Clarification On Debit Card Use (Read 3203 times)

drck1000

Clarification On Debit Card Use
« on: February 06, 2017, 03:14:39 PM »
Request clarification on debit card use. 

Per your website and my understanding, debit card use qualifies as same as cash in terms of the 3% charge.  Reason why I ask is that I went to enter my latest ammo purchase from my debit card into my checkbook log and noticed that it included "Item # 26 - CC FEE"  of 3% and down below the receipt says debit as the transaction.  So I am wondering if the CC FEE is something that has to be entered in the transaction. 

I will just say that I should have checked the receipt before I left.  But in my excitement that I had more ammo, I just signed, picked up the ammo and left.   ;D  So I am accepting at least partial responsibility here, but also trying to avoid this happening again.   

Anyways, I believe I told Eric that I would be paying via debit.  So if the CC FEE is something that needs to be manually entered in the transaction, is there a better way to MORE clearly state my intentions on paying via debit so as to not garner the 3% charge.  Or maybe I just need to exercise a bit more awareness in my purchases.   

I recall this happening once before and I told myself that it was probably my fault.  That I didn't clearly state debit and maybe pulling out a debit card could have been mistaken as intent to use a credit card.  I have paid for guns via debit before and don't recall this happening. so I thought ammo might have been different, but the website says "on guns, ammo or accessories".

Just trying to avoid this happening again and maybe a little bit of venting. 

Thanks!

dafrtknocker

Re: Clarification On Debit Card Use
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 04:38:47 PM »
Every time I use Debit it ask for my pin number, no signing.

OGC

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 04:58:41 PM »
 You actually select debit or credit on the pin pad yourself ...

And if you select debit you have to enter the pin.

and then on the pin pad it also says whether it's debit or credit, the amount, and whether it's OK  and you have to press yes .

That being said email me a photo of your receipt and I'll tell Eric to issue you a store credit because it was a mistake .

drck1000

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 05:03:54 PM »
You actually select debit or credit on the pin pad yourself ...

And if you select debit you have to enter the pin.

and then on the pin pad it also says whether it's debit or credit, the amount, and whether it's OK  and you have to press yes .

That being said email me a photo of your receipt and I'll tell Eric to issue you a store credit because it was a mistake .
Thanks. Will see what I can find.

Yeah, definitely selected debit and entered pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rklapp

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 07:04:18 PM »
Think of it as gratuity for offering you the chance to purchase significant quantities of ammo from them.
Yahh! Freedom and justice shall always prevail over tyranny, Babysitter Girl!
https://ronsreloading.wordpress.com/

drck1000

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »
Think of it as gratuity for offering you the chance to purchase significant quantities of ammo from them.
I've contributed to their profit margin plenty over the years. If you want to add 3% to all of your OGC purchases, I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk