Interisland quarantine re-instated. Parks and beaches closed until 9/5 (Read 6567 times)

QUIETShooter

Re: Interisland quarantine re-instated. Parks and beaches closed until 9/5
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2020, 10:43:31 AM »
ainokea.  Yoo no kea.  We all no kea.  That's ok.  This fricken virus has us all on edge.  So just do wat you want.  Everybody doing that anyway.  But maybe now the consequences might be harsh.

I think we all should do this though:  we should kea for our own.  If we each take kea of our own, then maybe, just maybe we will come out of this mess.

Truth is, we all should kea.  The ainokea attitude is the downfall of all societies, governments, and nations.  Sure, our leaders at the top look like they dunno what they doing.  But I believe they kea.

Ok. rant over.  Do what you want.

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

aaronc5362

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2020, 01:59:48 PM »
I agree quiet shooter.

The higher ups do care, they are leading us. As much as i dont like trump, he is trying. ( i think ill hate biden more tho 🤣) Im sure as hell him and our governer (even tho i hate all that mag cap ban shit etc.) and everyone else wouldnt want to go down in history as the reason why humanity fails to exist.

The virus is new. We all need to accept and adapt to the change. Theres alot i dont agree bout quarantine and closures but in a way i see from their pov it may help. And tbh it did, back in april/may. Numbers were down. Once it was lifted, more cases rose across the nation. Atleast what i read from articles and saw on the news. If they are lying then shame on them. 🤷‍♂️ i can only go by statistics that are given to me/ the public.

Shtf in an unreal way. I even remember reading an article, a mother gave birth to a child in late march or early april. The baby contracted corona from the mother. How fucked up is that? You think she wanted that for her child? Would you want that for your child? I dont think a sane parent ever would.

zippz

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2020, 02:54:35 PM »
Looks like things will be the norm at KHSC this weekend.  No changes posted on the parks website and no registration slots on the Pros website.

I haven't seen any clubs posting events in the action bays lately, wonder if those are closed due to the "no team sports" restriction.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

hvybarrels

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2020, 03:14:15 PM »
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

groveler

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2020, 06:42:17 AM »
I agree quiet shooter.

The higher ups do care, they are leading us. As much as i dont like trump, he is trying. ( i think ill hate biden more tho 🤣) Im sure as hell him and our governer (even tho i hate all that mag cap ban shit etc.) and everyone else wouldnt want to go down in history as the reason why humanity fails to exist.

The virus is new. We all need to accept and adapt to the change. Theres alot i dont agree bout quarantine and closures but in a way i see from their pov it may help. And tbh it did, back in april/may. Numbers were down. Once it was lifted, more cases rose across the nation. Atleast what i read from articles and saw on the news. If they are lying then shame on them. 🤷‍♂️ i can only go by statistics that are given to me/ the public.

Shtf in an unreal way. I even remember reading an article, a mother gave birth to a child in late march or early april. The baby contracted corona from the mother. How fucked up is that? You think she wanted that for her child? Would you want that for your child? I dont think a sane parent ever would.
"The higher ups do care, they are leading us"
I guess that is where I strongly disagree with you.

"The higher ups do care, they are enslaving us, they need faithful slaves to do their bidding.
FIFY

ren

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2020, 07:30:33 AM »
I don't believe that our local govt officials are creating a safe and reasonable environment for us. A lot of these mandates have no basis. As I mentioned before there are no cases linked to hiking trails, mini golf or bowling alleys. There are cases in Honolulu Hale.
My hypothesis is that they are creating this environment because they are shaping it for the election. They are likely following what others are doing in other states such as NY. They are doing the same things there.
Deeds Not Words

robtmc

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2020, 08:26:49 AM »
They are likely following what others are doing in other states such as NY. They are doing the same things there.
Democrats are a herd animal.  Their violent reaction to rogues within the herd bears that out.

Makes sense for them to follow other herd behavior, rather than reason it out for themselves.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2020, 09:04:29 AM »
Like before, you're good if you're in the water, about to go in, or just got out. If you're chilling on the sand and hanging out, different story.

I remember Caldwell mentioning if you're going into the water to swim, surf and fish you're good to go. So he mentioned fishing.  Did he mean fishing as in spear fishing/diving?  Because I can't see fishing as in shore fishing unless you keep moving.  Those who like to dunk their poles are out of luck?

oldfart

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2020, 09:06:22 AM »
The restrictions are a textbook example of laws or rules created to try to mandate public safety.
Exactly the same principle as gun laws. But as we know, it is irresponsible individual behavior which causes problems.
It is a no-win situation all around.
The job of a politician is tough nowadays. There is no model to follow, so anything that is done, or not done will meet criticism.

Just practice your own safety protocol. Use common sense.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2020, 09:11:27 AM »
The restrictions are a textbook example of laws or rules created to try to mandate public safety.
Exactly the same principle as gun laws. But as we know, it is irresponsible individual behavior which causes problems.
It is a no-win situation all around.
The job of a politician is tough nowadays. There is no model to follow, so anything that is done, or not done will meet criticism.

Just practice your own safety protocol. Use common sense.

Umm...just wondering, would you care to run for office?  I'd consider voting for you...... ;D

You had me from your last sentence! :thumbsup:

oldfart

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2020, 09:20:07 AM »
Umm...just wondering, would you care to run for office?  I'd consider voting for you...... ;D

You had me from your last sentence! :thumbsup:
Really smart people don't become politicians.
So what does that say about career politicians?
 :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2020, 09:24:35 AM »
The inter island travel quarantine rules made no sense.

Oahu - neighbor island, 14 day
Neighbor island - Oahu, no quarantine
Neighbor island to neighbor island, 14 day

What happens when Gov selects people based on family and friend ties...

oldfart

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2020, 10:49:22 AM »

Josh green was on the news saying that even he was confounded by the new rules.
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2020, 10:59:53 AM »
Banning the environments with low transmission rates and activities that boost peoples immune systems only makes sense if the goal is to force everyone at gunpoint to buy dangerous expensive vaccines.
“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

robtmc

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2020, 11:02:50 AM »
Josh green was on the news saying that even he was confounded by the new rules.
I suspect a lot of things confound Green.

oldfart

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 11:12:38 AM »
Be nice to your next governor.
 :shake:
What, Me Worry?

groveler

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2020, 11:28:28 AM »

I just slipped under that one.
I had to accompany my wife to Oahu for Cataract surgery.
Under these rules we would have to quarantine.
She tested negative before the trip, therefore
I'm also by her testing, negative.
We don't socially distance from each other.
( unless she gets pissed off at me)

Ige just about shut down all outer island Kaiser medical
care at Honolulu facilities. Kaiser sends all surgery
to Honolulu,  no local stuff.
How many lives does that screw up?

macsak

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2020, 12:19:24 PM »

DOCTOR green

ren

Deeds Not Words

Kuleana

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2020, 12:27:54 PM »
for real?

That's DOCTOR Macsak to you.