HR8 passed the House (Read 4963 times)

6716J

HR8 passed the House
« on: March 11, 2021, 08:22:24 AM »
Well "Universal Background Checks" better know as a gun registry just passed the house. 9 "Republicans" screwed us. Had they voted against it, it would've been 211-210 against. Now it's on to the senate where I have no faith in the defense of the Constitution.

Get em while they're hot cause within a year we're all gonna be starving.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Kuleana

Re: HR8 passed the House
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 09:15:14 AM »
As I said before, the events on January 6th has spooked the ultrawealthy like no other event, in recent history, of the US empire.  As expected, the power okole has given out their decrees to all of their bipartisan stooges in government to accelerate their program to start identifying all the would-be insurgents/domestic terrorists (i.e., American Patriots) that could potentially overthrow them.

Stay tuned for more...

drck1000

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 09:18:56 AM »
Who was that lone Dem nay.  :hmm:

punaperson

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 09:33:04 AM »
8 Republican lawmakers voted with the Democrats to pass the “Background Checks Act” that prohibits private firearms transfers without having a background check:

Vern Buchanan (FL)
Brian Fitzpatrick (PA)
Maria Salazar (FL)
Andrew Garbarino (NY)
Chris Smith (NJ)
Fred Upton (MI)
Carlos Gimenez (FL)
Adam Kinzinger (IL)

Jared Golden (ME) was the one Democrat who voted against the bill according to a preliminary tally of votes.

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 09:43:24 AM »
8 Republican lawmakers voted with the Democrats to pass the “Background Checks Act” that prohibits private firearms transfers without having a background check:

Vern Buchanan (FL)
Brian Fitzpatrick (PA)
Maria Salazar (FL)
Andrew Garbarino (NY)
Chris Smith (NJ)
Fred Upton (MI)
Carlos Gimenez (FL)
Adam Kinzinger (IL)

Jared Golden (ME) was the one Democrat who voted against the bill according to a preliminary tally of votes.
What's up with the FL folks? 

I'll have to look up info on Mr. Jared Golden. . .

punaperson

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 09:45:27 AM »
Probably our best friend in Congress (though MTG and Boebert may be on the same level), author of the (failed due to "leadership" not bringing it to the floor) national concealed carry reciprocity act... Thomas Massie, on the House floor, calls bullshit on this bullshit.

Furious Congressman Rails Against Mandatory Background Checks

https://rumble.com/veirzl-furious-congressman-rails-against-mandatory-background-checks.html?mref=4kf0v&mc=c6cgi

omnigun

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2021, 10:02:00 AM »
Will hopefully/most likely die in Congress.

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 10:03:12 AM »

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Brystont1

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2021, 10:06:37 AM »
Oh boy it’s all up to joe Manchin  :rofl:

Kuleana

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 10:08:30 AM »
Possibly either a DINO or one of the very few, if any, a patriot who happens to be a Democrat?

aletheuo137

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 10:13:15 AM »
Will hopefully/most likely die in Congress.
The boy who cried wolf...

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

groveler

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 10:15:29 AM »
The registry bill probably won't make it through the Senate as it will need 60 votes.
Even if it ever does pass, a vast number of people will ignore it, as they should.
An example is Hawaii, we have all those stupid laws, and the Democrats still have no idea
what kind and where all the guns in this state are, or were, and this is a small population wise
state that is very isolated.
   :popcorn:

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 11:12:49 AM »

"It's OK Trump lost cause we got the senate"

"It's OK we lost the senate cause XO's only last until the next president"

That's like your girl saying "It's OK, he's just a friend"...

punaperson

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »
it would take hours to make a detailed presentation of the history of racist Democrat gun control laws. Burgess Owens had 90 seconds in the House.

Here's a brief article by Dave Kopel: https://www.encounterbooks.com/features/racist-roots-gun-control/

omnigun

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 12:39:43 PM »

How is that even related?  I warned that trump and the trumpets could (did) lose the senate for the GOP.  For bills like this they need 60 votes.  They have maybe 50.  I'm more confident in my math than your reasoning skills, so its not going to pass.  Unless 10 republicans cross the isle.  And we all know 0 did that for covid.  What are the chances they will for anti-2a.

punaperson

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 12:44:36 PM »
The U.S. Senate is going to meet on an island? Which one?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 12:50:06 PM »
The U.S. Senate is going to meet on an island? Which one?

Jeffrey Epstein isn't using his ....
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 01:03:25 PM »
Wheel-chair-bound representative Madison Cawthorn echoes "molon labe"...

“You Can Come and Take Them!” GOP Rep DROPS BOMBS on House Floor

https://rumble.com/vejc25-you-can-come-and-take-them-gop-rep-drops-bombs-on-house-floor.html?mref=4kf0v&mc=c6cgi

6716J

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 06:28:50 PM »

How is that even related?  I warned that trump and the trumpets could (did) lose the senate for the GOP.  For bills like this they need 60 votes.  They have maybe 50.  I'm more confident in my math than your reasoning skills, so its not going to pass.  Unless 10 republicans cross the isle.  And we all know 0 did that for covid.  What are the chances they will for anti-2a.

They will for the money in their own pocket. 8 in the house did it. Nothing would surprise me if the senators did it tooo
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

omnigun

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 08:01:44 PM »
They will for the money in their own pocket. 8 in the house did it. Nothing would surprise me if the senators did it tooo

Not 10,  if they did its suicide for their future careers as most republican states are not swing states. The 8 in the house most likely are from liberal or mixed areas where they needed some liberal votes.