Shooting diamond head (Read 20828 times)

stangzilla

nathanm14fan

Re: Shooting diamond head
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
The rash of shootings continue. Just saw that one cop KIA, one in extremely critical condition. Just got passed on H1 east by multiple HPD POVs and a HFD command center van.

stangzilla

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 10:45:57 AM »
By la pietra
I hear a lot of sirens

SNKRS808

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 11:30:05 AM »
2 officers passed.

Heavies

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 03:28:05 PM »
Very sad and disgusting.

My condolences to my LE family and friends.   

Very very disgusting

hvybarrels

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 04:29:41 PM »
The guy had a history of mental illness and was cited for calling 911 several times because he believed that there were government agents stalking him. There is a video of cops giving him a ticket where he is clearly intoxicated or mentally unbalanced and has no idea what is going on. We have no system when it comes to mental health other than let them run around loose on the street like feral animals until they get run over by a car or die of staph infections. The only reason this guy was not on the street was because of the kindness of the lady who he stabbed.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

All_rice

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2020, 06:35:13 PM »
Ballard said shooter didn’t have permits for any weapons
Land of the free, because of the Brave!

edster48

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2020, 06:40:15 PM »
Ballard said shooter didn’t have permits for any weapons

It doesn't matter.
We're all going to pay the price for the government's incompetence in dealing with mental illness.
Always be yourself.
Unless you can be a pirate.
Then always be a pirate.

Rocky

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 06:43:45 PM »
Our condolences to LE entire family(s) and friends.    :(
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Super Dave

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 06:44:08 PM »
God bless our police officers and emergency responders.  They do a great job. 

Jl808

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

causa mortis

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 08:58:06 PM »
News articles are stating he may have used the ever dreadful AR15 "assault rifle." Watch the local political scum use this as an excuse for more California like restrictions.

Bota-CS1

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2020, 09:01:05 PM »
News articles are stating he may have used the ever dreadful AR15 "assault rifle." Watch the local political scum use this as an excuse for more California like restrictions.

They're already calling for the outright ban on modern sporting rifles with SB 2626
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

causa mortis

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2020, 09:21:11 PM »
They're already calling for the outright ban on modern sporting rifles with SB 2626

I know. I'm just saying the DemoncRATS will use this event as a prime example why they need to pass their unconstitutional bullshit. The house is still smoldering and they're going to cite this a reason why there's a moral imperative to cede more of our rights to these authoritarians.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2020, 09:59:08 PM »
The big question is whether there was enough information to have kept him confined. Was there nothing that could have been done or did the system fail somewhere?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2020, 12:21:25 AM »
The big question is whether there was enough information to have kept him confined. Was there nothing that could have been done or did the system fail somewhere?

Could something have been done by "the system?"

YES

Could something have been done by "the system" without violating the civil rights of everyone else who didn't kill anyone today, but who happens to fit the criteria they pretend predicted this one man would become violent?

NO
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2020, 11:58:58 AM »
It takes training and skill to shoot two people in the head. Doesn't sound like it occurred up close. I wonder what his background was. The videos of him show that he has difficulty operating a pen, let alone a knife and a rifle.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2020, 12:09:30 PM »
It takes training and skill to shoot two people in the head. Doesn't sound like it occurred up close. I wonder what his background was. The videos of him show that he has difficulty operating a pen, let alone a knife and a rifle.

Have to wait for more details before making any judgments on skill level.

At this point, it's just your/our imagination at work.
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

rklapp

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2020, 04:27:00 PM »
It doesn't take much imagination to know that it would be very difficult for an amateur to make those shots. Of course, Oswald seemed to have managed it, allegedly.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

drck1000

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 08:38:10 AM »
Seems like he was under the influence in the body cam footage where he's getting the citation.  Maybe that's just how he is.  In either case, the guy is obviously not well, or a very good actor.  From reports of his neighbors, I would tend to believe the former. 

And so much that isn't known at this point and we may never know.  Like mentioned above, rational folks tend to wait until more details and facts are known before jumping to conclusions.