Arizona 2A Forum (Read 3202 times)

Inspector

Arizona 2A Forum
« on: August 01, 2020, 03:47:14 AM »
So I thought I would get involved in the local AZ 2A community. I started posting on a local 2A forum and OMFG, I was literally attacked by the board “Know-it-All” almost immediately. His attack continued for hours. Some guys threatened to leave the board because they are tired of his BS. He was doing the same thing to them. Being new to the board, I just ignored him for a while. But he continued attacking me because I was discussing my opinion with another member and he didn’t like it I guess. He continued his insults over several hours. I finally ended it by trolling him and he fell for it and I turned it around on him and made him look foolish in front of everyone. Believe it or not he stopped. For now. Usually, guys like this don’t realize they made a fool of themselves in front of everyone. I know the attacks will continue as time goes on. I’m apparently not the only one he does this to.

What was it that he attacked me over? A difference in opinion in how someone should learn reloading. Usually, this sort of person will dig in on subjects like politics. And I expect that sort of thing with political views. But learning to reload? Funny thing is he was smart enough to realize that I had trolled him. But not smart enough to not fall for it. I have been on FB and Twitter almost since the beginning of time. And I have never had anyone go after me so hard over something so manini.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

mrgaf

Re: Arizona 2A Forum
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:35 AM »
So I thought I would get involved in the local AZ 2A community. I started posting on a local 2A forum and OMFG, I was literally attacked by the board “Know-it-All” almost immediately. His attack continued for hours. Some guys threatened to leave the board because they are tired of his BS. He was doing the same thing to them. Being new to the board, I just ignored him for a while. But he continued attacking me because I was discussing my opinion with another member and he didn’t like it I guess. He continued his insults over several hours. I finally ended it by trolling him and he fell for it and I turned it around on him and made him look foolish in front of everyone. Believe it or not he stopped. For now. Usually, guys like this don’t realize they made a fool of themselves in front of everyone. I know the attacks will continue as time goes on. I’m apparently not the only one he does this to.

What was it that he attacked me over? A difference in opinion in how someone should learn reloading. Usually, this sort of person will dig in on subjects like politics. And I expect that sort of thing with political views. But learning to reload? Funny thing is he was smart enough to realize that I had trolled him. But not smart enough to not fall for it. I have been on FB and Twitter almost since the beginning of time. And I have never had anyone go after me so hard over something so manini.

I guess all forums are plagued with people like him. Big shot behind the keyboard. Guess it comes with the territory. Best to ignore.
Stay safe!
 :D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

robtmc

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2020, 08:23:19 AM »
I guess all forums are plagued with people like him. Big shot behind the keyboard. Guess it comes with the territory. Best to ignore.
Yeah, run into those on my local newsrag websites.   Worst are the ones that act like little rat dogs, following you around and humping your leg or biting your ankle.

robtmc

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 10:17:00 AM »
So I thought I would get involved in the local AZ 2A community. I started posting on a local 2A forum

Mind sharing what that forum address is?  As I plan on moving to Arizona once I get the wife configured, might be good for a bit of local education.

drck1000

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 10:23:57 AM »
Funny thing is he was smart enough to realize that I had trolled him. But not smart enough to not fall for it. I have been on FB and Twitter almost since the beginning of time. And I have never had anyone go after me so hard over something so manini.
So you’re saying you’re old... :hmm:

It’s funny when they try that stuff on folks that have a lot of experience on forums. Like you, I used to be Mod on a “mainland” gun forum and even co-owner of another forum. We see those types all the time. Many prob never even leave their mother’s basement let alone actually shoot or do whatever the forum is about. Think gun owners are knowitalls? Try going on forums for power tools. A buddy showed me the stuff that goes on on forums like for chainsaws. I have never owned nor want to own a chainsaw, but even I could tell who the “me knowitall, but know nothing”. Similar to gun forums where they think they know because they heard it from someone they respect and then blindly parrot it as truth. Remind you of anyone?

PM some links. I’m down to read for entertainment value. 😝

macsak

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 11:00:18 AM »

It’s funny when they try that stuff on folks that have a lot of experience on forums. Like you, I used to be Mod on a “mainland” gun forum and even co-owner of another forum. We see those types all the time. Many prob never even leave their mother’s basement let alone actually shoot or do whatever the forum is about. Think gun owners are knowitalls? Try going on forums for power tools. A buddy showed me the stuff that goes on on forums like for chainsaws. I have never owned nor want to own a chainsaw, but even I could tell who the “me knowitall, but know nothing”. Similar to gun forums where they think they know because they heard it from someone they respect and then blindly parrot it as truth. Remind you of anyone?

heads

groveler

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »

IIRC you worked and lived in Seattle for a while and you don't own a chainsaw?
I own 5. From 16 to 24 inches.
Don't ask why I have so many.
3 are broke.
My SIL was a contract Faller.
and logger.
His equipment was the best.
He quit logging due to injuries.
Tough life and tough men.

ren

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 01:57:30 PM »
3 are broke.
and logger.

