Classifieds Suggestions (Read 1542 times)

hotkarl4u

Classifieds Suggestions
« on: July 27, 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
For classifieds ads, what about posting the island the seller is on in the title?  For example:

WTS - 9mm case (Maui)

Or is it generally known that most members are in Oahu?

dogman

Re: Classifieds Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 09:27:11 PM »
https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=2.0

I believe there are a few that don't read the rules before posting a classified add.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 10:41:49 PM »
The smartest and simplest thing would be for everyone to set a value for "Location" in their profile. 

If we had an administrator with access to the proper templates, that field could be added to the member's info to the left of each post.

Since that's not likely to happen soon, you can just click on the member's (seller's) screen name and the location will be in their profile -- assuming they updated that field.

For example:

Now, if we can get a bunch of paranoid, anti-surveillance 2A supporters to put that information in their profiles ......   :geekdanc:

:shaka:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Glasser

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 08:48:13 AM »
The smartest and simplest thing would be for everyone to set a value for "Location" in their profile. 

If we had an administrator with access to the proper templates, that field could be added to the member's info to the left of each post.

Since that's not likely to happen soon, you can just click on the member's (seller's) screen name and the location will be in their profile -- assuming they updated that field.

For example:

Now, if we can get a bunch of paranoid, anti-surveillance 2A supporters to put that information in their profiles ......   :geekdanc:

:shaka:

Expand the current prefix drop down menu for creating new post that currently has WTB vs. WTS to add in islands?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 11:58:25 AM »

Expand the current prefix drop down menu for creating new post that currently has WTB vs. WTS to add in islands?

You say that like there's anyone managing this forum with

(1) sufficient privileges,

(2) sufficient understanding of the SMF settings, and

(3) the desire

to do that.

From my experience, this train is on auto-pilot, and it's a major operation to get the right person involved in fixing it when it breaks.  Forget about adding new features.

I hope I'm wrong, but that's the impression that's been given.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Glasser

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2021, 03:44:31 PM »
SMF is not exactly the cutting edge of modern forum software. This place is basically running on Netscape Navigator. Lotta better software out there, but I don't think anyone wants to put the time and effort to export everything to a new platform.