The RNC considering blocking anyone from challenging Trump (Read 2215 times)

eyeeatingfish

The RNC considering blocking anyone from challenging Trump
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
The RNC is a private organization just like the DNC so they can do what they want but I find this troubling. If there is no one to challenge Trump in the state then it isn't an issue but if there is a challenger I don't think the RNC should try to shut them out from being able to run. In this case someone is challenging Trump. This is the kind of dirty work the DNC pulled on Sanders to support Hillary. That move cost the democrats a lot of votes so I think there is a good chance it would cost republicans a lot of votes as well. Bad move in my opinion.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/04/681987077/rnc-members-want-to-block-a-primary-challenge-to-trump-but-the-rules-may-stop-th
https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/election/article234786002.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/06/us/politics/states-drop-republican-primaries.html

changemyoil66

Re: The RNC considering blocking anyone from challenging Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 09:28:29 AM »
The GOP doesn't have to block anyone, the Trump train is far to strong.  Sounds like fear  news being spread by the DNC to harm Trump.

Or maybe no one is running, so  a primary isn't even needed.  IDK of anyone running against him so far.  Compared to the DNC who has 20 candidates.  That's why the GOP has no debate and the DNC had 3 already.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 10:05:32 AM »
Wrong.

Primaries cost the party a lot of money -- money they can use to win races in the general election, including President.

Primaries are run by the party officials in each state.

Primaries are not necessary to pick a nominee.  That's done officially at the convention via delegates.  Delegates usually cast their votes based on primaries but that's not mandated.

Canceling a primary is not the same as rigging the primaries for one party-preferred candidate over the other.  I don't expect you to agree, because if you did, you wouldn't have made such a stupid comment.

Canceling is a transparent decision, while rigging the primaries is a sneaky tactic that wasted not only the party's money spent holding the primaries, but also Bernie's donors' money.  They donated with the belief that Bernie had a fair shot at being nominated.  Canceling avoids the dog-and-pony show (and expense) when the outcome is already a given.  It's the smart path to take for everyone concerned, especially for the voters who send their hard-earned money to candidates hoping they'll succeed.

This is nothing like the Hillary/Bernie debacle.

Hillary lost votes because a good number of Dems were supporting Bernie, either because they liked his policies better, or they simply hated her as a candidate.

Once Hildabeast won enough delegates and was guaranteed the nomination, most Bernie-Bros became soured on voting for her.  There was also a good number of Hillary voters who decided to not even vote because of the email scandal, her demonization of half the country as deplorables, and obviously the rigging of the primaries.

As usual, your "opinion" of what's happening re: GOP and Trump is not based on actual facts.  You can spin this however you want (as are the Liberal media hacks), but there is no similarity at all.

We aren't talking about running for 8th grade class president.  These primary elections, campaign ads and opportunity costs (money they'll need to use in the general) are huge.  Wasting all of those resources to paint a picture of "fairness" when Trump WILL BE the nominee barring any health issues would be unwise.

If the DNC wanted to waste the GOP's war chest, running a candidate with no chance of winning in the GOP primary -- just to force a primary to be held -- would not be beneath them.  These are PARTY primaries.  Any real Republican wanting party support in the future won't be challenging Trump.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 10:13:46 AM by Flapp_Jackson »
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 01:11:42 PM »
Hawaii doesn't have a Presidential primary, they Caucus.
Hawaii  primaries everything else.
Since Hawaii is a given for Trump, and will vote for whatever
Democrat get selected at their national convention.  I don't expect
we'll get much attention.
For the rest of the country Trump seems to do OK with his rallies.
I really don't think the cost of primaries will be a big deal for him.

As for the Democrat critters . I hope they shred each other.
Personally I think Democrat Hawaiians will select Beto, or Buttplug
they  "fit" the typical Hawaiian Democrat mentality, better than Tulsi
and other "persons of color".
I think the rich, old,  white Democrats will be rejected.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »
The GOP doesn't have to block anyone, the Trump train is far to strong.  Sounds like fear  news being spread by the DNC to harm Trump.

Or maybe no one is running, so  a primary isn't even needed.  IDK of anyone running against him so far.  Compared to the DNC who has 20 candidates.  That's why the GOP has no debate and the DNC had 3 already.

