HIFICO 2019 Legislature Firearms Bills (Read 68984 times)

zippz

Re: HIFICO 2019 Legislature Firearms Bills
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2019, 07:06:38 PM »
Any suggestions on improvements to this list?
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

changemyoil66

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2019, 07:53:13 PM »
Fire missions for priority bills like awb are good and easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

zippz

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »
First lateral deadline was yesterday so lots of bills dropped off.  A bunch more will drop off when the recommended deferrals are confirmed.

Hearings next week in the senate for the "missing testimony" bills.  This hearing is for written testimony only, no oral testimony.    So write your testimony and meet with the committee senators to make your voice heard.

One bill in the house for HB720 lost/stolen/destroyed firearm reporing.

SB337 remote testimonies is making it's way into committee hearing too.  Looks like this might pass this year.

Next deadline is March 1st for "first decking".  Committee hearings must be completed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:59:38 PM by zippz »
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2019, 04:16:32 PM »
On Thursday, we delivered over 1,300 testimonies for the 4 bills being heard on Friday and had groups meet with the legislators and staff.  Friday's committee hearing was still against us, but we had a few no votes and reservations this time so it was a little closer.  We're improving our methods and building up our base to be successful in the future.

I'm disappointed that SB1321 Registration Amnesty was deferred.  Not sure why since many legislators and HPD support the bill.  Will have to wait for the committee report to come out.

SB600 Prohibit Firearms Importation Under 21 was passed unamended.  This is the bill I really want to kill.  Props to Gabbard for voting "no" which is a rarity in committee.  Fevella was "excused" which is kinda like opposing it, not sure why he didn't just vote no.  I was really hoping Wakai would vote "no" which would be the 3rd and swing vote to defer it, but no such luck.

SB621 Report Lost, Stolen, Destroyed Firearms was passed 4 to 0 with Fevella excused again.

SB1466 Protective Orders passed with 2 yes votes and 3 with reservations from Wakai, Gabbard, and Fevella.  Many times w/reservations is like a no vote, but I guess it needed a little more push to oppose this bill.  This bill had many testimonies from Mom's Demand Action and also victims of gun shootings and domestic violence, but still overwhelming opposed testimonies.

Coming up on Monday is HB1541 on Gun Violence Research Center which is in the Finance Committee.  Also HB1325 GMAC bill on Watersheds, which still has the neutered  language which we are against saying GMAC is to be "notified" instead of "coordinate" with DLNR on hunting related watershed projects.

In the other bills section
SB337 on remote testimony is moving forward.
HB456 and 1176 authorizing tasers for Sheriffs and DOT is up for FINANCE hearings.
Added HB1488 Capitol security measures to the tracking list for awareness

London808

« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2019, 05:26:31 PM »

I'm disappointed that SB1321 Registration Amnesty was deferred.  Not sure why since many legislators and HPD support the bill.  Will have to wait for the committee report to come out.

Not sure why ?

ITS BECAUSE GUN OWNERS WERE SUPPORTING IT
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

zippz

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 11:59:08 PM »
The first part of the legislative session is coming to a close with the first crossover (surviving bills switch between House and Senate) coming up on March 7th.  The surviving bills will head to a 3rd reading on Feb 28th, March 1st or 5th.  The 3rd reading is the House or Senate floor vote before all 71 or 25 legislators.  Each legislator will cast a yea or nay vote for each bill.  This is when you must contact your district legislator to urge them to support or oppose the bill.  It's very difficult to change the outcome of a floor vote since most follow the committees recommendations, but we will do our best and see if your legislator supports or opposes the 2nd amendment.  Instructions will be posted on the HIFICO website.

HB950 LEOSA passed Rep Lee's Judiciary committee through the urging of the Governor.  Fixes administration of the LEOSA CCW permits for prior law enforcement, but it is still "may issue."

HB1541 Gun Violence Prevention Center passed through Finance committee which focuses on the funding and fiscal law.  The State Dept of Budget and Finance wrote that it's unsure if the center would have sustainable funding for it's 3 or 4 researchers at UH.  I heard the State will not fund it, rather it'll be funded through grants and donations from organizations and individuals, which could bias the research results.  Imagine if Bezos or Bloomberg funded it.  UH supported this bill and wrongly stated that the CDC cannot fund gun violence research.

SB600 and SB1466 are scheduled for Senate floor votes among the 25 Senators.  The other bills will follow.

HB1325 hunting related bill passed Finance.  SB337 Remote Testimony is going on to a floor vote.  I don't think last year's Remote Testimony bill made it this far.

zippz

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2019, 07:14:21 PM »
The first decking deadline passed on Friday eliminating a few other bills that didn't get to their last committee.
The 3 remaining house bills passed the third floor vote.  HB950 LEOSA made it through without any "no" votes.  HB720 "lost/stolen/destroyed" and HB1541 "protective orders" received a a few no and reservation votes with Rep Kong voting no on both bills.  It's  uncommon to get no votes from members of the party in power.

The 3 remaining Senate bills will go for a floor vote on March 5th so talk or email your Senators to encourage them to vote no.

