I am the gun owner you hate (Read 1524 times)

mauidog

I am the gun owner you hate
« on: January 10, 2016, 03:06:50 PM »
To the man I sat next to on the train:
I am the gun owner you hate

To the man I sat next to on my way in to Boston:

When I boarded the commuter rail, you were already in the midst of a spirited phone conversation and didn’t seem to care
about how loud you were talking. You were talking with someone about the Paris train attack and the growing
epidemic of gun violence in America.

You spoke about the “murderous NRA” and “bloodthirsty gun nuts” who were causing our schools to “run red
with blood.” You spoke profanely of the Republicans who opposed President Obama’s call for “sensible gun control,"
and you lamented the number of “inbred redneck politicians” who have “infiltrated Capitol Hill.”

I found myself amazed at the irony of the situation.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/editorials/2016/01/08/man-sat-next-train-gun-owner-you-hate/w5XKxwAjcVlve2x7HfpP9O/story.html

:thumbsup:
An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.   -- Jeff Cooper

robtmc

Re: I am the gun owner you hate
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »
I replied to a thread on this on another site I frequent, that I was shocked that Massaliberals are even allowed CCW.

I was informed that it was not that uncommon in outlying counties away from Boston. 

Open carry is legal as well, but not advisable, as any liberal can call 911 and have you arrested for causing "a public disturbance", which kills your chances of being granted a CCW or revoking what you already have.

eyeeatingfish

Re: I am the gun owner you hate
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 08:23:57 PM »
What a very well written piece.