Cool story bro! :thumbsup:
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 03:12:06 PM »
3 are broke.
That’s not so many.  I have 15,  ranging in size from a tiny Makita 4.5 inch 18V to a Stihl MS880 for which I have 36, 42 and 60 inch bars. 

disclaimer: I made my living cutting trees.

OK,  :stopjack:  Inspector, Post a link to that forum. I also wouldn’t mind checking it out.

zippz

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 04:45:39 PM »
The Arizona 2A club is https://azcdl.org/.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 04:55:03 PM »
I know it's off topic, but I'll use a Stop Jack emot.  That'll make it okay.   :rofl:

I don't use a chain saw often, but when I do, I want it to work.  Invariably, the fuel line is rotted, the fuel path is clogged, or something else keeps it from starting.  Of course, it's not obvious there's a major problem until I've tried pulling the cord half a million times!   :wtf:

I now use an EGO battery electric chain saw.  Had it for almost 2 years, and it never fails.  I've removed several medium to YUUUUGE trees from my property, as well as pruned a dozen more.

Wish they'd made a chain saw like this 30 years ago that had the power and battery life to take down tall trees.

Also, no engine noise or gas-oil fumes in the face.   :thumbsup:

:stopjack:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 07:34:39 PM »
Ive never used a chainsaw b4. And up until last week, ive never been on a ladder (except fire engine ladder).  Nor have i been on a roof.

Indoor dog checking in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dogman

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2020, 08:22:42 PM »
Ive never used a chainsaw b4. And up until last week, ive never been on a ladder (except fire engine ladder).  Nor have i been on a roof.

Indoor dog checking in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
But you like shooting guns  :thumbsup:
 :stopjack: it's okay :wave:

Rocky

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2020, 09:36:26 AM »

Thank God we have no such critters on this webpage.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
As for chainsaws, since most are used rarely, if you don't have a gas line shut off, be sure to drain the tank.
Then in either case, run it dry by throttling choke and never use ethanol gas. 
JMHO but $hit starts !  :D
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Inspector

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2020, 10:14:03 AM »
Thank God we have no such critters on this webpage.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
You mean like....  Aww I won’t name names. They either know who they are already or are such idiots they will never realize how they act.  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2020, 10:26:06 AM »
You mean like....  Aww I won’t name names. They either know who they are already or are such idiots they will never realize how they act.  :rofl:
What did I do this time?  :(

:rofl:

drck1000

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 10:29:12 AM »
3 are broke.
and logger.
Most of my 11 years there was up in Pill Hill. I moved out to Everett area, but that area was fully developed already.

I mean we used chainsaws when we want camping or helping clean up a buddies cabin. But like gun, they are tools to me. That grown adults can argue over stuff that doesn’t really matter just baffles me. Think Ford and Chevy guys have nothing on the Husqvarna and Stihl camps.

groveler

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2020, 10:59:02 AM »
Most of my 11 years there was up in Pill Hill. I moved out to Everett area, but that area was fully developed already.

I mean we used chainsaws when we want camping or helping clean up a buddies cabin. But like gun, they are tools to me. That grown adults can argue over stuff that doesn’t really matter just baffles me. Think Ford and Chevy guys have nothing on the Husqvarna and Stihl camps.
Old school time;
You forgot
Poulan(now Husky), Homelite, and McColloch!
That is like talking about Glock and Sig
and ignoring Ruger, Astra, and Colt.
I own two Stihl, two Poulan and a very dead Homelite.
I don't have a Glock or a Sig.
Enjoy your Sunday!

drck1000

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2020, 11:06:52 AM »
Old school time;
You forgot
Poulan(now Husky), Homelite, and McColloch!
That is like talking about Glock and Sig
and ignoring Ruger, Astra, and Colt.
I own two Stihl, two Poulan and a very dead Homelite.
I don't have a Glock or a Sig.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Didn’t forget. Never knew. Haha. That’s not true. I’ve heard of McColloch.

I have a Ruger and Colt handguns. Both were my dad’s. Don’t forget HK, lots of HK fanbois here, esp the notrealdoctor.

Thanks! Had my coffee and relaxing now.  :shaka:

macsak

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2020, 11:16:34 AM »

heads