Krystal Ball Ball: Bill Gates Is LYING TO YOU On Vaccine Patent Protection (Read 2684 times)

macsak

omnigun

I support Bill Gates.  He does more good than bad.  Vaccine Patents are indeed important.

macsak

I support Bill Gates.  He does more good than bad.  Vaccine Patents are indeed important.

shocking...

Glasser

Operation Warp Speed gave Drug makers $12 BILLION dollars in tax payer money to develop and deliver China Flu vaccines. It  also removed them from ANY and ALL liability for side effects, death etc. Why does Gates think they should be granted patents and opportunities to make even more money selling OUR vaccine to other countries, other than he is a scumbag vulture who never invented a damn thing other than a perpetual licensing agreement claiming you dont own the things you purchase from Microsoft unless you continue to pay every time you use them again ? 

OP WS sure sounds like contract work for drug makers to me, and the results should be property of the US government and the citizens who paid for it.  Big Pharma should be happy with the windfall and fuck with those massive profits.

eyeeatingfish

Operation Warp Speed gave Drug makers $12 BILLION dollars in tax payer money to develop and deliver China Flu vaccines. It  also removed them from ANY and ALL liability for side effects, death etc.

This is not quite accurate
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-are-pharmaceutical-companies-immune-covid-19-vaccine-lawsuits-1562793

mrgaf

Why doesn’t your support for Bill Gates surprise me? He’s still a scumbag….  >:D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Glasser

This is not quite accurate
https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-are-pharmaceutical-companies-immune-covid-19-vaccine-lawsuits-1562793

What part is not accurate?

from that article

Pharmaceutical companies are protected from liability regarding the COVID-19 vaccines. If someone has an allergic reaction or injury from one of the vaccines, they can petition to receive compensation from the Department of Health and Human Services' (HHS) Countermeasures Injury Compensation Program (CICP).

Cant sue the manufacturer but maybe just maybe the Federal government will toss you a couple bucks if they decide to?  9-11 First Responders can probably tell you how well that turns out.

eyeeatingfish

What part is not accurate?

from that article

Cant sue the manufacturer but maybe just maybe the Federal government will toss you a couple bucks if they decide to?  9-11 First Responders can probably tell you how well that turns out.

There are some additional protections regarding the covid vaccine but it isn't complete liability protection. I would have to read the article again but there was a year, 2024 I think, where the liability protection cut out. I don't know exactly how that time limit comes into play, but it doesn't appear there is zero liability.

It was interesting to learn that this liability protection wasn't unique to covid though, all vaccines get some liability protection under the law, not just ones authorized under the emergency use program. Covid seems to have a little more though

Glasser

There are some additional protections regarding the covid vaccine but it isn't complete liability protection. I would have to read the article again but there was a year, 2024 I think, where the liability protection cut out. I don't know exactly how that time limit comes into play, but it doesn't appear there is zero liability.

It was interesting to learn that this liability protection wasn't unique to covid though, all vaccines get some liability protection under the law, not just ones authorized under the emergency use program. Covid seems to have a little more though

The whole article was interesting, the part where you go to seek compensation for damages from the Dept of Health was pretty eye opening. I listened to Dr Drew a while back talking about the whole process of how drugs are developed, the super long time frames and the enormous costs before they come to market. Literally the largest expense to Big Pharma is all the legal work required. Not just patents and paperwork, but funding enough money in reserve to pay out in case the side effects turn into lawsuits, (they expect it). They roll some pretty big dice. Getting any liability protection is huge when it comes to bringing medicine to market.

hvybarrels

The FDA has been regulatory captured by Big Pharma and you should do your own research on ANYTHING your doctor prescribes these days.

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

omnigun

The FDA has been regulatory captured by Big Pharma and you should do your own research on ANYTHING your doctor prescribes these days.

Still better than hippy herbs or pretending medicine and science doesn't exist and dying.

macsak

Still better than hippy herbs or pretending medicine and science doesn't exist and dying.

please show me where he advocated that...

omnigun

please show me where he advocated that...

If you are anti 'big pharma" what's left?   The other two options....

macsak

If you are anti 'big pharma" what's left?   The other two options....

so you just posted what you feel then...

groveler

Why doesn’t your support for Bill Gates surprise me? He’s still a scumbag….  >:D
When I graduated with a Computer science degree,
I had two companies try to hire me.
US Army - the stupid shits didn't know I was a Vietnam era Vet and had already done over 5 years in the USAF.
Microsoft - everybody I ever ran into that used to work for Microsoft hated the place, but did very well money wise.
Bill Gates stole DOS and continues to this day to cheat people.
I stayed at Boeing and they upgraded me to engineering from technician.
I may have not made as much money wise, but I felt better, about the product I helped produce.
I still got to retire at age 55 in Hawaii, so I didn't do all that bad.

Flapp_Jackson

When I graduated with a Computer science degree,
I had two companies try to hire me.
US Army - the stupid shits didn't know I was a Vietnam era Vet and had already done over 5 years in the USAF.
Microsoft - everybody I ever ran into that used to work for Microsoft hated the place, but did very well money wise.
Bill Gates stole DOS and continues to this day to cheat people.
I stayed at Boeing and they upgraded me to engineering from technician.
I may have not made as much money wise, but I felt better, about the product I helped produce.
I still got to retire at age 55 in Hawaii, so I didn't do all that bad.

Actually, Bill owned DOS.  He stole the BASIC compiler from his partner when that guy's wife refused to let him sign a nondisclosure agreement with IBM until their lawyer said it was okay -- and the lawyer didn't call back during that meeting with Bill and the IBM reps.  So, IBM asked Bill if he could provide the compiler and the O/S, and Bill promised he could.  Bill wrote his own version of the BASIC compiler that was needed to compile DOS.  The only way he was able to do that was by copying the design from the original.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

The whole article was interesting, the part where you go to seek compensation for damages from the Dept of Health was pretty eye opening. I listened to Dr Drew a while back talking about the whole process of how drugs are developed, the super long time frames and the enormous costs before they come to market. Literally the largest expense to Big Pharma is all the legal work required. Not just patents and paperwork, but funding enough money in reserve to pay out in case the side effects turn into lawsuits, (they expect it). They roll some pretty big dice. Getting any liability protection is huge when it comes to bringing medicine to market.

My cousin was a pharmaceutical rep for a company and he also did some day trading. He explained how complicated it is to jump through all the FDA hoops and how many times they have to sit and wait for the FDA to decide something. Then it is apparently harder for the small companies who try to get in a drug when the big companies have a competing drug.

I have some money in a penny stock of a company that is trying to make an abuse resistant pain killed and I have been sitting on that for 6 years waiting for trial after trial after trial. And it is just a combination of 2 different drugs that already are approved, just combined so it is harder to abuse.

Flapp_Jackson

A friend of mine started a company that, among other things, runs clinical trials for generic versions of drugs.

He and his staff spent a lot of time in foreign countries, as it was much quicker, easier and cheaper to do clinical trials outside the US.

The companies developing generics don't always have the funding to run their trials in the US under FDA standards on top of all the other R&D and testing they performed.  So, they outsourced most of the trials where they could afford it.

As long as the methodologies, standards and reporting requirements were met, the FDA had no problem with their business model.  In fact, there's something to be said for bringing a competing drug to market faster which has already proven to be effective and safe, which can reduce prices for those drugs for everyone.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall