"...gunman fired 10 shots before stopping to reload his six-shot revolver..." (Read 3882 times)

punaperson

These are the geniuses at the Bloomberg-funded "The Trace" who lobby incessantly day in and day out to curtail our Second Amendment-protected rights by providing a laundry list of all the "bad things" that happen with guns. The fact that they are morons doesn't effect their ability to crank out voluminous "evidence" proving that civilian disarmament is the holy grail of "commonsense gun safety regulations".

"The San Bernardino elementary school gunman fired 10 shots before stopping to reload his six-shot revolver midway through, a report noted. This gave a teacher’s aide time to lead pupils out of harm’s way.

Some experts think restrictions on high-capacity ammunition magazines, rather than assault weapons bans, may be the best way to limit mass shooting casualties."

The Trace
April 14, 2017
Facebook post

Thanks to Joe Huffman: http://blog.joehuffman.org/2017/04/18/quote-of-the-day-the-trace/

Here is a copy of the original Facebook post, and then the edited version:

drck1000

Oh gosh.  I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but this guy. . .

I have to find the article about some guy/person/it from Huffington Post got duped into posting an article about fake news.  Always looking for something from "their angle" to spew. . .  tards.

RSN172

Ever see how fast Jerry Miculek can fire 12 shots on target out of a six shot revolver?  Faster than most people can fire 12 shots out of a semiauto, not to mention and still hitting the target.

punaperson

Ever see how fast Jerry Miculek can fire 12 shots on target out of a six shot revolver?  Faster than most people can fire 12 shots out of a semiauto, not to mention and still hitting the target.
Yes, I have, but... that wasn't Jerry who killed his estranged wife in the San Bernardino school. Besides, even Jerry can't fire 10 rounds from a six-shot revolver before reloading... he's super fast, but he's not a magician (and if he was  magician it would be an illusion, not reality... for that you'd need a "miracle").

PS. Going to see Schatz or Tulsi today?

oldfart

:rofl:
Libtard defined
What, Me Worry?

RSN172

I was showing how restrictions on mag capacity has minimal effect on amount of rounds that can be fired.  In this country, there are a lot of people who can match or come within milliseconds of Jerry's speed.  Even I can get a fresh magazine loaded in less than 1.5 seconds if I am carrying a spare in my hand.

punaperson

I was showing how restrictions on mag capacity has minimal effect on amount of rounds that can be fired.  In this country, there are a lot of people who can match or come within milliseconds of Jerry's speed.  Even I can get a fresh magazine loaded in less than 1.5 seconds if I am carrying a spare in my hand.
I don't follow the national competitive shooting scene, but I don't believe Jerry is at the top of the pile all that often any more.

Not sure from what you wrote ("magazine"), but the original reference was to reloading a revolver (using a "speed loader"). Doesn't say whether the guy at the school used a speed loader or not.

I also believe that all the "limited magazine capacity" arguments have little or nothing to support the claim for "public safety". Most of the shots at Columbine were fired from 10 round magazines, and there's no evidence that any more people survived because of that fact. I tend to believe that all the "incremental" restrictions on firearms are thinly veiled steps to civilian (the "law-abiding" ones) disarmament. What that would accomplish, or make possible for those so advocating, I cannot speculate about.
 :shaka:

ren

10 shots in 3 seconds from a 6 caliber magazine revolver.
That is a ghost gun.
Deeds Not Words