Fire Mission HB 1366 Confiscation (Read 4246 times)

hvybarrels

Fire Mission HB 1366 Confiscation
« on: April 02, 2021, 07:00:59 PM »
Due April 5 2021

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20210402/hawaii-joint-hearing-on-retroactive-ban-of-homebuilt-firearms

You may think that this one does not matter if you do not have home built firearms, but what is about to happen is they want to make this a study of how easy it would be to actually enforce a semi auto ban. Make no mistake this is a dry run for more confiscations to come using the systems they set up to enforce this POS.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

omnigun

Re: Fire Mission HB 1366 Confiscation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 07:13:39 PM »
This wont pass constitution muster, you can't ban someone making a firearm.

ren

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 07:51:34 PM »
Due April 5 2021

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20210402/hawaii-joint-hearing-on-retroactive-ban-of-homebuilt-firearms

You may think that this one does not matter if you do not have home built firearms, but what is about to happen is they want to make this a study of how easy it would be to actually enforce a semi auto ban. Make no mistake this is a dry run for more confiscations to come using the systems they set up to enforce this POS.

just like how H1N1, Avian flu and SARS were dry runs for...COVID19
Deeds Not Words

macsak

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 10:22:20 PM »

whut?

omnigun

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 10:55:25 PM »
whut?

No can work, cuz da court will stop.

hvybarrels

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 11:38:09 AM »
This is the road map for confiscation. The lessons they learn from enforcing this law will be used for a semi auto ban. This government uses the constitution like toilet paper.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 02:05:44 PM »

No can work, cuz da court will stop.

Hey, Dumbass.  Read the damn article!  It's only a few paragraphs long.  Even you ADD-riddled Millennials can handle that!

"House Bill 1366, sponsored by Patrick Branco (D-50), amends language regarding home-built firearms passed last session (Act 74 2020). It bans possession of certain unfinished firearm components, as well as home-built firearms.  Current law does not ban possession for those owned prior to the ban passed last year."

So, your belief that the law will magically not happen it wrong.  The LAW has been in place since last year!   :crazy:

The new bill changes the old bill's language to remove the grandfather component, making it a crime to have home-built guns and certain parts that you owned before the ban took effect.

Try paying attention.  You're just creating a smoke screen of argumentative, ignorant, contrary bullshit.

Curious.  Does "Constitutional Muster" have a delay timer attached?  How long will people be considered felons under this CURRENT LAW before that timer is done?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:23:07 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

robtmc

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 02:17:34 PM »
You're just creating a smoke screen of argumentative, ignorant, contrary bullshit.

Seems millennial chicks are like that, just argue for the love of hearing themselves argue.

And they wonder why they are held in contempt.

omnigun

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 07:09:41 PM »
Hey, Dumbass.  Read the damn article!  It's only a few paragraphs long.  Even you ADD-riddled Millennials can handle that!

"House Bill 1366, sponsored by Patrick Branco (D-50), amends language regarding home-built firearms passed last session (Act 74 2020). It bans possession of certain unfinished firearm components, as well as home-built firearms.  Current law does not ban possession for those owned prior to the ban passed last year."

So, your belief that the law will magically not happen it wrong.  The LAW has been in place since last year!   :crazy:

The new bill changes the old bill's language to remove the grandfather component, making it a crime to have home-built guns and certain parts that you owned before the ban took effect.

Try paying attention.  You're just creating a smoke screen of argumentative, ignorant, contrary bullshit.

Curious.  Does "Constitutional Muster" have a delay timer attached?  How long will people be considered felons under this CURRENT LAW before that timer is done?

Retro banning could be contested in court genius. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 09:06:12 PM »
Retro banning could be contested in court genius.

That's not what you said:

Show me where you  said "retro."  Show me where "making a firearm" means "retro"..

:crazy:

In other news (addressing your second BS statement of "fact"):

The bump stock ban was retroactive.  So, yes, they DID make it a crime to buy and own a bump stock -- retroactively -- even after you might have purchased it legally before the item was banned.

Where are these courts you speak of?  You assume there will be someone to fight these laws after passage.

