HDF range day - saturday may 26, 2018- carbine! (Read 4537 times)

macsak

HDF range day - saturday may 26, 2018- carbine!
« on: May 12, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »
this month, we will have a carbine skill builder class
space is EXTREMELY limited so that we can maximize learning

no RSVP is necessary for the open shoot portion, which runs from 8-10
if you help set up from 7:15, you will receive a $5 discount  on open shoot (regular fee is $15)
you may shoot any HI legal rifle, shotgun, or pistol
10 rounds in mag limit, rapid fire allowed as long as it is AIMED
there will be targets set up at various distances, but you are welcome to bring your own (targets must be approved by range staff)
personal equipment (targets/tables) MUST be set up during setup time before line goes hot

covered shoes are REQUIRED for all who are present

we will be cleaning up and setting up for the class from 10-10:30
class begins promptly at 10:30 am, please arrive by 10 am to check in, help set up, and get geared up.
late arrivals may be charged a late fee or even be denied entry to the class.
If you are unable to attend, please let us know as soon as possible.  Failure to provide at least 72 hours notice may result in penalties for future classes.

required gear/ammo: carbine, at least 3 magazines, pouches (belt or chest rig) to hold spare mags, 200 rounds of ammo

please let us know if you cannot stay until he end of the session, because we usually have a small challenge at the end and we need to form teams

DO NOT RSVP on this thread.
email this address to sign up and you will be notified next week of your class status
---------> hdfrangeday@thehdf.org <----------
RSVPs begin at 8 am saturday 5/12/18
signups before 8 am will be dealt with accordingly 
you will receive notification of your class status on monday,  via email
if you apply later than monday, you will receive a reply email with your status as we receive it.

please be courteous to your fellow shooters
do not take spots in the class if you are unable to attend
late cancellations and no-shows can lead to automatic waitlist status in the future

changemyoil66

Re: HDF range day - saturday may 26, 2018- carbine!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 01:03:39 PM »
Signed me and the Mrs change up.  If the VTAC is there, I need redemption.  Instructor and the Mrs keep making fun. 

Bushido

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:12:23 PM »
Signed me and the Mrs change up.  If the VTAC is there, I need redemption.  Instructor and the Mrs keep making fun.

Hmmmm. Want to sign up but have a graduation to go to in the evening. Don't want to show up in camo and plate carrier.

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 09:13:12 AM »
Hmmmm. Want to sign up but have a graduation to go to in the evening. Don't want to show up in camo and plate carrier.

Get waiting list already.  But we gonna be at open shoot.  the Mrs never shoot the p10 yet.  And I want to run some HP ammo through it just to make sure it functions.

IDK if it's paranoia or being more awoke, but I was at Chaminade grad the other night and felt super paranoid since it's a huge crowd.  So I stood outside on the edge, instead of mixed in the crowd waiting.

Platinum808

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 02:44:53 PM »
Which bay are you guy going to be at? I want to come and try shoot at free shoot first time , is it the one behide the silhouette
Club closes to the ocean?? If not i will drive around and look

:shaka:
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

macsak

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 02:53:55 PM »
Which bay are you guy going to be at? I want to come and try shoot at free shoot first time , is it the one behide the silhouette

small bay on the hanauma bay side

look for the big white shipping container

Bushido

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 07:02:05 PM »
Will be at the open shoot.

dafrtknocker

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 08:13:24 PM »

Left Side

macsak

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2018, 08:31:09 PM »

dogman

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2018, 08:44:21 PM »
Left Side

Those two coconut trees are dead now. :(

changemyoil66

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 08:43:13 PM »
Thanks for another awesome skill builder.

I learned the following:

1) i can increase my pace while still being safe (reloads, transitioning positions, etc...)

2) what to do when gear fails. My red dot worked for the 1st mag, then battery died. Optic showed no signs of battery dying. I keep a spare in the compartment inside my buttstock. So the reason why i chose the stock paid off. Ran irons for a little bit, untill i had time to replace the battery.

3) 1st time shooting from prone and reloading (shot from prone last carbine class, but on my side for bottom slots on vtac). So regular prone.

4) Bring more ammo. Brought 550rds had 50 left. (Wife and i shared)

What Mrs.Change learned

1) Try new gear on before class. Well idk if she learned, but "i told u so" proved right. Told her to try on her drop leg 6 mag pouch on day b4 class. She didnt and it was aggravating her new leg tattoo.

2) Gained more confidence knowing she can hit what shes aiming at

3) Reaching around under the front of the upper for bolt release. She was going over the top or using strong hand to hit release.

4) Reloading from prone

5) Will practice support side shooting.

6) Had fun and loved her P10C. Shot better with it compares to M&P 9c. I wanna buy one also...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dogman

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 10:06:06 PM »
What Mrs.Change learned

6) Had fun and loved her P10C. Shot better with it compares to M&P 9c. I wanna buy one also...

Glad to hear the Mrs. found The Gun she likes  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: