LAST MINUTE RANGE DAY! BAYS ARE OPEN! SAT APR 24! (Read 741 times)

macsak

LAST MINUTE RANGE DAY! BAYS ARE OPEN! SAT APR 24!
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:31:31 PM »
we will have an extended open shoot!

7:30am: Set up
8:00am-1:00pm: Open shoot (1 hour sessions @ 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 12noon)
Target stands are provided, though you may bring your own targets as well (1/2x2s, cardboard, shootandsee's, etc).  Steel targets will be set up for handguns.

All Hawaii legal firearms welcome.

For those of you who haven't participated in these events with us before, we welcome all skill levels with the expectation that participating shooters have familiarized themselves with the platform they wish to bring. This includes being able to safely load and unload their firearm unassisted.

Long pants/sleeves, food and plenty of water STRONGLY recommended.

Cost: $10 per session
there will be a limited number of slots dues to covid restrictions
we will have both reserved and first come first served slots
this is in an effort to be equitable, i am sure that many of the standbys will get in throughout the day...
email hdfrangeday@thehdf.org to reserve your spot (limited to one hour, you MUST SHOW UP BEFORE YOUR TIME OR YOUR SPOT WILL GO TO STANDBY)
if you have participated in one session (reserved or FCFS), you may sign up as standby for one additional session

Please follow all kokohead range and HDF specific rules.
Failure to comply will result in instant removal and future attendance denial.

NEW! COVID RULES!
PLEASE READ
Every participant must: 
1. Sanitize hands prior to completing forms (sanitizer provided) 
2. Complete Covid-19 survey (includes temperature check) 
3. Read liability waiver and HDF Range Safety Rules 
4. Sign in Open Shoot log 
5. Masks worn at all times. Masks can be removed only when drinking or while participating on  individual shooting course. 
Shooting Line: 
One shooter per table/shooting area distanced 6ft apart. 
Sanitizer sprayers available on the line for use 

raudi

Re: LAST MINUTE RANGE DAY! BAYS ARE OPEN! SAT APR 24!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
awesome. will be there. O0

fishandshoot

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:09:00 PM »
Great event, smooth and relaxing range day. Thanks HDF staff!  :shaka:

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 03:54:21 PM »
Got to try the S&W 500 magnum snubbie today and can’t stop thinking about it. Something about that shockwave tickles my happy button. Thanks again to HDF for putting on this event and hope the next one is not too far away. Fingers crossed for cheaper ammo so we can do a real training session

macsak

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 07:21:15 PM »
my apologies to all who attended
i failed to communicate to Mery that the fee was changed to $10 per hour
we will keep a record of those who overpaid and you can get a refund or credit in the future
sorry, no focus

please
we will have an extended open shoot!

7:30am: Set up
8:00am-1:00pm: Open shoot (1 hour sessions @ 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am, 12noon)
Target stands are provided, though you may bring your own targets as well (1/2x2s, cardboard, shootandsee's, etc).  Steel targets will be set up for handguns.

All Hawaii legal firearms welcome.

For those of you who haven't participated in these events with us before, we welcome all skill levels with the expectation that participating shooters have familiarized themselves with the platform they wish to bring. This includes being able to safely load and unload their firearm unassisted.

Long pants/sleeves, food and plenty of water STRONGLY recommended.

Cost: $10 per session
there will be a limited number of slots dues to covid restrictions
we will have both reserved and first come first served slots
this is in an effort to be equitable, i am sure that many of the standbys will get in throughout the day...
email hdfrangeday@thehdf.org to reserve your spot (limited to one hour, you MUST SHOW UP BEFORE YOUR TIME OR YOUR SPOT WILL GO TO STANDBY)
if you have participated in one session (reserved or FCFS), you may sign up as standby for one additional session

Please follow all kokohead range and HDF specific rules.
Failure to comply will result in instant removal and future attendance denial.

NEW! COVID RULES!
PLEASE READ
Every participant must: 
1. Sanitize hands prior to completing forms (sanitizer provided) 
2. Complete Covid-19 survey (includes temperature check) 
3. Read liability waiver and HDF Range Safety Rules 
4. Sign in Open Shoot log 
5. Masks worn at all times. Masks can be removed only when drinking or while participating on  individual shooting course. 
Shooting Line: 
One shooter per table/shooting area distanced 6ft apart. 
Sanitizer sprayers available on the line for use

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 04:08:49 PM »
Had fun and it was the 1st time i was back in the sun since last junes skill builder.

