Derek Chauvin found guilty (Read 7725 times)

oldfart

Re: Derek Chauvin found guilty
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2021, 08:42:49 AM »

And of course you had the alternate juror interview saying that she feared for her safety if they voted to acquit.
SMH

What, Me Worry?

groveler

« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2021, 09:56:23 AM »
VERDICT IN JEOPARDY? Chauvin Juror’s ‘BLM Shirt’ Raises Concerns Over Trial, Impartiality, Appeal

https://hannity.com/media-room/verdict-in-jeopardy-chauvin-jurors-blm-shirt-raises-concerns-over-trial-impartiality-appeal/

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I long ago came to the conclusion that juries should only consist of older
engineers.  We have for years had our personal prejudices beat out of us
by "peer" reviews. Every decision I ever made was challenged by everybody
and I had to defend those decisions.  If I could not convince other engineers
with "facts and data",  I lost the argument.
Up front I'll restate that I don't like cops, they are a necessary evil, however
I don't think this cop received a fair trial, based purely on "Facts and Data" I have
read or seen.
He was convicted by a mob mentality.  That cheapens all of us, those that accept
this immorality and those that advocate that revenge is acceptable.

Glasser

« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2021, 11:15:51 AM »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2021, 01:54:05 PM »
I long ago came to the conclusion that juries should only consist of older
engineers.  We have for years had our personal prejudices beat out of us
by "peer" reviews. Every decision I ever made was challenged by everybody
and I had to defend those decisions.  If I could not convince other engineers
with "facts and data",  I lost the argument.
Up front I'll restate that I don't like cops, they are a necessary evil, however
I don't think this cop received a fair trial, based purely on "Facts and Data" I have
read or seen.
He was convicted by a mob mentality.  That cheapens all of us, those that accept
this immorality and those that advocate that revenge is acceptable.

From another angle, I think any Cop being tried for anything resembling a race-related situation should be automatically and immediately granted a change of venue. 

Having any authority figure such as a police officer judged by the local community is denying the inevitability that someone with malice based on the viral videos, MSM propagated race-baiting, and perhaps even personal experiences will wind up on that jury.

With the Social Media and MSM BS purveyors being like they are, I admit it'll be hard to find a totally unbiased jury anywhere.  But, at least you don't have someone on the jury who's afraid of having their own city burned down over a verdict some groups won't like.  The riots will be where the "crime" was committed, not likely where the trial was held.  The rioters would target the place that employed the cop.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall