The Rapback legal action Thread (Read 140453 times)

oldfart

Re: The Rapback legal action Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2016, 08:27:18 AM »
i attached a note on paypal payment, my screen name here on 2ahawaii.
just for your personal info.  just as long as rapback loses, its worth it.
We really should go nationwide with this gundraiser.

If we lose here, is there any doubt that the antis will spread it like pies in a cow pasture?

That is why I can't understand why the NRA is so quiet.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2016, 08:36:29 AM »
http://rugerforum.net/tavern/213082-rapback-help-needed.html#post2589434

I started a thread on rugerforum.net
with links, gofundme link, youtube, and general info on rapback
maybe can get some help there
if others are on different national firearms forums, they can start something there too.  reach out nationwide

oldfart

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2016, 09:32:25 AM »
http://rugerforum.net/tavern/213082-rapback-help-needed.html#post2589434

I started a thread on rugerforum.net
with links, gofundme link, youtube, and general info on rapback
maybe can get some help there
if others are on different national firearms forums, they can start something there too.  reach out nationwide
===========
outstanding

I don't belong to any other forums but I know many of you belong to other forums.
I suggest spreading the word there since it will likely spread like cancer if it goes unchecked here.
What, Me Worry?

London808

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2016, 11:01:31 AM »
Step one go after the low hanging fruit. The illgeal charging of $42 for people reapplying for permits.

Major Robinson of the HPD ignoring state law and charging a fee to firearms applicants that are not required to pay said fee

HRS 134-2 (i) reads :

No fee shall be charged for permits, or applications for permits, under this section, except for a single fee chargeable by and payable to the issuing county, for individuals applying for their first permit, in an amount equal to the fee charged by the Hawaii criminal justice data center pursuant to section 846-2.7.

Key words : FIRST PERMIT

"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

punaperson

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2016, 12:37:50 PM »
Thank you for recording that and posting it.

Not surprised to hear "I'm going to do what I've been told to do, no matter what the law actually says".

The only thing they understand is being on the losing end of a lawsuit, when the court spells it out for them (I'd say "in plain English", but it's already in plain English).

Now you have "standing" for the lawsuit.

z06psi

« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2016, 12:48:56 PM »
Step one go after the low hanging fruit. The illgeal charging of $42 for people reapplying for permits.

Major Robinson of the HPD ignoring state law and charging a fee to firearms applicants that are not required to pay said fee

HRS 134-2 (i) reads :

No fee shall be charged for permits, or applications for permits, under this section, except for a single fee chargeable by and payable to the issuing county, for individuals applying for their first permit, in an amount equal to the fee charged by the Hawaii criminal justice data center pursuant to section 846-2.7.

Key words : FIRST PERMIT

This guys is an arrogant POS.   He refused to answer any of my emails as well when he was referred by Will Espero.

He works for the people and his kind needs to be sent into retirement.

z06psi

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »

Not surprised to hear "I'm going to do what I've been told to do, no matter what the law actually says".

The only thing they understand is being on the losing end of a lawsuit, when the court spells it out for them (I'd say "in plain English", but it's already in plain English).

And he is dead wrong.  He sponsored the bill and he believes in this.   I have his email calling a particular person on this board a "Fanatic".    So he thinks people who defend their Constitutional rights as fanatics.

What is worse is that no one in this state will ever be checked by this behavior.  The Police Commission,  the legislature, the mayor, and the governor will sit idly by as someone like this uses Gestapo techniques to get their way.

London808

« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2016, 12:57:45 PM »

This alone is not lawsuit worthy, we file, pay $500 and then they say OK and change the policy to not charge the $42 any more,

I have a complaint written that i will be filling tomorrow with, HPD, The police commission and the city and county. Hopefully this alone will force them to stop.

Then we move onto the actual rapback part of it (i have to wait 14-20 days to get denyed my permit anyway)
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016

z06psi

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »
This alone is not lawsuit worthy, we file, pay $500 and then they say OK and change the policy to not charge the $42 any more,

I have a complaint written that i will be filling tomorrow with, HPD, The police commission and the city and county. Hopefully this alone will force them to stop.

Then we move onto the actual rapback part of it (i have to wait 14-20 days to get denyed my permit anyway)

Now that I know you are Mr. Roberts.  He was specifically referring to you about being a "fanatic".

London808

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 01:12:40 PM »
Now that I know you are Mr. Roberts.  He was specifically referring to you about being a "fanatic".

Would you have that e-mail for me, and when was this ?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 01:17:56 PM by London808 »

punaperson

« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »
And he is dead wrong.  He sponsored the bill and he believes in this.   I have his email calling a particular person on this board a "Fanatic".    So he thinks people who defend their Constitutional rights as fanatics.
Yeah. That makes about as much sense as criminals calling cops "fanatics" about observing and enforcing laws. Okay, so more accurately: "about selectively observing and enforcing the laws they approve of".

Heavies

« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2016, 02:01:32 PM »
Wow

London808

« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2016, 02:12:49 PM »
FANATIC
fa·nat·ic
fəˈnadik/
noun
a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
synonyms: zealot, extremist, militant, dogmatist, devotee, adherent;

well............ im not sure if i should be offended or not, I am really interested in how i came up and how it was used in contact tho.

Im sure its just becasue hes butt hurt i beat them in that last lawsuit and unlike most i understand the law and am willing to fight for my rights. I wonder how many Non-Citzens rights they violated before that last lawsuit.

London808

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »

oldfart

What, Me Worry?

Aloha808

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2016, 02:40:20 PM »
Major Robinson is a hypocrite.  He advocates not using a firearm for self defense, but instead to get a "big dog" instead.  Yet he goes to the HPD range to qualify with his new Glock 43 for off duty concealed carry.

oldfart

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2016, 04:04:59 PM »
Major Robinson is a hypocrite.  He advocates not using a firearm for self defense, but instead to get a "big dog" instead.  Yet he goes to the HPD range to qualify with his new Glock 43 for off duty concealed carry.
I believe hpd is required to qualify with whatever gun they carry.
What, Me Worry?

Heavies

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »
FANATIC
fa·nat·ic
fəˈnadik/
noun
a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.
synonyms: zealot, extremist, militant, dogmatist, devotee, adherent;

well............ im not sure if i should be offended or not, I am really interested in how i came up and how it was used in contact tho.

Im sure its just becasue hes butt hurt i beat them in that last lawsuit and unlike most i understand the law and am willing to fight for my rights. I wonder how many Non-Citzens rights they violated before that last lawsuit.
:thumbsup:

Thank you FANATIC, sincerely The Deplorables.

Aloha808

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2016, 04:22:20 PM »
I believe hpd is required to qualify with whatever gun they carry.

You missed the point.

My point is that he's advocating the public to get a dog, yet he gets to carry a firearm off duty for protection.  If he didn't have to, would he.

punaperson

« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2016, 04:28:35 PM »
You missed the point.

My point is that he's advocating the public to get a dog, yet he gets to carry a firearm off duty for protection.  If he didn't have to, would he.
For him to be logically consistent, he would only use the firearm off duty in his role as a sworn public servant intervening in a crime taking place in his presence. If he personally became a victim of a crime while off duty, he would not use the firearm, but rely on the canine, which he always has with him (right?).