Joe Walsh is running against Trump on the republican ticket as well as two others.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Republican_Party_presidential_primaries#Candidates

Sure, Trump has a significant advantage over them but that doesn't mean the GOP should take away our opportunity to have a say.

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 09:29:36 PM »
Wrong.

Nothing I said is factually incorrect but the Trump sheep will find any justification they can to not have to question their blind loyalty to Trump.

I know, I know, how dare any conservative dare speak against your lord and savior.

changemyoil66

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 09:28:44 AM »
Nothing I said is factually incorrect but the Trump sheep will find any justification they can to not have to question their blind loyalty to Trump.

I know, I know, how dare any conservative dare speak against your lord and savior.

This goes for any sheep for anything.  Not only politics.

Trump has let me down on the bump stock law and no reciprocity.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 10:05:49 AM »

People who have no valid arguments and can't accept they're wrong will often resort to attacking the person as a "sheep" or blind follower of some ideology or public figure.

His troll comments require no responses.  Engaging only encourages more stupid posts.   :wacko:   :stopjack:
-- Melvin Udall

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2019, 10:23:30 PM »
People who have no valid arguments and can't accept they're wrong will often resort to attacking the person as a "sheep" or blind follower of some ideology or public figure.

His troll comments require no responses.  Engaging only encourages more stupid posts.   :wacko:   :stopjack:

Haha, so you are just going to ignore me when I prove you wrong? Okay.  :shaka:

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2019, 10:24:18 PM »

Very true.

Just to be clear, I wasn't claiming you to be a Trump sheep.

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 09:31:12 AM »
Very true.

Just to be clear, I wasn't claiming you to be a Trump sheep.

I know, I'm just throwing it out there.  That's why I'm on the fence about him.  He has done so much for the nation, but let me down on the 1 right that he said "the war on the 2nd amendment is over".  So do I support for the greater good and forgive his mistake on something that I hold dear?  Or do I  vote for what ever wacko the DNC nominates?

When was the last time a DNC president passed any actual bans?  Regan-AWB.  Clinton-AWB 10 year.  Trump-Bumpstock

I know no politician will do 100% of what I agree with, but the 2a is a HUGE deal to me.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 09:43:52 AM »
I know, I'm just throwing it out there.  That's why I'm on the fence about him.  He has done so much for the nation, but let me down on the 1 right that he said "the war on the 2nd amendment is over".  So do I support for the greater good and forgive his mistake on something that I hold dear?  Or do I  vote for what ever wacko the DNC nominates?

When was the last time a DNC president passed any actual bans?  Regan-AWB.  Clinton-AWB 10 year.  Trump-Bumpstock

I know no politician will do 100% of what I agree with, but the 2a is a HUGE deal to me.

Obama enacted an EO rule that required the Social Security Administration to report disability-benefit recipients with mental health conditions to the FBI’s background check system, which is used to screen firearm buyers. Donald Trump, rescinded the rule in 2017.

The rule was the beginning of a "slippery slope" that classified certain groups of people as unfit to be trusted to defend themselves with guns, even though many are the ones who need guns as they are unable to run or fight.

Denying rights to groups of individuals with no individual evaluation flies in the face of civil rights.
-- Melvin Udall

groveler

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 01:14:40 PM »
Obama enacted an EO rule that required the Social Security Administration to report disability-benefit recipients with mental health conditions to the FBI’s background check system, which is used to screen firearm buyers. Donald Trump, rescinded the rule in 2017.

The rule was the beginning of a "slippery slope" that classified certain groups of people as unfit to be trusted to defend themselves with guns, even though many are the ones who need guns as they are unable to run or fight.

Denying rights to groups of individuals with no individual evaluation flies in the face of civil rights.
"Denying rights to groups of individuals with no individual evaluation flies in the face of civil rights."
Let's see,  Hawaii just passed a "red flag" law that does exactly that.
Want to see where the mainland is going? Just look at Hawaii.
Hawaii Democrats are bigger nutcases than the Mainland Democrats, for now.
I prefer to stand my ground here.  At least Oahu Tyrants can't drive their troops here.