33.3%
Forced
3.7%
Total Members Voted

Abortion (Read 105179 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Abortion
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2020, 02:56:34 PM »
Incorrect that's semantics.  Do you advocate the removal of fetuses then watching them die naturally outside the womb? They both can't live without a machine or womb.

Don't ask me a single question until you explain why my comment is "incorrect" and only "semantics".

You're the one quibbling over "consciousness" vs "sentient".  Don't lecture me on "semantics".

"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2020, 02:57:36 PM »
Those things happen much less frequently when people understand there are potential consequences that may not be erased in a clinic.

Take away the negative results, and behaviors shift toward that act.

You pretend humans are slaves to their desires.

Must suck to live in your reality.

I know you probably don't deal with much younger people. But I can say in highschool and college that happened plenty.  Not sure why you find it your place to police someone else's sexual choices. It's none of your business. People should be free to make their own choices, learn from mistakes and grow.  A young persons mistakes shouldn't harm them and others for life if it can be prevented medically. Purposely limiting access to Healthcare to achieve your goals is wrong.  Let young adults young adult.  Embrace their freedom.

omnigun

« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »
Don't ask me a single question until you explain why my comment is "incorrect" and only "semantics".

You're the one quibbling over "consciousness" vs "sentient".  Don't lecture me on "semantics".

Inspector is the one pointing out conscious used in the way i used it can mean just a person being awake. I simply using a term that transcends being physically conscious.  It's a bunch of word spaghetti to avoid the actual meaning and substance.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2020, 03:02:40 PM »
I know you probably don't deal with much younger people. But I can say in highschool and college that happened plenty.  Not sure why you find it your place to police someone else's sexual choices. It's none of your business. People should be free to make their own choices, learn from mistakes and grow.  A young persons mistakes shouldn't harm them and others for life if it can be prevented medically. Purposely limiting access to Healthcare to achieve your goals is wrong.  Let young adults young adult.  Embrace their freedom.

Yeah.  I never interact with "younger people."

I only have nieces, nephews, daughters, a granddaughter, STEM students, kids I tutor, Girl Scouts, kids of friends.....

You're pathetic to assume anything like this.

Guess what?  More high schoolers are choosing abstinence because they see the disease, unwanted pregnancies, emotional damage and relationship problems having an abortion causes.

Show me the stats that support "But I can say in highschool and college that happened plenty.".  How do you define "plenty?"  Same way you "just know" that all Republicans are against more government spending?
-- Melvin Udall

Brystont1

« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2020, 03:04:02 PM »
Lol can't predict the future and shouldn't judge the present by the future.  Your sperm is one sex away from making a baby.  Don't make all your sperm babies.

The current present state the fetus lacks sentience.  Just like the present state of your splunk.

I’m saying that if you get into a car crash and the doctor say as of right now you are brain dead but you will recover in 9 months should they be able to pull the plug on you?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2020, 03:05:47 PM »
Inspector is the one pointing out conscious used in the way i used it can mean just a person being awake. I simply using a term that transcends being physically conscious.  It's a bunch of word spaghetti to avoid the actual meaning and substance.

The point is, YOU are the one arguing about semantics.  He called you out on one term as being wrong, and you deflected by substituting a synonym.

Pure semantics. "That word wasn't optimal.  This one better supports my position." 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  They mean the same thing!   :wacko:
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2020, 03:07:33 PM »
Yeah.  I never interact with "younger people."

I only have nieces, nephews, daughters, a granddaughter, STEM students, kids I tutor, Girl Scouts, kids of friends.....

You're pathetic to assume anything like this.

Guess what?  More high schoolers are choosing abstinence because they see the disease, unwanted pregnancies, emotional damage and relationship problems having an abortion causes.

Show me the stats that support "But I can say in highschool and college that happened plenty.".  How do you define "plenty?"  Same way you "just know" that all Republicans are against more government spending?

Just like you I can only go by experience.   Mine and people i know.  Not sure if you can find accurate studies on this.  I guess it was incorrect for either of us to assume. We probably have different experiences.

Inspector

« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2020, 03:08:01 PM »

Don’t forget this guy has already lied through his teeth about “consciousness simple as that”. Lying and back peddling now. And then he lied saying he wasn’t back peddling when that is all he has done since I nailed that fucker to the wall. Look where he is now...  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

omnigun

« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2020, 03:09:38 PM »
I’m saying that if you get into a car crash and the doctor say as of right now you are brain dead but you will recover in 9 months should they be able to pull the plug on you?

