2013 SB274: Concealed Carry Permits (Read 20857 times)

bass monkey

Re: 2013 SB274: Concealed Carry Permits
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 01:41:50 PM »
Good lord. Just read through the bill. Its like wading through mud.

My initial reaction is that while it is fairly specific about what the training courses should cover those courses would likely cover them anyway. By making such things explicit in the law the goal it to make it very clear to people who oppose CCW that ONLY good guys with a specific skill set laid out by the training requirements will qualify for CCW.

3 other items that drew my concern.

1) Written psychological evaluation. It is reasonable but a potentially dangerous provision. It has the taste of an all or nothing approach: if you FAIL the psych exam does that go on your record and the next time you apply for a permit to acquire will you be then turned down? I'd like this to made clearer so that people don't get caught in that trap. Still, I understand the provision and I can see that if this bill passes there will be threads here about which folks to go see for your evaluation. And which not to.

2) Specific prohibition of carry in schools. For f*ck's sake, this specifically eliminates the only part of a CCW system that has any hope of preventing something like Sandy Hook. Why is it that we DON'T want someone who passes these rigorous evaluations and trainings to be a certified "good guy" to be armed in schools filled with our most treasured little ones? That makes no sense. I understand it for the purposes of getting any CCW shall issue provision passed in this toxic climate but this is silly. I'd leave that up to the schools themselves rather than codify it in the CCW law.

3) Same thing for school admin buildings.

Part of me thinks that if we're going to do it we should do it right. Part of me thinks that there is no chance of it happening anyway so if certain concessions will allow its passage than it would be worth it. I doubt that even such concessions will have any affect, though. Too many parties in the state are against CCW for a variety of reasons.

We all broke the rule and read the bill.  were not suppose to do that until it already gets passed.  :wtf:

As far as the psych test. I wonder if i would fail because i cannot spell.  they would be failing people for everything.  double negative connotation, fail. Gosh almost like taking the SAT tests again.  hahahah.  All the while the elite are saying, yes, yes, very good.  I knew these    couldnt put together a well structured english sentence. permit declined. Next!!!!

hnl.flyboy

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 04:02:29 PM »

We all broke the rule and read the bill.  were not suppose to do that until it already gets passed.  :wtf:

As far as the psych test. I wonder if i would fail because i cannot spell.  they would be failing people for everything.  double negative connotation, fail. Gosh almost like taking the SAT tests again.  hahahah.  All the while the elite are saying, yes, yes, very good.  I knew these    couldnt put together a well structured english sentence. permit declined. Next!!!!

"Have you ever participated in the violent overthrow of the government?"

"Yes."

"What??"

"Not our government!  :rofl:"

This guy has a sense of humor.  FAIL!
LEX MALLA, LEX NULLA

FPC, SAF Life, HDF Life, GOA, HRA, Fun Factory VIP

bass monkey

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 04:05:32 PM »
"Have you ever participated in the violent overthrow of the government?"

"Yes."

"What??"

"Not our government!  :rofl:"

This guy has a sense of humor.  FAIL!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
ho hawaiian.

2aH Feed Poster

• State Legislative Updates
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
12/18/13 SB274: Carried over to 2014 Regular Session.
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 09:16:30 AM »
12/18/13 SB274: Carried over to 2014 Regular Session.
18 December 2013, 3:00 pm

12/18/13 SB274: Status Update

Source: SB274 Status Feed