On mask and gloves for the virus (Read 17676 times)

Rocky

Re: On mask and gloves for the virus
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2020, 08:07:42 AM »
There is proof that if Trump had the cure for cancer, the DNC would use every effort to stop it.  He tweeted about the possible effects of the Malaria drugs.  The fake news jumped on it.  Then some dumbass ingested fish tank cleaner because it shared a common name and died.  For days, that's all the news headlines read were "Man dies due to Trump's cure".  Then on some articles, hidden toward the end, they mention it was fish tank cleaner.

I wonder how long testing is delayed because they don't want Trump to get any credit what so ever.  Even though he didn't think about it, but was going off of the positive treatments of other countries like France and Italy.
And then you find out his wife was anti Trump die hard hilly fan who donated $500 to hrc and that she was already charged with abusing her husband and divorce papers had been filed.  :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2020, 11:11:45 AM »
And then you find out his wife was anti Trump die hard hilly fan who donated $500 to hrc and that she was already charged with abusing her husband and divorce papers had been filed.  :rofl: :rofl:

Which is more likely?

A.  A Trump-hating couple did what they mistakenly thought Trump told them they ought to do?

OR

B.  A woman who was arrested in the past for assaulting her husband and still wanted a divorce saw a chance to get rid of him without the muss and fuss of a divorce, and at the same time blame the President she hates?

They both drank it, but he's the one who died.  Nothing "fishy" .....   :rofl:
"How can you diagnose someone with an obsessive-compulsive disorder
and then act as though I had some choice about barging in?"
-- Melvin Udall

ren

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2020, 07:14:50 PM »
the organization that is pushing for everyone to wear masks and have persuaded the Honolulu Mayor to mandate it
http://www.every1nehawaii.com/covid-19-hawaii

“The big mistake in the U.S. and Europe, in my opinion, is that people aren’t wearing masks. This virus is transmitted by droplets and close contact. Droplets play a very important role—you’ve got to wear a mask, because when you speak, there are always droplets coming out of your mouth. Many people have asymptomatic or presymptomatic infections. If they are wearing face masks, it can prevent droplets that carry the virus from escaping and infecting others."

-George Gao, director-general of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention

MOVEMENT FOR STATE-WIDE USE OF NON-MEDICAL GRADE MASKS AS CRITICAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT AGAINST COVID-19
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2020, 09:05:46 PM »
I swear by dis one.  Da sella wen tell me dis company been making anti-virus mo den 25 years and da disc stay make one magnetic field 3 ft around your whole body fo kill any virus.  She said, "I promise."

Heavies

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2020, 10:06:11 PM »
the organization that is pushing for everyone to wear masks and have persuaded the Honolulu Mayor to mandate it
http://www.every1nehawaii.com/covid-19-hawaii

“The big mistake in the U.S. and Europe, in my opinion, is that people aren’t wearing masks. This virus is transmitted by droplets and close contact. Droplets play a very important role—you’ve got to wear a mask, because when you speak, there are always droplets coming out of your mouth. Many people have asymptomatic or presymptomatic infections. If they are wearing face masks, it can prevent droplets that carry the virus from escaping and infecting others."

-George Gao, director-general of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention

MOVEMENT FOR STATE-WIDE USE OF NON-MEDICAL GRADE MASKS AS CRITICAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT AGAINST COVID-19

I've seen this floated around everywhere.   WTF is this? A scam? Phishing expedition? ???

drck1000

« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2020, 09:11:53 AM »
I've seen this floated around everywhere.   WTF is this? A scam? Phishing expedition? ???
Been seeing lots of that or similar.  Where people are taking and posting/sharing as facts.  Another is medium.com where it's essentially a collaboration of opinions.  Anyone can say stuff in a confident and credible sounding manner and people will believe it's true.  Have lots of those folks on the board here. . .

RSN172

« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2020, 04:43:43 PM »
hawaii]http://www.every1nehawaii.com/covid-19-hawaii[/url]

Da pakes jus tryin fo make som money az all.  Since dey make choke masks, dey lik make one good market, lik toilet peppa.  You neva heeya da jingle, "Chin Chin Chinaman sitting on da fence, tryin fo make a dolla outta fifty cents."

jc2721

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2020, 02:00:23 PM »
Da pakes jus tryin fo make som money az all.  Since dey make choke masks, dey lik make one good market, lik toilet peppa.  You neva heeya da jingle, "Chin Chin Chinaman sitting on da fence, tryin fo make a dolla outta fifty cents."
Waycist! >:D

RSN172

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2020, 02:06:53 PM »
Waycist! >:D
My fadda's parents com direct fom China in da late 1890s.  Since I half Pake, I get da right fo talk about dem guys.

oldfart

« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2020, 10:22:34 AM »
Note my new invention.
I call it the CanineT5 mask.
Includes peanut butter for easier installation.
What, Me Worry?

ren

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2020, 08:56:41 PM »
Since its a mandate now - I've observed people touching their face more often to adjust, take off or fiddle with their masks. This is is like going to the Progressive Insurance Amusement Park with a helmet.
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2020, 02:43:15 AM »
Plus now no can sample da poke befo you buy.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2020, 02:45:53 AM »
Since its a mandate now - I've observed people touching their face more often to adjust, take off or fiddle with their masks. This is is like going to the Progressive Insurance Amusement Park with a helmet.

I need to go to Costco this week.  I'll do a little recon on how many sample distributors are still working.

The correct answer should be "zero".   :rofl:
-- Melvin Udall

RSN172

« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2020, 06:03:33 AM »
The company rhat runs the sample tables (they are not Costco employees) closed temporarily at least 2 weeks ago and will remain closed through the pandemic. 

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2020, 11:31:20 AM »
The company rhat runs the sample tables (they are not Costco employees) closed temporarily at least 2 weeks ago and will remain closed through the pandemic.

I assumed that would be the case, but it never hurts to do an in-house verification.   :shaka:
-- Melvin Udall

changemyoil66

« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2020, 12:44:39 PM »
Has anyone seen on a regular basis the news or politicians (Kawakami, Caldwell, etc..) being on TV and telling people how to property wear their mask?  I still see lots of people with their nostrils exposed, N95 with long beards, etc...Maybe I saw the news mention it once, but not enough because people are still wearing them wrong. 

oldfart

« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »
Along this line, for many years now, people from Japan and China have been wearing masks.
Long before covid19. They knew something Americans didn't know?
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2020, 01:04:40 PM »
Has anyone seen on a regular basis the news or politicians (Kawakami, Caldwell, etc..) being on TV and telling people how to property wear their mask?  I still see lots of people with their nostrils exposed, N95 with long beards, etc...Maybe I saw the news mention it once, but not enough because people are still wearing them wrong.
I saw Mayor Kim on TV the other day.  Mask falling off, barely able to keep on his nose.  Had to adjust many times during his interview, rubbed his eyes, etc.  :facepalm:

Along this line, for many years now, people from Japan and China have been wearing masks.
Long before covid19. They knew something Americans didn't know?
Many live daily lives in such cramped quarters that wearing of masks by the sick to prevent spread is good sense.  Many "westerners" wear masks to protect themselves from getting exposed. 

stangzilla

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2020, 01:15:22 PM »
nothing to do with masks, but i'm getting tired of seeing mayor Kawakami dancing
I don't want to see you dance.  just do your job. don't dance.   :grrr:

changemyoil66

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2020, 01:23:16 PM »
nothing to do with masks, but i'm getting tired of seeing mayor Kawakami dancing
I don't want to see you dance.  just do your job. don't dance.   :grrr:

Would rather see his wife dance.