Linked Events

• HDF Suit: State Response Due: September 21, 2011
  • HDF Suit: Hearing on Plaintiff's MOTION for Prelim Inj: March 21, 2012
  • HDF Suit: Oral Arguments: December 06, 2012

HONOLULU POLICE CHIEF AND STATE OF HAWAII SUED FOR SECOND AMENDMENT VIOLATIONS (Read 278773 times)

Heavies

How is media coverage on this? 

Is the NRA affording any assistance to this?

Funtimes

How is media coverage on this? 

Is the NRA affording any assistance to this?

Media Coverage outside of Hawaii is fairly good, especially on gun forums.   

NRA = Not Really Assisting (with anything), which was expected. 

The most gut wrenching fact is that we actually have received more support from off the island, then from within it.  There are people here who support (and I am greatly thankful!), but they are very few and far between. I
Check out the Hawaii Defense Foundation.
HDF on Facebook
Defender of the Accused in Arkansas Courts
Posts are not legal advice & are my own, unless said so.

pj_benn

Awesome stuff. I think theres more local support than it seems.

Funtimes

Awesome stuff. I think theres more local support than it seems.

Let me know what rock to look under :) I will be happy to venture that way.
HDF on Facebook

2aHawaii

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Sheepdog
  • Referrals: 17
    • View Profile
    • 2aHawaii
KITV had some coverage on the suit. There is some video and there are quite a few comments there and I've seen a few of you posting :)

http://www.kitv.com/news/28983145/detail.html
I am not a lawyer.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." - United States Constitution Amendment 2 & Hawaii State Constitution Article 1 Section 17

Buying from Amazon? Click through here

vooduchikn

KITV had some coverage on the suit. There is some video and there are quite a few comments there and I've seen a few of you posting :)

Sad how many mis-informed folks are posting on that article.

I love that a couple have to throw the "mainlander" card and make it look like this is people coming to Hawaii that want this....

There are some not so bright folks on there.
Relax, I've banned myself..

Cougar8045

Sad how many mis-informed folks are posting on that article.

I love that a couple have to throw the "mainlander" card and make it look like this is people coming to Hawaii that want this....

There are some not so bright folks on there.
True story.  As if human rights were restricted only to certain groups.  Not to mention that the history of gun control is profoundly racist.  The truly comical thing is, they want to keep "their" gun control laws, but gun control was designed by "mainlanders" (white folks) to keep guns out of the hands of brown people. (i.e. Hawaiians, Indians, blacks, etc.)  "I demand that the white man keep on keeping us down!  Damn haoles!"
I'm just a fluffy white bunny rabbit who lost his way. 

"If a thief be found breaking in, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him. ..."  -Exodus 22:2

Vladimir

Where and how can we donate?

Heavies

Vladimir

Where and how can we donate?

http://www.hawaiidefensefoundation.org/

Donated! It's not much but every little bit counts. Working part-time with bills and tuition fees sucks but sacrifices for a greater goal in the long run, much like this 2nd Amendment fight!

Funtimes

Vlad -- thank you very much.  Every little bit *does* help! At the end of the day, a dollar is a dollar. And, as a student myself, I know how paying for school can suck you dry (I pay for my wife and myself).   
HDF on Facebook

Kingkeoni

I for one, truly appreciate you going to bat for the constitution.

Thank you.

If I've already said it then thank you again.
Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Sgt.CUSMC

Hi team!!!

I joined HDF, and donated....as I'm on Hawaii Island, I wait with baited breath to see the results of the suit.

When (not IF), when HDF is successful, it stands to reason the other islands should also be "next in line" for HDF legal action. Does anyone know (or have an opinion) if HDF is concurrently moving forward on the outer islands? or going to wait until the Honolulu suit is settled?

My manao is to file at all counties within a short timeframe as each Chief of Police has the decision making power. Who knows, Maui and Hawaii Island might be "easier" given the number of hunters we have with permits, etc. Firearms are seen differently in rural areas compared to urban.

Where do we get statisitics (HPD, FBI, etc) covering violent crimes against persons, property, etc. that is broken down by respective counties?

Aloha, and Semper Fi,

Frank/ SgtCUSMC

Funtimes

Sgt,

This case will bind ALL counties of Hawaii.  There is only one district court; rest assured, when we win -- all counties will comply.
HDF on Facebook

antoinebugleboy

I just threw some change into the pot. Good luck!
There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. - Heinlein

I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Rand

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Hitchens

Heavies

Awesome. I hope many folks out there are getting the word!

Our friends in the mainland are posting this up on forums. If other forums you frequent do not have the issue posted link them up and ask for support!  It's gonna take lots of time, money, and effort.

I couldn't thank Funtimes and all in the HDF enough for their efforts in this endeavor.

230RN

I was especially delighted by this verbiage from the Complaint:

By maintaining and enforcing a set of customs,
practices, and policies arbitrarily denying Mr. Baker̢۪s
permit to carry handguns based on a subjective
determination of their “an exceptional case” for the
permit, Defendants are propagating customs,
policies, and practices that violate Mr. Baker's rights

to equal protection of the laws under the Second a
nd Fourteenth Amendment to the United States
Constitution,

(Sample of this oft-used language,  from paragraph
97 of the Complaint.  Boldface mine.)

Aren't there criminal penalties for civil rights violations?  Is there a possibility that the Chief and the Governor could be thrown in the hoosegow at some point?  Serious question!

Cougar8045  pointed out:

Not to mention that the history of gun control is profoundly racist.  The truly comical thing is, they want to keep "their" gun control laws, but gun control was designed by "mainlanders" (white folks) to keep guns out of the hands of brown people. (i.e. Hawaiians, Indians, blacks, etc.)  "I demand that the white man keep on keeping us down!  Damn haoles!"

This fact, while well-known in the firearms community, ought to be ditributed far and wide in your islands.  Here's a sample:

http://www.lizmichael.com/racistgc.htm

More articles on the racist aspects of gun control abound.

I believe, way back in English history, there were examples of Protestants not allowing Catholics to be armed (or the other way around).  So it's not a new or even US phenomenon.

Terry, "haole," 230RN

ETA:  What's Hawaiian for "jail" or "hoosegow?"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:38:45 AM by 230RN »
I do believe that the radical and crazy notion that the Founders meant what they said, is gradually soaking through the judicial system.

Armaggeddon_Armory

Aren't there criminal penalties for civil rights violations?  Is there a possibility that the Chief and the Governor could be thrown in the hoosegow at some point?  Serious question!

Yeah, if it were you or I, we would be locked away for years for violating someone else's civil rights, in this case, both aforementioned fat heads are only doing what they deem best for the overall good of the United States, and that good specifically is enabling the criminals and the goverment to unite. ::)

Vladimir

Youtube video!

Funtimes

No criminal penalties, but there are civil ones.  Now, if the violation is like abuse or brutality then yeah.  But, for just the purposes of denying a right, you can seek vindication via $$$.
HDF on Facebook