That's a paradox. Because that implies I'm not brain dead. Which means I have sentience.  If I was brain dead I would never recover.   

omnigun

« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2020, 03:11:53 PM »
The point is, YOU are the one arguing about semantics.  He called you out on one term as being wrong, and you deflected by substituting a synonym.

Pure semantics. "That word wasn't optimal.  This one better supports my position." 

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  They mean the same thing!   :wacko:

Synonyms isn't the exact same thing.  It's related. Are you saying you lose sentience when you go to sleep?  I'm just trying to find a term to use if you think you are all that please suggest a replacement.  To show the unique human mind. What do you call it?  Being self aware, intelligent, unique human traits that only we have. 

drck1000

« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2020, 03:13:40 PM »
O
M
F
G

:bangingheadonwall:

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2020, 03:16:30 PM »
Don’t forget this guy has already lied through his teeth about “consciousness simple as that”. Lying and back peddling now. And then he lied saying he wasn’t back peddling when that is all he has done since I nailed that fucker to the wall. Look where he is now...  :rofl:

He seems to take this very personally, even though he's not personally involved in the process of abortions.

I'm starting to think this whole topic is his way of justifying his own existence.  I really wonder if he was "planned,"  Did his father tell him he tried to talk Omni's mother into an abortion, but they couldn't afford it?  But for a few hundred bucks (or free Obamacare), this thread -- like the OP -- would not even exist!

-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2020, 03:20:54 PM »
Synonyms isn't the exact same thing.  It's related. Are you saying you lose sentience when you go to sleep?  I'm just trying to find a term to use if you think you are all that please suggest a replacement.  To show the unique human mind. What do you call it?  Being self aware, intelligent, unique human traits that only we have.

I said, don't ask me a single question until (unless) you've answered mine.

Where does it say synonym "isn't the exact same thing -- it's related"??

-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2020, 03:24:37 PM »
please welcome the liberal gun owner with all your consciousness
Deeds Not Words

Inspector

« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2020, 03:40:04 PM »
That's a paradox. Because that implies I'm not brain dead. Which means I have sentience.  If I was brain dead I would never recover.
Dude, I hate to break the news to you. YOU ARE BRAIN DEAD!!  :rofl:

Inspector

« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2020, 03:41:36 PM »
O
M
F
G

:bangingheadonwall:
Can I help?  :rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2020, 03:41:48 PM »
Dude, I hate to break the news to you. YOU ARE BRAIN DEAD!!  :rofl:
As my uncle used to tell me all the time,

"eh braddah, you stay dame bramage"   :crazy:

:rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2020, 03:47:02 PM »
Can I help?  :rofl:
No.  I already have to deal with going shopping for a new fridge.  Dealing with appliance sale people has similar effect on me.

Me: I need a refridgerator that fits these dimensions.  (I give him width and height, but I already know which models will fit).
Salesperson:  We have these X, Y, and Z models in stock and on sale.  (I already know they won't fit)
Me: Those don't meet the dimensions that I am limited to.
Salesperson: But here, check the awesome features out on this model X.
Me: What is the overall height of the unit?
Salesperson: 67" (which is too tall)
Me: I told you that I need one in these max dimensions. . .
Salesperson: Ohh, I didn't know you had a height limitation. . .

:facepalm:

robtmc

« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2020, 03:57:30 PM »
I notice you only Google things to use as sources,

What else has he/she got?   

Shirley you do not expect life experience or education?
Must make up by using someone else's knowledge.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2020, 03:58:41 PM »
No.  I already have to deal with going shopping for a new fridge.  Dealing with appliance sale people has similar effect on me.

Me: I need a refridgerator that fits these dimensions.  (I give him width and height, but I already know which models will fit).
Salesperson:  We have these X, Y, and Z models in stock and on sale.  (I already know they won't fit)
Me: Those don't meet the dimensions that I am limited to.
Salesperson: But here, check the awesome features out on this model X.
Me: What is the overall height of the unit?
Salesperson: 67" (which is too tall)
Me: I told you that I need one in these max dimensions. . .
Salesperson: Ohh, I didn't know you had a height limitation. . .

:facepalm:

Dimensions ..... height limitations .....

just semantics.   :rofl: :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall