Trump (Read 371011 times)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Trump
« Reply #1580 on: May 08, 2019, 01:44:43 PM »
Today, Chairman Nadler and the House Judicial Committee voted to hold AG Barr in contempt for refusing to break the law.   :wacko: 

Releasing the entire unreacted report would divulge grand jury testimony as well as expose information about ongoing cases. Congress passed laws to prevent that. Now they want Barr to ignore those laws.  I wonder if he actually gave them the 100% unreacted report, would Congress then impeach him for breaking the law?   :crazy:

In response, President Trump is now invoking EXECUTIVE PRIVILEGE over the entire Mueller report, the underlying documents, and is instructing Executive Branch personnel to refuse to answer Congressional requests for testimony in the matter.

The Senate Judiciary Committee (Adam Schiff) has now requested Donald Trump Jr testify before them. Since he's not a WH employee, Executive Privilege won't shield him.

This entire spectacle is meant to harass and smear the credibility of the people who will be kicking ass and taking names after DOJ/IG Horowitz's report hits the proverbial fan in about a month.

Dems are going on the offensive as a preemptive diversion from the storm they know is coming.

Pay no attention to the Congress-critters behind the curtain ....
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #1581 on: May 08, 2019, 01:52:22 PM »
Wasn't the full unredacted report released already, but had to be read in a secure location?  As in it can't leave that room.  And only 2 GOP senators came by to read it and no DNC senators stopped by.

I can't wait for the "storm" to come.  What does make me chuckle is the confidence Barr had while he drank water.  I'm not a fan of Barr due to his 2a stance, but give him credit.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1582 on: May 08, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »
Wasn't the full unredacted report released already, but had to be read in a secure location?  As in it can't leave that room.  And only 2 GOP senators came by to read it and no DNC senators stopped by.

I can't wait for the "storm" to come.  What does make me chuckle is the confidence Barr had while he drank water.  I'm not a fan of Barr due to his 2a stance, but give him credit.

The first section of the Mueller Report was on Russian Collusion. It was provided to Congress and the public with lots of redactions.

The second section on obstruction was provided to Congress and the public with very few redactions, as minimal as the DOJ & Mueller's team could legally provide.  Most of the redactions in this section are super small, not half pages at a time until near the end, mostly to do with Manafort. Since he's probably going to appeal his convictions, those passages are obviously related to ongoing court matters and not yet part of the public record.

There is a second version of the report with fewer redactions available for the House and Senate committee leaders to view which is ~ 99% unredacted. Not one Congressman has made an effort to view it.

Trump and Barr did not have to release a single letter contained in the Mueller report. They did so in the name of full transparency. You can't play fair with people who only care about hurting their political enemies, obtaining and keeping power in gov't, and avoiding  accountability for themselves.

Here's link to the public report

https://dataviz.nbcnews.com/projects/20190415-mueller-report-embed/assets/full-mueller-report.pdf
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:28:14 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
-- Melvin Udall

Mdotweber

« Reply #1583 on: May 09, 2019, 10:06:32 PM »
Mitch Mconnell's statement on Hannity in regards to Burrs subpoena of Don Jr.-
"Well, I think the good news is that Chairman Burr has already indicated that the committee will find no collusion, because that will be consistent with the Mueller investigation. I think this is going to have a happy ending. I understand the president’s frustration here, but I think this is just a blip. I think the case is closed. I think the controversy has been concluded. I don’t think the House thinks that, and I think they’re going to continue to try to stir this up, but enough already. I mean, we found out from the Mueller report that the Russians were deeply involved in it, there were something like 18 to 20 indictments of Russian companies and Russian individuals who were trying to get into the campaign and to mess with it. I think it’s over and I think it’s time to let it go and move on and deal with the people’s business."

(Translation)So we're knowingly wasting more tax dollars to keep the narrative running but that's okay because "there's no there there"

"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

changemyoil66

« Reply #1584 on: May 10, 2019, 09:15:12 AM »
Russia narrative fell apart and they're trying to salvage what they can.  But new fake news narrative is that in the 90's Trump lost a billion dollars. Which he mentioned years ago on the apprentice (on TV)  and in his book.

Trying to spin another fake news story.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1585 on: May 10, 2019, 09:20:55 AM »
Russia narrative fell apart and they're trying to salvage what they can.  But new fake news narrative is that in the 90's Trump lost a billion dollars. Which he mentioned years ago on the apprentice (on TV)  and in his book.

Trying to spin another fake news story.

And what he experienced 30 years ago in his business ventures in no way applies to his fitness for President of the US.  His policies have already proven he's financially competent with a grasp for the big picture.

More distractions.
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #1586 on: May 10, 2019, 09:34:10 AM »
And what he experienced 30 years ago in his business ventures in no way applies to his fitness for President of the US.  His policies have already proven he's financially competent with a grasp for the big picture.

More distractions.

Correctomundo.  He actually mentioned in the 90's that the real estate crash is what caused the loss, but he was able to rebuild.  Many real estate moguls were not able to.  IIRC, his book he wrote was about the rebuilding.

The DNC will find anything they can to try and make him look bad.  Funniest meme (fictional) I saw.  Asked by a liberal how he sleeps at night?  Response: Naked with a supermodel.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1587 on: May 10, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »
Correctomundo.  He actually mentioned in the 90's that the real estate crash is what caused the loss, but he was able to rebuild.  Many real estate moguls were not able to.  IIRC, his book he wrote was about the rebuilding.