The only Pro-hunting bill HB1325 GMAC/Watershed/suspend erradication passed third reading.

Kamalu

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »
Are SB1334, HB1303 and HB1531 (the AWB bills) all dead for this year?

Are all bills that have red background on HIFICO.ORG dead?

Thanks.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

macsak

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2019, 10:19:27 PM »
Are SB1334, HB1303 and HB1531 (the AWB bills) all dead for this year?

Are all bills that have red background on HIFICO.ORG dead?

Thanks.

yes

Kamalu

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2019, 08:11:46 AM »
yes

That's Great!

Gotta keep the pressure on and get even more of us 2A supporters out of the woodwork.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

zippz

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
The 3 house bills crossed over to the Senate and passed first reading.  They will then be referred to committees to start the process over again.

The 3 senate bills passed third reading garning with reservations from a few, no votes from Gabbard and Fevella on a couple, and Reviere with a no vote on one.  They'll now crossover to the House to repeat the process over.

HB1325 GMAC Hunting pass third reading and will crossover to the Senate.  SB337 Remote Testimony will also crossover to the House.

Two new Senate resolutions popped up.  SR29 and SCR42 urges Congress to repeal or amend the 2nd Amendment.  They were introduced last year but didn't get a hearing.

ren

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2019, 01:03:00 PM »
The 3 house bills crossed over to the Senate and passed first reading.  They will then be referred to committees to start the process over again.

The 3 senate bills passed third reading garning with reservations from a few, no votes from Gabbard and Fevella on a couple, and Reviere with a no vote on one.  They'll now crossover to the House to repeat the process over.

HB1325 GMAC Hunting pass third reading and will crossover to the Senate.  SB337 Remote Testimony will also crossover to the House.

Two new Senate resolutions popped up.  SR29 and SCR42 urges Congress to repeal or amend the 2nd Amendment.  They were introduced last year but didn't get a hearing.

Just resolutions but who introduced them? They should be on the radar.
Deeds Not Words

Mdotweber

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2019, 01:05:59 PM »
Baker,Rhoads,Chang,Theilen,Kanuha.
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

punaperson

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2019, 01:10:52 PM »
Only 20% of the Hawaii state senate signed on to sponsor repealing the Second Amendment? I guess the memo didn't get out.

Of course Rhoads was one of those five...

I urge people to read the resolution/concurrent resolution. It read just like a bunch of the bills introduced this session. Lies and distortions in the service of the glorious end of total civilian disarmament. This is what they are really seeking. All these bills chipping away at it are just that... "a good first step" as they now declare with each new infringement.

https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2019/bills/SCR42_.HTM

ren

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2019, 01:24:49 PM »
Baker,Rhoads,Chang,Theilen,Kanuha.

The appeal of a fundamental right should be a good point for their opponents.
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2019, 02:06:00 PM »
I hope the resolutions are heard in committee.  I want em to get grilled bad and see who votes for it.

punaperson

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
I hope the resolutions are heard in committee.  I want em to get grilled bad and see who votes for it.
Hey zippz, four questions (Thanks!):

1. Who's gonna grill 'em? (I vote for Stephen Stamboulieh... :geekdanc:).

2. When will these get committee assignments?

3. What committees would those be?

4. Do the uppercase letters mean something like "primary introducer(s)" and the lower case "signed on as co-introducers after the fact"? Or what?

Introducer(s):   S. CHANG, K. RHOADS, Baker, Kanuha, L. Thielen

zippz

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2019, 05:26:41 PM »
Hey zippz, four questions (Thanks!):

1. Who's gonna grill 'em? (I vote for Stephen Stamboulieh... :geekdanc:).
All of us.

2. When will these get committee assignments?
Soon

3. What committees would those be?
Last year it was Judiciary.  Could also add Public Safety.  https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/Archives/measure_indiv_Archives.aspx?billtype=SR&billnumber=96&year=2018

4. Do the uppercase letters mean something like "primary introducer(s)" and the lower case "signed on as co-introducers after the fact"? Or what?

Introducer(s):   S. CHANG, K. RHOADS, Baker, Kanuha, L. Thielen

I have to find out if a bill can have more than one primary introducer.
Just remembered that it can have multiple Primary Introducers (PI), the initial one will be the first one, then others will be underlined. The others are co-introducers.  I'm not sure what the purpose is of having multiple PIs

macsak

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2019, 08:53:37 PM »

i'm guessing the multiple primary introducers is that SChang and KarlMarx were competing on who could suck up to Bloomberg the most
i'm going to send a nasty email to Chang in the next day or two

punaperson

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2019, 08:00:10 AM »
I sent the following emails to Gabbard and Fevella this morning:

Thank you for your NO votes on SB600 and SB1466

Senator [Gabbard/Fevella],

Thank you for your NO votes on SB600 and SB1466 yesterday on the Senate floor votes.

It's tragic and disgusting when reason and evidence take a backseat to emotional talking points to enact useless laws that do nothing for public safety but instead only further erode our natural rights supposedly protected by the constitutions... and only two senators object.

Thank you for standing for reason, evidence, and the rule of law, including due process.

mahalo,

[Punaperson]