here.  wink, blink & nod.  Truly sheeple.

I think if King George (or whoever it was back in 1776) had studied the method of Death by a Thousand Cuts, we'd still be Colonialists.  but he was stupid.  not so, the opposition of today.  their strategy session is like "what can we get away with this year".

zippz

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2018, 11:31:11 AM »
I'm just asking everyone for an hour of their time to vote, talk to their reps, submit testimony, and other things I suggested that arent hard to do.

I dont think its unreasonable to ask people for an hour of their time to protect the rights others died fighting for.

Nothing changes overnight but we have to start somewhere.  It may take 5, 10, 15 years.  Its starts with this small stuff and someday some of us will be the politicians in office

Turbo-Mag

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 01:47:40 AM »
I'm just asking everyone for an hour of their time to vote, talk to their reps, submit testimony, and other things I suggested that arent hard to do.

I dont think its unreasonable to ask people for an hour of their time to protect the rights others died fighting for.

Nothing changes overnight but we have to start somewhere.  It may take 5, 10, 15 years.  Its starts with this small stuff and someday some of us will be the politicians in office

How about we get a pro 2A petition and walk their districts for signatures?

zippz

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 06:32:17 AM »
How about we get a pro 2A petition and walk their districts for signatures?

Never thought about it.  Sounds like something to test out.  Some politicians got wind of our petition and they're proud that the gun community is standing up and finally taking their advice.