The DNC will find anything they can to try and make him look bad.  Funniest meme (fictional) I saw.  Asked by a liberal how he sleeps at night?  Response: Naked with a supermodel.

They say he only sleeps an average of 4 hours a night.

If I had a wife like his, I'd be too busy to sleep, too!   :thumbsup:
-- Melvin Udall

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1588 on: May 11, 2019, 10:56:28 AM »
Liberals: We spend too much on our military.  That money should be used to fix some of the problems in the US we never have enough funding to do.

Also LiberalsYou can't spend military funding on a border wall!  That money is needed for our national security!

(Hint: A border wall is necessary for our national security.)

The Pentagon has approved a plan to spend an additional $1.5 billion to build 80 more miles of wall along the
U.S.-Mexico border, a U.S. defense official confirmed to Fox News Friday.

Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan approved the re-allocation of funds, which were originally earmarked
for support of Afghan security forces and other projects, to help pay for the wall along the southern border.

In March, Shanahan approved the first transfer of Defense Department dollars and redirected $1 billion to help
build nearly 60 miles of wall in Yuma, Ariz. and El Paso, Texas.

The combined total of $2.5 billion is in response to President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the
border.

But the plan to divert Pentagon funding has sparked criticism from congressional Democrats, who accused Shanahan
of not seeking approval to “reprogram” the funds without congressional authority. Shanahan and other senior defense
officials claimed in response they did not have to get permission from Congress despite the objections from Democratic
lawmakers.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pentagon-approves-plan-to-shift-1-5b-for-wall-along-us-mexico-border

-- Melvin Udall

drck1000

« Reply #1589 on: May 13, 2019, 08:07:21 AM »
Holy $hit!  Look for blue moons, pigs flying, etc.  Steve Inskeep was questioning a D congressman from CA and was actually posing somewhat fair questions regarding holding Holder in contempt during Obama administration.  I didn't get to listen to the whole segment, but it wasn't the usual one sided blather or serving up juicy pitches to be hit out of the park. . .

changemyoil66

« Reply #1590 on: May 13, 2019, 11:15:25 AM »
Didn't get to look into it to much, but did we win another deal with China.  Barry set up a good deal with soy beans being sent there.  Pigs were a huge consumer.  Swine Flu hitting China hard, so soy beans not needed as much.  But other products needed which Trump is taxing due to pork stoppages. 4D chess?

drck1000

« Reply #1591 on: May 13, 2019, 03:37:51 PM »
Didn't get to look into it to much, but did we win another deal with China.  Barry set up a good deal with soy beans being sent there.  Pigs were a huge consumer.  Swine Flu hitting China hard, so soy beans not needed as much.  But other products needed which Trump is taxing due to pork stoppages. 4D chess?
That one is begging for some "Macsak" comment.   :rofl:

Seems like a battle of wills and high stakes game of chicken.  Who can outlast who before they start bending.  Who has more to risk and will cave first.  Trump has the 2020 election coming up, so China prob feels they can hopefully either wait him out or maybe even cause enough problems to get him out.  Not an economist by any means, but I'm thinking China can squeeze their side harder than the US can.  Will the China dealing and NK nuke thing harm or hurt.  Will have to wait and see. . .

changemyoil66

« Reply #1592 on: May 14, 2019, 02:52:35 PM »

They do have a worm problem also eating their grain, wheat, rice.  So again, new tarrifs Trump created will be a win for us.

changemyoil66

« Reply #1593 on: May 16, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
Lets see how the fake news spins this

"We believe that criminals who murder police officers should immediatly, but with trial get the death penalty".

Remember the dnc loves criminals.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6716J

« Reply #1594 on: May 16, 2019, 12:42:32 PM »

Macsak: "heads"
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #1595 on: May 16, 2019, 09:56:09 PM »
Dominos starting to fall?

Insurection act
Ukrain investigation for 2016
NVIXM sex cult (but 1 Kevin spacey witness hit by car and killed recently & Spielberg/Hanks accuser "committed suicide")

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 09:00:38 AM by changemyoil66 »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1596 on: May 22, 2019, 12:43:01 PM »
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #1597 on: May 22, 2019, 01:15:13 PM »
Thanks for that vid.

Check out vids of his softer side.  When the way he talks to children or victims of crimes.  Even had a girl on the news once saying "I didn't expect Trump to be so sincere.  He's not what the news paints him to be".  That clip was never aired again and is hard to find.  IIRC she was at the hospital for an active shooting event that happened.  Trump and Melania visited the victims.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #1598 on: May 23, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »
Nancy Pelosi said the President has BROKEN THE LAW:  he's "engaged in a cover-up."

When Nixon was facing impeachment and resigned, the slogan adopted by the press was "the cover-up is always worse than the crime."

Now we need a new slogan.  Something like, "We have to continue to investigate the President until we find what he's covering up."

He must be doing a great job covering-up if the Democrats can't even tell in what crime he's hiding his involvement!   :rofl:

At least Watergate was an actual crime -- not a hoax based on fallacious & unverifiable opposition research which was debunked by a 2+ year Special Council investigation, an FBI investigation, a Senate investigation, and a House investigation..

I suppose Mueller is engaged in the cover-up, too.
-- Melvin Udall

punaperson

« Reply #1599 on: May 23, 2019, 02:28:58 PM »

I suppose Mueller is engaged in the cover-up, too.
Weissmann, er, I mean Mueller was subject to threats/blackmail from Trump and other Russian agents?

I still want to see Mueller testify and have the Republicans read each sentence of the entire 400+ pages and after each one ask, "Did you, personally, write that sentence for the report?"