Only shot 100rds or so.  Got to try the new warbelt and its set up all correctly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

drck1000

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 04:13:22 PM »
Had fun and it was the 1st time i was back in the sun since last junes skill builder.

Only shot 100rds or so.  Got to try the new warbelt and its set up all correctly.

Did it fit?  Or need adjustment?

One of my shooting buddy's gained just a bit of COVID weight.  That resulted in needing some adjustment on his belt.  Quite a lot of adjustment.   :rofl:

changemyoil66

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 11:42:15 AM »
Did it fit?  Or need adjustment?

One of my shooting buddy's gained just a bit of COVID weight.  That resulted in needing some adjustment on his belt.  Quite a lot of adjustment.   :rofl:

I actually had to take it in an inch.  I last tried it on when the belt came in months ago with my range pants.  Since then, when I dry fire, boxers are used. So no way of seeing if need adjusting till Saturday.  The new holster takes some getting used to.  The hood is released by pressing the button toward your leg.  Compared to others where you press the button down toward the ground, or down and forward toward the ground.

We are lucky, our condo has a very good gym. Squat racks, dumbbells that go to 100.  Residents gyms were allowed to open before commercial gyms.  But in general, I lost weight even when the gyms were closed.  The high protein diet wasn't needed and because I wasn't burning as many calories, I wasn't as hungry as normal. Lost lots of muscle mass too, because the shirts felt baggier than normal.

But 1 good thing of COVID is that my shoulder has been messed up since 2015. Since 2015, I was not able to bench more than 225lbs for 6 reps or so. 

When I do flat barbell bench press 225lbs or more and only that exercise, I get a tingle up my entire right arm and sometimes the arm gives out about 2 inches above my chest.  This prevents me from going heavy or lifting until failure.  I needed to save energy to rack the bar and take the pressure off slowly as to reduce the shock.  It's like doing only 5 push ups, knowing you can do 20 easily.

So when the gyms opened up, I found out my shoulder is g2g.  It's AWESOME to be able to lift normally again.  I can go heavy with no issues.  But I did lose about easily 50lbs on my squat and deadlift.  But overall a good trade off.

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 02:28:19 PM »
I actually had to take it in an inch.  I last tried it on when the belt came in months ago with my range pants.  Since then, when I dry fire, boxers are used. So no way of seeing if need adjusting till Saturday.  The new holster takes some getting used to.  The hood is released by pressing the button toward your leg.  Compared to others where you press the button down toward the ground, or down and forward toward the ground.

We are lucky, our condo has a very good gym. Squat racks, dumbbells that go to 100.  Residents gyms were allowed to open before commercial gyms.  But in general, I lost weight even when the gyms were closed.  The high protein diet wasn't needed and because I wasn't burning as many calories, I wasn't as hungry as normal. Lost lots of muscle mass too, because the shirts felt baggier than normal.

But 1 good thing of COVID is that my shoulder has been messed up since 2015. Since 2015, I was not able to bench more than 225lbs for 6 reps or so. 

When I do flat barbell bench press 225lbs or more and only that exercise, I get a tingle up my entire right arm and sometimes the arm gives out about 2 inches above my chest.  This prevents me from going heavy or lifting until failure.  I needed to save energy to rack the bar and take the pressure off slowly as to reduce the shock.  It's like doing only 5 push ups, knowing you can do 20 easily.

So when the gyms opened up, I found out my shoulder is g2g.  It's AWESOME to be able to lift normally again.  I can go heavy with no issues.  But I did lose about easily 50lbs on my squat and deadlift.  But overall a good trade off.
What holster is that?  The retention sounds interesting. 

Did you have a rotator cuff injury recently?  I used to have that tingling, particularly when rotating my upper arm.  Flat bench was painful, but dumbbells were ok.  I think you should bet Macsak on bench press.  :P

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 08:45:27 PM »
What holster is that?  The retention sounds interesting. 

Did you have a rotator cuff injury recently?  I used to have that tingling, particularly when rotating my upper arm.  Flat bench was painful, but dumbbells were ok.  I think you should bet Macsak on bench press. 
We had a push up challenge. Idk if he ever made it.

So the tingle only happened when flat benching. Incline bench, decline, military press, lat exercises all g2g. So it was super weird. Also spent abouy $3k in various massage techniques (except happy ending, im married) and chiro. Turns out all i needed was a few months of rest.

The holster is from Fal Tac Unlimited. 1 man operation, but seems to be getting busier. He popped up on my YT randomly. He was 1 of the few who can do a vp9, with hood, RTI attachment and TLR1 and didnt cost me $150.