Stimulus Check (Read 16547 times)

RSN172

Stimulus Check
« on: March 29, 2020, 07:26:04 AM »
If you are getting a stimulus check,  what do you plan to do with it?  My wife and I, being retired and now making no where near $150,000, should get the full amount of $2400.  After putting $1500 into savings,  I plan to get a high quality 80% aluminum billet and jig and stockpile more Mountain House food.  What are you planning to do?

oldfart

Re: Stimulus Check
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 07:46:13 AM »
I was just about to post the same question :rofl:

To me, since I'm still working and collecting a regular paycheck, I feel a tinge of guilt collecting money like that.
There are others that lost their jobs that could really use a boost.

I'll donate some to various charities first.
I'll bank some.
But a couple days ago I had a chance to fondle a Sig365 and I think I'm in love.
 :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

TastesLikeMetal

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 08:31:30 AM »
Sit on it as long as possible and wait for the dust to settle work wise.  Ideal situation this blows over and I can find some Milsurp stuff I wanted.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 08:37:36 AM by TastesLikeMetal »

Rocky

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 08:45:40 AM »

To me, since I'm still working and collecting a regular paycheck, I feel a tinge of guilt collecting money like that.

I'll bank some.
But a couple days ago I had a chance to fondle a Sig365 and I think I'm in love.

I lost my job and could really use a Sig, HK, Ammo Makers Mark boost.   :D
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

hvybarrels

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 09:09:57 AM »
If I get unemployment straightening out I will invest in my side business, which looks like it could be my main business for a while
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2020, 09:41:37 AM »
=========
I'll produce a commercial for "The Rocky Relief Fund" with brown barefoot babies and buzzing flies.
We'll split the profit and get rich$$$
What, Me Worry?

Rocky

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2020, 10:07:11 AM »
=========
I'll produce a commercial for "The Rocky Relief Fund" with brown barefoot babies Babes and buzzing flies.   :D
We'll split the profit and get rich$$$
FIFY
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 10:14:28 AM »
FIFY
====
That sounds suspiciously like the Corona party bus commercial.
Sorry, no video available.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2020, 10:32:34 AM »
Haven't put much thought to it.  I am doing just fine as it is, my 401k and other investments aside.  Maybe even saving more money than usual as I'm eating at home more and "spending" less on hobbies, especially shooting where I had been shooting quite a bit the past few months.  I've been going for takeout food to support restaurants and bars that I had been going to, so maybe a bit more of that.  Putting the $$$ back out to those who are really hurting. 

While I wasn't against the stimulus, I do personally have mixed feelings about it. . .

drck1000

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 10:33:38 AM »
You could use a Sig you say?  :hmm: 

RSN172

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 10:44:39 AM »

While I wasn't against the stimulus, I do personally have mixed feelings about it. . .
I agree.  This is not free money.  Our children and the next 5 generations are going to pay for it.

drck1000

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2020, 10:56:32 AM »
I agree.  This is not free money.  Our children and the next 5 generations are going to pay for it.
Children?  I'm sure I'll be feeling it. . . haha

But I hear ya.  I don't know most of the details of the plan to be honest.  I do think it will help a LOT of folks.  A lot of my mixed feelings come from personal opinions on "assistance programs", but that's a whole other subject.

hvybarrels

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2020, 11:45:33 AM »
The gold market has already voted on what happens next. Looks like we are heading for a national default, although they could still drag it out a few more years.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

mrgaf

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 05:11:04 PM »

I'll bank some.

Ahhhhhh happiness is a warm gun, so they say! I’m thinking of another shotgun. CZ 1012 SA grey receiver, wood stock... orrrrrrrrr
Maybe a colt Python... dunno yet.  :D
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:41:09 PM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Kuleana

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »
The gold market has already voted on what happens next. Looks like we are heading for a national default, although they could still drag it out a few more years.

Understatement HB.

The latest stimulus packages authorized by Trump is in the multitrillions and there are mainstream experts saying it is still not enough or too late.

If the virus is not under control in the US after Summer, nothing on Earth will stop ensuing depression by Fall.

Moreover, now is not the time to be blaming or making any kind of threats to China, as evidenced by all the China haters online and in the print media.

As you know all to well, all China needs to do is to dump their US dollar/treasuries, which other countries will do the same in the resulting panic, and the US will go bankrupt and cease to exist overnight.

RSN172

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 07:18:50 PM »

As you know all to well, all China needs to do is to dump their US dollar/treasuries, which other countries will do the same in the resulting panic, and the US will go bankrupt and cease to exist overnight.
Eh, den maybe can get da Kingdom of Hawaii bak in operation.

mrgaf

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 07:42:04 PM »

shoots!  :shaka:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Kuleana

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »

No way in hell!  Not right now.   :shake:

Need to purge all the former Democrat leaning and anti-gunners ones first.   :thumbsup:

eyeeatingfish

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2020, 08:49:47 PM »
There is some talk I heard about requiring people to pay it back later if they made over a certain amount of money so I am not planning on spending it until I have checked that out.

However if it is mine to keep maybe buy some more Mountain House food as well, a few gun accessories, buy takeout food a bit as well. Might just buy stock as well while they are so low.

Inspector

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 01:24:16 PM »
I’m going to buy a Python with mine. Oh wait, half of it is my wife’s. What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!