I like make Beef Brisket (Read 704 times)

QUIETShooter

I like make Beef Brisket
« on: February 03, 2024, 09:54:10 AM »
Where would be a good place to buy one?

Times Mililani makes ono brisket but understandably a bit expensive so I like make my own. ;D
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

Re: I like make Beef Brisket
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2024, 10:12:42 AM »
oh man, you gotta hit the big one in vegas to buy a brisket.

But I did get some good brisket plate from a little hole in the wall in Waipahu on Depot road by BankOH

I also got some from Bozies BBQ at the pearlridge food trucks. Bozie got a big friendly dog which I get along with.

will post some pix after I take stoopid for a walk
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2024, 10:29:37 AM »
oh man, you gotta hit the big one in vegas to buy a brisket.

But I did get some good brisket plate from a little hole in the wall in Waipahu on Depot road by BankOH

I also got some from Bozies BBQ at the pearlridge food trucks. Bozie got a big friendly dog which I get along with.

will post some pix after I take stoopid for a walk

Yeah, I was looking on-line as to where I can buy one.  Some said Costco but another one said Costco stopped selling it.

Maybe not a good idea to make my own.  Only me and wifey at home.  Probably going take a year to eat da whole ting.

mrgaf

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 12:09:25 PM »
Depending on the weight brisket can take a long time to smoke. Last one I smoked on my traeger took 11 hours….
Was broke da mout though!  :D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 08:58:47 AM »
So a couple of days ago wife and I went to Costco and I checked out the meat section for brisket.

Yeah, the briskets are huge.  No way me and wifey can eat da whole thing.

Yesterday we went to Times Mililani and we bought their cooked brisket.  Broke da mout.  I was craving it.

Ate it with hot rice, homemade cucumber kim chee, corn, peas, and horseradish with shoyu.

Stayed away from the BBQ sauce.  13 grams of sugar with12 grams added sugar for 2 tbsp serving.

I know.  The whole damn meal is taboo for a diabetic like me.  But every once in a while....... :thumbsup:

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 09:08:07 AM »
So a couple of days ago wife and I went to Costco and I checked out the meat section for brisket.

Yesterday we went to Times Mililani and we bought their cooked brisket.  Broke da mout.  I was craving it.

Ate it with hot rice, homemade cucumber kim chee, corn, peas, and horseradish with shoyu.

Stayed away from the BBQ sauce.  13 grams of sugar with12 grams added sugar for 2 tbsp serving.

I know.  The whole damn meal is taboo for a diabetic like me.  But every once in a while....... :thumbsup:
Times in town (I go to the Beretania, near Grace's) has pretty good brisket!  A bit on the oily side, but super good!  I typically look for the end part and never dry. 

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 09:38:57 AM »

seriously, that sounds like a healthy balanced meal to me.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 11:10:47 AM »
seriously, that sounds like a healthy balanced meal to me.

Actually, it's ok.  If I watch how much rice I eat.  That's the problem, lol!

Oh and the fatty part of the brisket.......yum yum!! :thumbsup:

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 12:57:04 PM »
Actually, it's ok.  If I watch how much rice I eat.  That's the problem, lol!

Oh and the fatty part of the brisket.......yum yum!! :thumbsup:
That's the best and most tasty part, but unfortunately one of the least healthy :(

Been seeing "burnt tips" on more menus in Hawaii.  Only used to see it on the mainland.  Good stuff!

macsak

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 01:28:35 PM »
https://www.bing.com/shop?q=burnt+tips&FORM=SHOPPA&originIGUID=FFBA11791A144D389925272B5B860983

ummmm
"burnt ends"

focus...

That's the best and most tasty part, but unfortunately one of the least healthy :(

Been seeing "burnt tips" on more menus in Hawaii.  Only used to see it on the mainland.  Good stuff!

drck1000

macsak

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 02:00:12 PM »
heads

the tip is what counts. . .

clips

oldfart

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2024, 02:33:09 PM »
the tip is what counts. . .

clips
TWSS
What, Me Worry?

mrgaf

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2024, 05:42:44 PM »
TWSS

Dats why gettin a yob circumcising elephants is good…..
Pay is small but plenty big tips……
🫠
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

oldfart

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2024, 05:54:19 PM »
Dats why gettin a yob circumcising elephants is good…..
Pay is small but plenty big tips……
.====
reminds me of Jewish BRIS

tips
What, Me Worry?

mrgaf

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2024, 06:35:08 PM »

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2024, 10:08:14 PM »
When I go to smoke I buy brisket from Costco. I don't think the Hawaii Kai one carries brisket though. Chef Zone is likely to have as well.

I have smoked them, baked them, and combo smoke/baked them. I like the smoke and bake method the best.