Dead (Read 488 times)

QUIETShooter

Dead
« on: April 03, 2024, 06:20:00 AM »
The pakalolo bill anyway.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

rpoL98

Re: Dead
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2024, 07:52:07 AM »
you!  dog gone it!  CLICK BAIT!

;D

hvybarrels

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 09:18:27 AM »
“We recognize that now is not the opportune time for its implementation, as we navigate the challenges of managing the largest wildfire recovery efforts in Hawaii’s history.” - Kyle Yamashita

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

rpoL98

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2024, 10:25:46 AM »
“We recognize that now is not the opportune time for its implementation, as we navigate the challenges of managing the largest wildfire recovery efforts in Hawaii’s history.” - Kyle Yamashita
not sure what that's got to do with the price of tea in china, what one has to do with the other, but if they cite that as the reason for allowing SB3196 to die, I would be very agreeable, and suddenly say, "for sure, that makes a lot of sense."  and include that with my next-year's testimony.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2024, 10:33:01 AM »
not sure what that's got to do with the price of tea in china, what one has to do with the other, but if they cite that as the reason for allowing SB3196 to die, I would be very agreeable, and suddenly say, "for sure, that makes a lot of sense."  and include that with my next-year's testimony.

Maybe the legislature could pass a resolution to introduce no new bills that involve funding of any sort until every single home destroyed in the fire has been rebuilt and the victims given the opportunity to return -- which includes repairing roads and utilities.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Rocky

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2024, 10:55:04 AM »
Maybe the legislature could pass a resolution to introduce no new bills that involve funding of any sort until every single home destroyed in the fire has been rebuilt and the victims given the opportunity to return -- which includes repairing roads and utilities.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No kick back in dat !
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2024, 11:03:09 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No kick back in dat !

Yeah, a resolution wouldn't stop a tyrannical governor.  It would have to become law -- which can be vetoed by the same tyrannical governor.

But, we can dream!   :sleeping:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall