My competition 2018 (Read 8324 times)

groveler

Re: My competition 2018
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 04:29:57 PM »
I got the Sig Sauer P320RX today and tried it out.  I was going to look at other suggested guns like CZ and Walther but been really busy nowadays so just got this from awesome Dwayne at Danger Close Tactical.  This will be my primary gun since it feels more accurate and is 9mm. I'll use the Glock 22 for a couple matches.

Another reason for the P320RX is I wanted to try using a red dot scope later and it came with one.  Competition is irons only so Ill take it off for now.  The gun feels really good in my hand and its not as slippery as my Glock Gen2.  Trigger is a step above with a crisper break.

My first shots felt really awkward.  The recoil felt very sloppy, like a wet noodle, compared to the crisp, abrupy, recoil on the Glock.  Guess its the high bore axis.  Got used to it after a hundred rounds.  My rapid fire strings up so gotta work on that.

Slow fire is pretty accurate and should improve as I get used to the gun.  Left handed consistanty groups a bit to the right.

I got the Safariland holster for it with sls/als.  Going to use it for open carry when we win the suit.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

"I got the Safariland holster for it with sls/als.  Going to use it for open carry when we win the suit."

I thought we won North v Hawaii.  I can't find a lawyer to explain it to me, or I'd be open carrying tomorrow.
I'm in Hawaii county, just was refused a conceal carry permit.  No En Blanc requested so the 9th Circus
decision stands.  We have  one lawyer here that does criminal cases.  I'm trying to decide which gun to
Fed-Ex in and register as any confiscated gun here is never returned( I keep my guns on the mainland).
Our "Professional" cops will run me through the system, just because they can and it will cost me money,
and no sweat of their brows, if they do wrong, as there is no oversight here.
Obviously I despise Hawaii county cops.
Please don't give me the BS about who to call if I need help.
It sure isn't going to be a trigger happy, power mad,  nut that is over 20 minutes away.

zippz

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2018, 04:37:18 PM »
Last day of training.  Fired about 175 rnds of 9mm through my Sig P320 and Glock 43 and I'm satisfied with my groups and times.  Shot about 150 rounds of 38spl and my revolver shooting and reloads have improved greatly over the past month where I can keep my shots in the 9 ring at 15 yards rapid firing.  Practiced barricade drills at Koko Head using those zeroing gun rests and I really suck at that.  People brace against the barricade for extra accuracy, but it throws my accuracy way off.  Left handed my shots string vertically on the right edge of the paper.  I give up, I'm just going to shoot it unsupported.

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

zippz

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 07:18:04 PM »
I made it to New Mexico for the NRA PPC.  Ammo was waiting for me and gear all ready for tomorrows practice day.  I'm out gunned compared to everyone elses gear, but I figured I'd try this out and learn what people use incase I get more into it next year.  With running the new gun org, instructing, and work its difficult to put in the time to be competitive.  If I'm not competitive then it may not be worth buying match gear.

Went to Cabelas and saw these pop guns, would be great for an open carry rally.  Then Freddys for burgers and shakes, and Chipotles for dinner. 

Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

oldfart

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 08:07:34 PM »
Good luck brother.....
Watch your front sight
BTW,  what do those pop guns do?
What, Me Worry?

London808

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2018, 09:37:40 PM »
Good luck brother.....
Watch your front sight
BTW,  what do those pop guns do?

It has a cork on a string, you fire it like a slam fire shotgun. Cork pops out, you slide the barrel forward and it pops the cork back in and repeat
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

oldfart

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »
It has a cork on a string, you fire it like a slam fire shotgun. Cork pops out, you slide the barrel forward and it pops the cork back in and repeat
=========
 hmmmm, I've never seen one like that.
 I may have had a lever action cork gun before but that might be pre-memory days.
What, Me Worry?

macsak

« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2018, 05:13:22 AM »
=========
 hmmmm, I've never seen one like that.
 I may have had a lever action cork gun before but that might be pre-memory days.

or maybe you had a traumatic incident that made you forget the details of the cork gun
I demand an FBI investigation

oldfart

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 05:50:47 AM »
or maybe you had a traumatic incident that made you forget the details of the cork gun
I demand an FBI investigation
Haha ...... good one
 :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 07:39:47 AM »
Good luck in the competition!

Don't worry about what everyone else has.  You've put in the work and just enjoy the competition.  When I first got involved in IPSC/USPSA, I had what I thought was good.  But like any hobby/activity, once you get more into it, you learn what you need and could do better with.  That's part of the fun, but can be expensive.

And those chili fries make me want to get some for lunch. . .

Drakiir84

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 07:53:01 AM »
Good luck brother, and more importantly HAVE FUN!!!!
"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."
-Jeff Cooper

Eric808

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 09:29:01 AM »
Have fun and enjoy the experience, share those pics, and can wait to hear or read about it.

zippz

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 02:30:43 AM »
Yesterday was pistol zero and practice.  Shot around 250 rounds out of my p320 and sw686 from 7 to 50 yards.  My 50 yard zeros are way off with my P320 so I have to aim at the right shoulder.  The suppressor sights shoot low, so I may replace them or grind down the front sight later.

I'm shooting okay, I have to get some flyers into the scoring rings at 50 yards shooting left handed .

zippz

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2018, 04:15:11 AM »
Its the weekend.  Attending a free Glock armorers class today.

Teichi

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2018, 11:53:41 AM »
Results of the NRA National Police Shooting Championships are posted here for 2018 https://lecompetitions.nra.org/national-police-shooting-championship/match-results-by-year

There were about 160 participants from around the US. Congratulations to our Honolulu PD shooters that did well.

drck1000

« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2018, 12:00:47 PM »
Results of the NRA National Police Shooting Championships are posted here for 2018 https://lecompetitions.nra.org/national-police-shooting-championship/match-results-by-year

There were about 160 participants from around the US. Congratulations to our Honolulu PD shooters that did well.
Cool!  I saw at least a couple of familiar names, some that I've shot with before.  Great stuff!  :thumbsup:

zippz

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2018, 06:01:50 PM »
Back home.  Been busy the last few days getting ready for the gun show after my matches.  Ill write more about it next week.