Linked Events

• HDF Suit: State Response Due: September 21, 2011
  • HDF Suit: Hearing on Plaintiff's MOTION for Prelim Inj: March 21, 2012
  • HDF Suit: Oral Arguments: December 06, 2012

HONOLULU POLICE CHIEF AND STATE OF HAWAII SUED FOR SECOND AMENDMENT VIOLATIONS (Read 276957 times)

230RN

^ Rats.
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

Dregs

No criminal penalties, but there are civil ones.  Now, if the violation is like abuse or brutality then yeah.  But, for just the purposes of denying a right, you can seek vindication via $$$.

As someone not directly footing the bill, I'd rather see vindication with

For ANYONE that thinks taking away law-abiding people's rights is not only their duty, but their right.

Just a litto ol fantasy of mine  :thumbsup:

Heavies

I see that Funtimes has made the front page of section B in today's Staradvertiser.  :worship:  Cool.

Suprizingly, there was just facts reported in the short artical, and no anti-gun propaganda.  Very nice!

http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremium/20110831_Suit_targets_police_chief_for_denying_gun_permit.html

Cougar8045

It was pretty good.  I like it that HPD continues to refuse to make any comment on this; I guess they're thinking if they just ignore it, it will go away.  Fat chance!   :popcorn: :popcorn: The less they say, the more we can help change public opinion, since there's nobody arguing the opposition's point of view.
I'm just a fluffy white bunny rabbit who lost his way. 

"If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. ..."  -Exodus 22:2

vooduchikn

It was pretty good.  I like it that HPD continues to refuse to make any comment on this; I guess they're thinking if they just ignore it, it will go away.  Fat chance!   :popcorn: :popcorn: The less they say, the more we can help change public opinion, since there's nobody arguing the opposition's point of view.

They have probably been advised by counsel to not comment.

Can someone with a login PM me the entire article. It wants me to login...not paying for another access that I will rarely use.  Thanks.
Relax, I've banned myself..

Funtimes

The comments on there are worth 1 dollar to read. I'd say just do it and have some fun for 24 hours :P

Apparently, I am some raging lunatic, who knows nothing about laws, and will just shoot everyone that moves.  ::)

Heavies

AM 830 Radio. Mike Buck show.

Covering the case right now, amongst the other stories of today.
Not sure if he is pro or not. ???
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:04:18 PM by Heavies »

Colt808

I see that Funtimes has made the front page of section B in today's Staradvertiser.  :worship:  Cool.

Suprizingly, there was just facts reported in the short artical, and no anti-gun propaganda.  Very nice!

http://www.staradvertiser.com/newspremium/20110831_Suit_targets_police_chief_for_denying_gun_permit.html

I think what IS surprising would be how it took so long to report.

The comments on there are worth 1 dollar to read. I'd say just do it and have some fun for 24 hours :P

Apparently, I am some raging lunatic, who knows nothing about laws, and will just shoot everyone that moves::)

Possibly, but they just don't know you.

NOTE: Those who have a subscription to the daily paper can access without paying anything extra to read/make comments. BUT I think it's important that people don't start going into "attack mode" towards those ignorant comments. It'd only be used to fuel their argument.   :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 04:05:31 PM by Colt808 »
Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it. ~Thomas Paine

And I still see stupid people.

Heavies

Ahh. Lose money.

He talked about it for 3 min. , then switched the subject to bitching about Waikiki.
Must be a topic too hot for him to handle.  ::)

Heavies

The comments on there are worth 1 dollar to read. I'd say just do it and have some fun for 24 hours .

I just noticed that. When did they start charging for Internet reads?? 
Oh well. Sorry but I refuse to support their biased propaganda pamphlet.  :grrr:

I usually just skim someone's paper at work when I think something interesting is in there.  :P

MisterEd

Gentlemen,

There's a nice write-up about the lawsuit in the Armed Citizen's Network September journal.

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/images/stories/journal/Network_2011-9.pdf

The article starts on page 8

aloha,
    Mister Ed < of course^2 >

Funtimes

Its kind of cool where all this stuff is poping up!

Cougar8045

You're going to be as famous as Heller, FT! :worship:
I'm just a fluffy white bunny rabbit who lost his way. 

"If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. ..."  -Exodus 22:2

Dregs

I'm going to make a shirt: I KNOW CHRIS BAKER. Sell it for $15 a shirt.

I'll be a millionaire.

Echo5Alpha

Wow sorry I'm late to the party but......go get em'!

Funtimes

lol "Defend Chris Baker" t-shirts? Million dollars inc.

RKBA

First post, but I've been lurking here for a while.

Just wanted to inform everyone that in today's Star Advertiser there was a letter to the editor thanking Chief Kealoha for "not allowing another concealed carry gun on
the island." The author then states that Chris should, "take a self defense course or maybe find a new line of work if he fears for his life." Best part is the author is writing from Forestville, California which means he's not affected by any of our laws in the first place. I don't know what the COC is here so I'm not going to post the entire letter, but you can read it in its entirety at the Star Advertiser's website without logging on at:

http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y&id=129019373

The reason I'm pointing this out is this type of letter needs a response. Public perception can easily be swayed and my concern is a lack of response might be misinterpreted as minimal support on the pro 2A side. So if you have the time, I encourage you to join me and write the Star Advertiser with a rational and factual response to the claims of the letter writer. If we can get enough of them printed, it might make the community (and hopefully politicians) realize that the pro 2A
community in Hawaii is not limited to 3 or 4 people.

Lastly, I don't post on any forums and this is all new to me so I apologize if I broke any rules, didn't follow protocol, the COC, etc... Thanks  :thumbsup:

Kingkeoni

Re: HONOLULU POLICE CHIEF AND STATE OF HAWAII SUED FOR SECOND AMENDMENT VIOLATIO
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 03:15:54 PM »
Thanks RKBA, good first post.

But your link doesn't work...
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 03:26:31 PM by Kingkeoni »
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
Thanks for posting and welcome to the site, RKBA.

It looks like the Star Advertiser is doing something wonky with their links and won't allow you to direct link to their pages. For people looking for the letter on their site, it can be found under Editorials and Letters to the Editor from the menu bar on the site.

Actually let me just post the contents of the letter here since it is a letter:
I thank Police Chief Louis Kealoha for not allowing another concealed-carry gun on the island (“Suit targets police chief for denying gun permit,” Star-Advertiser, Aug. 31). Chris Baker from Mississippi wants a gun to protect his wife while on the job as a process server. I suggest he take a self-defense course or maybe find a new line of work if he fears for his life. There are enough guns on the island and the last thing we tourists need to see or hear about are civilians who are afraid to do their job without a gun in their hand. George Quarles Forestville, Calif

These kinds of letters are very annoying. It's just a "drive-by" posting by, as you mentioned, someone that doesn't even fall under our laws. I guess with all the attention this case has garnered, it's expected for people like that to come out of the woodwork. What's worse is this person lives in a state where, on some accounts, gun laws are even stricter.

Anyway, back to why I called it a "drive-by" posting. It is an emotionally charged response to something that someone doesn't like. It doesn't contain any facts and these types of people aren't even the types to look at the facts anyway. A well written response with facts and not just emotion would be a good counter.

This got me thinking about another thing, which is probably slightly off topic. How many people and what types of people actually log in to the Star Advertiser website.With their new pay model, I'm guessing their readership will drop a bunch. Maybe not, but who really knows.

Well, thanks again for joining and posting. We're happy to have you here :D
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

808shooter

WTF

Why was there a published letter to the editor from a person not in Hawaii?