You have no clue.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 02:13:36 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

omnigun

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 07:59:19 AM »
That's not what you said:

Show me where you  said "retro."  Show me where "making a firearm" means "retro"..

:crazy:

In other news (addressing your second BS statement of "fact"):

The bump stock ban was retroactive.  So, yes, they DID make it a crime to buy and own a bump stock -- retroactively -- even after you might have purchased it legally before the item was banned.

Where are these courts you speak of?  You assume there will be someone to fight these laws after passage.

You have no clue.

There are open court cases for the bumpstock ban.  Also you can't ban someone making a firearm.  They can apparently make it harder but you can never ban it.  As long as tools exist and it's legal anyone can form one out of plastic,  or metal. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 10:22:52 AM »
There are open court cases for the bumpstock ban.  Also you can't ban someone making a firearm.  They can apparently make it harder but you can never ban it.  As long as tools exist and it's legal anyone can form one out of plastic,  or metal.

There are also open court cases for concealed carry, yet Hawaii continues to deny all applications while also banning open carry.

In other words, until there is a final favorable decision after years of litigation, having an open case is meaningless.  Without an injunction, the law is the law.

You absolutely can ban someone from making a firearm.  The law can't stop you if you ignore the law and don't care about the consequences, but that's the case with all laws pretending to stop any behavior or act.  You can only punish someone who breaks the law after they do it.

Nothing you posted addresses your stupid conjecture about "retro banning."  You're totally avoiding the obvious blunder you made, and instead want to deflect to making firearms in general .....  "Genius!!"   :rofl:   :geekdanc:   :wacko:
-- Melvin Udall

6716J

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2021, 12:08:35 PM »
Pau
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

hvybarrels

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2021, 12:10:31 PM »
You cannot get your property back when it has already been destroyed

Oyabunsan

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2021, 07:18:57 PM »
Done!
shaka: :shaka:

stangzilla

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 08:08:08 AM »

hvybarrels

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2021, 08:59:26 PM »
The committee(s) on JDC recommend(s) that the measure be PASSED, UNAMENDED. The votes in JDC were as follows: 4 Aye(s): Senator(s) Rhoads, Keohokalole, Acasio, Lee; Aye(s) with reservations: none ; 3 No(es): Senator(s) Gabbard, Kim, Fevella; and 0 Excused: none.

I skimmed the testimony and noticed that even though the Oppose camp was well in the majority there were several submissions on the Support side all around the same time. What was also curious was the template that they were obviously using which kept talking about undetectable plastic guns (?) and also had remarkably similar broken english that even copied the misspellings like "Ghoste guns" that showed up again and again. It looks like the merry old tradition of Democratic ballot box stuffing is holding strong.

changemyoil66

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 09:10:54 PM »

I skimmed the testimony and noticed that even though the Oppose camp was well in the majority there were several submissions on the Support side all around the same time. What was also curious was the template that they were obviously using which kept talking about undetectable plastic guns (?) and also had remarkably similar broken english that even copied the misspellings like "Ghoste guns" that showed up again and again. It looks like the merry old tradition of Democratic ballot box stuffing is holding strong.
Theyre getting more involved. Had about 25 support and 80 oppose.

Shocking kim voted no. Shes been anti 2a until this year. Maybe she bought a gun for covid reasons?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dogman

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 09:59:40 PM »
Theyre getting more involved. Had about 25 support and 80 oppose.

Shocking kim voted no. Shes been anti 2a until this year. Maybe she bought a gun for covid reasons?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I recieved an email response from my district Senator Kim today.

"Thank you for your email.  I appreciate your comments.  Yes, I have been for strict gun control measures but I am beginning to feel that some of these measures are going too far and very piecemeal.  This is why  I voted against House Bill 1366 in the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing this morning. HB1366 would ban firearm parts and “ghost guns” and I agreed with the many in opposition that this bill is overly broad and vague."

I feel much better that I voted for her.

hvybarrels

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 11:45:48 AM »
It does not seem like much, but having one more politician on our side is something to be happy about especially in this age of insanity. Keep up the pressure. Your testimony does make a difference.