kOKO HEAD RANGE (Read 3703 times)

DesertRangerTycho

Re: kOKO HEAD RANGE
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2022, 04:00:40 PM »
There's a Hawaii Kai neighborhood board mtg tonight.  Would be. A good place to ask the questions and see council member Walters.  I'm off island so cannot attend, but trying to find someone to go.  https://www.honolulu.gov/component/jevents/icalrepeat.detail/2022/09/27/16063/1197/hawaii-kai-nb-regular-meeting.html?Itemid=2404

Looks like you can attend digitally.  Also there is nothing on the agenda discussing Koko Head SRC

zippz

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2022, 04:07:24 PM »
Looks like you can attend digitally.  Also there is nothing on the agenda discussing Koko Head SRC

The purpose is to talk to all the leaders offline about the park and see what we can do.  It might be brought up under the mayors time or other area unlisted.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2022, 10:41:35 PM »
call the mayors office ASAP
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2022, 06:44:36 AM »
Another "Hearing" in the near future?
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2022, 07:25:00 AM »
doesn't hurt to call at this point. there may be some internal decision makers that are not in favor of reopening the range and are pushing this lead issue as the ultimate reason why
Deeds Not Words

zippz

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2022, 08:06:06 AM »
Koko head closure is very possible, since we have a very antigun mayor and parks director.

Caldwell didn't do anything to fix the range, but at least he did what was needed to keep it open.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

aieahound

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2022, 11:07:12 AM »
Might be time for bumper stickers.

Last one is tongue in cheek
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 11:41:31 AM by aieahound »

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2022, 12:12:18 PM »
Start issuing CC Licenses (finally).

Close the only available municipal range on Oahu.

What could possibly go wrong?
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

Akubone1

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2022, 01:08:07 PM »
Perfect timing for the gun show.  I’m not investing in anymore ammo no matter how cheap.  What is the range closes🥵

changemyoil66

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2022, 01:21:29 PM »
Perfect timing for the gun show.  I’m not investing in anymore ammo no matter how cheap.  What is the range closes🥵

I told myself the same thing. BRB packing my wagon in the trunk to take to the gun show.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2022, 03:07:49 PM »
What am I gonna do?  I'm already a horrible marksman. :(
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2022, 05:24:05 PM »
On a positive not this could finally be enough to rage-activate some of our local Fudds into the gun rights movement

“Wars happen when the government tells you who the enemy is. Revolutions happen when you figure it out for yourselves.”

robtmc

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2022, 05:29:15 PM »
Anyone heard about a meeting going on this afternoon at DPR to shut down the range permanently?
Why am I not Shocked, SHOCKED! at the thought.

After all the work Knudsen put in with the acopacalypic causes of Magic Bullets in Hawaii Mai?

you just know that POS has been working on this, and here is his big shot!

robtmc

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2022, 05:33:09 PM »
Start issuing CC Licenses (finally).

Close the only available municipal range on Oahu.

What could possibly go wrong?
Some common scene from the A-Team comes to mind

robtmc

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2022, 05:34:45 PM »
On a positive not this could finally be enough to rage-activate some of our local Fudds into the gun rights movement
From the comments about my bitching about no decent shooting range on the BI, they will not do a damn thing.